University of Alberta

University of Alberta Employee Reviews

It is an awesome University anf good place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 14, 2015
The life at the University of Alberta is very pleasant. You start you day by walking through the beautiful Quad until to arrive to CCIS. The people working there are very smart and you learn many thing from your peers. The job gets harder when you have to submit a publication and gets easier when you just have to mark your lab reports.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2015
Mainly I do grading work under supervision of Chinese language Coordinator. I learned many things about teaching a second language.
Great colleagues and educational support
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2015
Clinical instructor for undergrad nursing students primarily based on cardiac medicine. Management research driven and approachable. co-workers helpful.
Dept. of Biological Sciences (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2015
Collaborative team environment with excellent and knowledgeable staff.The company was eager to implement a more sustainable method for product development
Very fun place to work
Teaching/ Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 16, 2015
Fun working environment. Lab coordinators make our life easier by preparing most materials for the labs. Some labs are not fun to teach though, but it totally depends on the lab coordinator.
Excellent academic traning
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2015
Gained valuable experiences in pipeline research
Cooperated very well with pipeline group members
Supervisors and lab instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful
Great place to work for
Research Technician (Contract position) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2015
Great place for people love to do the research; CO- workers are so helpful. awesome lab facility; however, it most likely offers contract position.
Pros
great working enviroment
Cons
contract position
A peaceful and productive environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2015
During the course of my PhD., I obtained solid knowledge in chemical engineering, separation techniques, and surface analysis. Through the quarterly reporting and presentation for sponsor of my PhD project (Nova Chemicals, Calgary, AB) I learnt how to meet the deadlines, set goals, achieve them and meet all the academic and industrial expectations. Finally, this industrial collaboration paved the way for me to discover the gaps and skills required for a PhD student to transition into a managerial role in the industry.
Great atmosphere to work and easy tasks
Library Shelving Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2015
*Assisting in shelving books in a timely and organized manner
*Classifying variety of books to different areas
*Keeping the tidy of books on the shelves
*Reporting the overflow of book shelves or any areas need to be fixed

From this job, I have learned to organize everything in effcient way and work indepently. I am realy enjoyable to work with my co-workers, all of them are nice and fun. We hepled each other to finish the tasks, and communicate about our process of tasks. The people in the liabraries are friendly, this is the most enjoyable part of the job for me. The hardest part of the job I think is sometimes people return books in the last 15 mins, and we need to try very hard to finish them.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short hours shift
Well organized
Seasonal Assistant Facility maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton albertaMarch 10, 2015
Both the crew and the management worked together quite well and was very helpful in filling this position. overall a wonderful experience.
Pros
clear management expectations
Cons
hot workplaces.
learning
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2015
Being a graduate student at university of Alberta was a whole new experience for me where you enjoy great privileges in terms of learning, professional workshops, daily activities, sports facilities and much more.
It was a great learning experience for me with access to all online databases and libraries. It greatly improved my writing, presentation and teaching skills.
Pros
learning potential
Cons
salary
good
student (Former Employee) –  edmontonMarch 4, 2015
The convenience of living directly on campus should not be underestimated. It facilitates integration attempts and enforces a more vivid community life!
Schooling
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Great School, many good courses offered among with a variety of inviting and helpful professors. Very nice campus, friendly, clean etc.
Discussing with office mate
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Department of Mathematics and StatisticsFebruary 9, 2015
Being a teaching assistant is a very tasking job. My first day at this work was a bit hard for me but I later get along with it as time went by.
Productive work place
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,ABFebruary 9, 2015
Excellent management.
I had a chance to improve my knowledge and communication skills.
Had a lot of hard working co-workers to learn from
The hardest part of the jib was long working hours, working at evenings and nights sometimes to accommodate patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends and relationships and go out for lunch
It is pleasure working at Alberta university
Faculty of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2015
the work at university starts at 8:30 am every day
the research continue all days and so the weekend for long time.
The place of work is perfect place to work
Productive and Energetic
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 7, 2015
The work in University of Alberta is really good. You can really learn about new things from the courses you took, the people you talked to and the research project you did.
Peoplesoft Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 6, 2015
It is a very productive environment and Challenging to handle the clients ,resolving their problem by giving technical Solutions.Attending meetings ,workshops to gain more knowledge about the business process.
Management is very friendly and i am getting good opportunity to work with high knowledge peoplesoft analysts.
Hardest part of my job,well i love my job ,i never feel like something is hardest for me.every challenges make to gain more knowledge .
Gaining Knowledge is the most enjoyable part not only as a part of job but also a team member.
Productive and fun place to work with recreation facilities available
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work will be getting to work early and settling down in front of your computer analyzing data from previous days or trying to get new data.
Great working and academic environment with excellent colleagues and students
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2015
- I can always learn new knowledge and skills from my daily work
- My coworkers are extremely hard-working, helpful, and friendly.
- However, sometimes it is difficult to find experts outside the department to share experiences on specific topics

4.3