University of Alberta Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive workplace
Teaching Assistant for Biostatistics (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2015
I work as Teaching Assistant and I have no complaints.I work with a professor who is well versed in Biostatistics so this is a great learning opportunity for me. Also, while teaching students it really helps to understand the concepts better.
Best work for students
Resource room of the Faculty of Physical Education (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 1, 2015
Great place to be and graduate from. I had the opportunity to study for course and get paid to make sure others had the opportunity to use resources
Pros
more time to study and get paid for it.
Cons
not enough hours
Satisfied with my work place
Research Monitor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 1, 2015
I had a really good time at the U of A, and I had the chance to learn more about my field and related fields. Although my supervisor never had the chance to send me to an international conference, which that would had been a really nice experience.
Pros
Good facilities
Leading students from EPSB in various environmental studies
Environmental Educator (Former Employee) –  Devon, ABSeptember 24, 2015
The position was extremely enjoyable and rewarding working with diverse ages and cultures. Although the studies and programs we ran remained the same the experience with each group was very different. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the season changes and being outside everyday. Although you have to be very aware of the weather forecast and changing conditions. Meeting new people and telling stories about nature, wildlife and history of the gardens was very rewarding. It was a peaceful and picturesque place to work.
Cons
Seasonal work
Everyday was different and kept you on your toes
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Collaborating closely with outside clients, professors and students was what I loved about working at the University. There is a certain feeling that the University gives off, that put a smile on my face everyday.

There was a new challenge that arouse each day and I'd have to troubleshoot an issue that I necessarily had never encountered before, therefore I'd learn from each challenge. Sometimes I'd learn how to solve that particular issue, and other times I would learn something about myself or my co-workers.
A great place to work!
Sessional Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 10, 2015
University of Alberta is an absolutely amazing place to work! Great work culture, great opportunities! There is an opportunity for a healthy work-life balance, the university is very supportive of healthy extra-curricular activities. The resources on campus are abundant so you always feel prepared for your work tasks.
Excellent place to cultivate a young mind into research field.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 26, 2015
I am thankful to be given the opportunities working in an active research laboratory here at the University of Alberta while studying for my undergraduate degree. It is a good place to work with encouraging and open people gifted with brilliant minds.
Excellent place to work
Faculty of Extension, English Language Program (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 22, 2015
This is an excellent place to work. It is a cooperative teaching team, with a supportive management. Everyone wants to work here, and there is a good reason for that.
Great work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 20, 2015
The University of Alberta is a great place to work that provides you the ability to be able to further your career within different areas of the UofA.
Flexible hours for a working mom
Older Adult Researcher/Workshop facilitator (Current Employee) –  Faculty of Nursing- GerontologyAugust 18, 2015
Great work environment with lots of flexibility and independence to get the work done in a timely manner and to manage your own schedule. Great for a mom that is wanting to work only part time!
Pros
Small team, felxible hours, work independently and on a team
Cons
Can't think of any
Great professors
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2015
In relation to my academic experience and my opportunity to work on a research project, I came across with very knowledgeable people, including my supervisor who was great and available at all times. Great space to gain work experience before going out for the real!!!
It is a good university for research.
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJune 26, 2015
Free atmosphere for research while the publication quality is really high.

Effective administration and support team.

Good work/life balance. The library and gym are word class.
Enjoy my TA position
Graduate teaching assistant for MAT E 202 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2015
We received plenty of train for being a research assistant for undergraduates. The management is flexible and I really interacting with my students and co-operating with my co-workers.
Pros
Flexibility in teaching
It is an awesome University anf good place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 14, 2015
The life at the University of Alberta is very pleasant. You start you day by walking through the beautiful Quad until to arrive to CCIS. The people working there are very smart and you learn many thing from your peers. The job gets harder when you have to submit a publication and gets easier when you just have to mark your lab reports.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2015
Mainly I do grading work under supervision of Chinese language Coordinator. I learned many things about teaching a second language.
Great colleagues and educational support
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2015
Clinical instructor for undergrad nursing students primarily based on cardiac medicine. Management research driven and approachable. co-workers helpful.
Dept. of Biological Sciences (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2015
Collaborative team environment with excellent and knowledgeable staff.The company was eager to implement a more sustainable method for product development
Very fun place to work
Teaching/ Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 16, 2015
Fun working environment. Lab coordinators make our life easier by preparing most materials for the labs. Some labs are not fun to teach though, but it totally depends on the lab coordinator.
Excellent academic traning
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2015
Gained valuable experiences in pipeline research
Cooperated very well with pipeline group members
Supervisors and lab instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful
Great place to work for
Research Technician (Contract position) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2015
Great place for people love to do the research; CO- workers are so helpful. awesome lab facility; however, it most likely offers contract position.
Pros
great working enviroment
Cons
contract position

4.4