University of Alberta Employee Review

View all University of Alberta reviews

Nice learning environment.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2013
It's more about education at this place because I am finishing my master degree here. My research group guarantees me flexible time and lots of resources to complete my work. But I have to find right people to discuss my discoveries and problems about work sometimes.
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
Relatively poor management

Other University of Alberta Employee Reviews

University atmosphere
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
Working for the University of Alberta allows you to be a part in the esteemed education our students receive. While working for the UofA, you are entitled to great benefits.
Pros
benefits, free courses
Very productive work environment and good interaction with physician and colleagues along with my supervisor
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2017
I am working in an environment with 20+ colleagues. My day consists of answering phone, doing incoming and outgoing mail, faxing from computer, good knowledge of eClinician and Healthquest, exquisite management and physician, all of my colleagues willing to lend a hand when work "piles up" and am knowledgeable of other colleagues positions, scanning into EMR. My job is extremely busy and I thrived on this and had to be exceptionally organized. My most enjoyable part of my job is the medical dictatyping.
Pros
Good health benefits; celebrating birthdays; out for lunch occasionally
Cons
Stressful