We are looking for a Strong Leader (Assistant Manager) with QSR, Multi Units & Franchise Experience!
Who Are We?
UBC Food Services is an award winning management and culinary team looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, experienced professional! Our vision is to be the preferred food provider and employer of choice for our community and it takes great people to make this vision a reality! We are opening a new Italian-inspired, quick-service restaurant located in a student-community hub at the UBC Point Grey Campus. The Assistant Manager will provide leadership to the start-up, opening and day-to-day operation of this new unit.
What We Offer?
- Competitive starting salary (hiring range $52,121 - $62,570)
- Outstanding benefits
- Generous vacations and leaves
- Development and training opportunities
- Wellness initiatives and a respectful work environment
- Check out our amazing workplace at http://www.hr.ubc.ca/
What is the Role?
Assistant Manager Position:
- Designing, developing, implementing and monitoring policies to ensure a high quality of food and service is adhered to by all employees. Evaluating and promoting customer satisfaction.
- Reviewing, analyzing and managing all aspects of cost control such as food cost, labour cost, overhead etc. Producing statistical data and reports.
- Reviewing, analyzing and managing systems for daily sales, cash collections/controls, banking and ledger reconciliation to ensure functioning in an accurate and timely manner.
- Managing staff schedules to ensure proper workflow and maximum effectiveness and efficiency including reviewing, scheduling and authorizing work and vacation schedules.
- Responsible for menu planning, recommending and implementing new products/services and determining selling prices.
- Works with Manager - Retail Units and Franchisors to ensure compliance and adherence to franchise standards. Responsible for keeping current and knowledgeable on all aspects of franchise operations.
- Recruiting, training, disciplining, terminating, motivating, coaching, and performance evaluation of staff as required, in accordance with the collective agreement and administrative requirements.
- Responsible for health, safety and environmental issues including but not limited to safe food handling practices, WCB issues, unit safety inspections and safety training within units of responsibility. Responsible for planning, organizing and overseeing special events and promotions.
- Participating in development, planning and submission of annual budgets.
- Participating in planning of renovations and decorating, and purchasing of major equipment.
- Participating on University and departmental committees as required.
Who You Are?
- You must possess your undergraduate degree.
- You have five years relevant experience preferably working in the retail, hospitality or food services industry.
- You have experience managing multiple restaurants or QSRs
- You have experience with opening up a new restaurant and developing a new staff team.
- You have strong financial management skills including budget development and management.
- You have experience working with a large unionized workforce (100+ employees)
- You are looking for a full-time, year round position (you have the ability to work daytime, evenings and weekends)
- You are passionate about customer service and managing a staff team!
- You are a team player and have excellent interpersonal skills!
Express your interest by emailing your cover letter and resume with the subject “Assistant Manager.” Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Indeed - 16 months ago
The University of British Columbia is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 1908 as the McGill University...