Want to Take Your Culinary Career to the Next Level? Then read on!
Who Are We?
We are an award winning culinary team looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, experienced professionals! Our vision is to be the preferred caterer and employer of choice for our community and it takes great people to make this vision a reality!
We are now hiring for Assistant Cooks.
Love to be creative?
Join our creative team. We provide an innovative and cutting edge catering & dining experience for our guests.
What We Offer?
- Competitive starting salary $16.73/hour
- Outstanding benefits
- Generous vacations and leaves
- Development and training opportunities
- Wellness initiatives and a respectful work environment
What is the Role?
- Cooks and or prepares main courses, pastry items, bakeshop items, desserts, salads, sandwich plates and specialty items on a large scale and as per unit requirements.
- Performs grill cooking and short order cooking; takes food orders from customers as required.
- Recommends food inventory levels; assists in maintaining inventory.
- Cleans kitchen and kitchen equipment.
- Assesses and ensures quality of finished product prior to shipping out.
- Performs the duties of other food service workers on a relief basis as operationally required.
- Maintains proper standards of sanitation and safety in accordance with FoodSafe, UBC policy and UBC Food Services safety guidelines.
- Carries out any other related duties as required in keeping with the qualifications and requirements of positions in this classification.
Who You Are?
- You must possess your certificate in cooking from a recognized cooking institution & are passionate about culinary arts.
- You must possess your Food Safe certificate
- You are looking for a year round & part-time position (you have the ability to work daytime, evenings and weekends).
- You are an effective communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills!
“UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.”
Express your interest by emailing your cover letter and resume with the subject “Assistant Cook Residence Dining.” Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
Any information submitted in response to this advertisement will be used solely for the purpose of determining your suitability for employment, and is collected in accordance with UBC’s practices in regards to FIPPA. For more information, please see http://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2012/08/Access-and-Privacy-brochure.pdf.