University of Alberta

University of Alberta Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It is a good university for research.
Research Scientist (Former Employee), EdmontonJune 26, 2015
Free atmosphere for research while the publication quality is really high.

Effective administration and support team.

Good work/life balance. The library and gym are word class.
Enjoy my TA position
Graduate teaching assistant for MAT E 202 (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2015
Pros: Flexibility in teaching
We received plenty of train for being a research assistant for undergraduates. The management is flexible and I really interacting with my students and co-operating with my co-workers.
It is an awesome University anf good place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 14, 2015
The life at the University of Alberta is very pleasant. You start you day by walking through the beautiful Quad until to arrive to CCIS. The people working there are very smart and you learn many thing from your peers. The job gets harder when you have to submit a publication and gets easier when you just have to mark your lab reports.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2015
Mainly I do grading work under supervision of Chinese language Coordinator. I learned many things about teaching a second language.
Great colleagues and educational support
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2015
Clinical instructor for undergrad nursing students primarily based on cardiac medicine. Management research driven and approachable. co-workers helpful.
Dept. of Biological Sciences (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2015
Collaborative team environment with excellent and knowledgeable staff.The company was eager to implement a more sustainable method for product development
Very fun place to work
Teaching/ Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 16, 2015
Fun working environment. Lab coordinators make our life easier by preparing most materials for the labs. Some labs are not fun to teach though, but it totally depends on the lab coordinator.
Excellent academic traning
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 15, 2015
Gained valuable experiences in pipeline research
Cooperated very well with pipeline group members
Supervisors and lab instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful
Great place to work for
Research Technician (Contract position) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2015
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: contract position
Great place for people love to do the research; CO- workers are so helpful. awesome lab facility; however, it most likely offers contract position.
A peaceful and productive environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2015
During the course of my PhD., I obtained solid knowledge in chemical engineering, separation techniques, and surface analysis. Through the quarterly reporting and presentation for sponsor of my PhD project – more... (Nova Chemicals, Calgary, AB) I learnt how to meet the deadlines, set goals, achieve them and meet all the academic and industrial expectations. Finally, this industrial collaboration paved the way for me to discover the gaps and skills required for a PhD student to transition into a managerial role in the industry. – less
Great atmosphere to work and easy tasks
Library Shelving Member (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: short hours shift
*Assisting in shelving books in a timely and organized manner
*Classifying variety of books to different areas
*Keeping the tidy of books on the shelves
*Reporting the overflow of book shelves or any – more... areas need to be fixed

From this job, I have learned to organize everything in effcient way and work indepently. I am realy enjoyable to work with my co-workers, all of them are nice and fun. We hepled each other to finish the tasks, and communicate about our process of tasks. The people in the liabraries are friendly, this is the most enjoyable part of the job for me. The hardest part of the job I think is sometimes people return books in the last 15 mins, and we need to try very hard to finish them. – less
Well organized
Seasonal Assistant Facility maintenance technician (Former Employee), Edmonton albertaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: clear management expectations
Cons: hot workplaces.
Both the crew and the management worked together quite well and was very helpful in filling this position. overall a wonderful experience.
learning
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2015
Pros: learning potential
Cons: salary
Being a graduate student at university of Alberta was a whole new experience for me where you enjoy great privileges in terms of learning, professional workshops, daily activities, sports facilities and much more.
It was a great learning experience for me with access to all online databases and libraries. It greatly improved my writing, presentation and teaching skills.
Best company to work with.
Education Technology Mentor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2015
Best company to work with this organization. People are very helpful. Looking for better opportunity. Some professional development opportunities are also available.
good
student (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 4, 2015
The convenience of living directly on campus should not be underestimated. It facilitates integration attempts and enforces a more vivid community life!
Schooling
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Great School, many good courses offered among with a variety of inviting and helpful professors. Very nice campus, friendly, clean etc.
Discussing with office mate
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee), Department of Mathematics and StatisticsFebruary 9, 2015
Being a teaching assistant is a very tasking job. My first day at this work was a bit hard for me but I later get along with it as time went by.
Productive work place
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABFebruary 9, 2015
Excellent management.
I had a chance to improve my knowledge and communication skills.
Had a lot of hard working co-workers to learn from
The hardest part of the jib was long working hours, working at evenings and nights sometimes to accommodate patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends and relationships and go out for lunch
It is pleasure working at Alberta university
Faculty of Engineering (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2015
the work at university starts at 8:30 am every day
the research continue all days and so the weekend for long time.
The place of work is perfect place to work
Productive and Energetic
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 7, 2015
The work in University of Alberta is really good. You can really learn about new things from the courses you took, the people you talked to and the research project you did.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Alberta

The University of Alberta, a single, public provincial university, was chartered in 1906 in Edmonton, Alberta with a new University – Read more

University of Alberta Photos