University of Alberta

University of Alberta Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits

Well organized
Seasonal Assistant Facility maintenance technician (Former Employee), Edmonton albertaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: clear management expectations
Cons: hot workplaces.
Both the crew and the management worked together quite well and was very helpful in filling this position. overall a wonderful experience.
learning
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 6, 2015
Pros: learning potential
Cons: salary
Being a graduate student at university of Alberta was a whole new experience for me where you enjoy great privileges in terms of learning, professional workshops, daily activities, sports facilities and much more.
It was a great learning experience for me with access to all online databases and libraries. It greatly improved my writing, presentation and teaching skills.
Best company to work with.
Education Technology Mentor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2015
Best company to work with this organization. People are very helpful. Looking for better opportunity. Some professional development opportunities are also available.
good
student (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 4, 2015
The convenience of living directly on campus should not be underestimated. It facilitates integration attempts and enforces a more vivid community life!
Schooling
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Great School, many good courses offered among with a variety of inviting and helpful professors. Very nice campus, friendly, clean etc.
Discussing with office mate
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee), Department of Mathematics and StatisticsFebruary 9, 2015
Being a teaching assistant is a very tasking job. My first day at this work was a bit hard for me but I later get along with it as time went by.
Productive work place
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABFebruary 9, 2015
Excellent management.
I had a chance to improve my knowledge and communication skills.
Had a lot of hard working co-workers to learn from
The hardest part of the jib was long working hours, working at evenings and nights sometimes to accommodate patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends and relationships and go out for lunch
It is pleasure working at Alberta university
Faculty of Engineering (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2015
the work at university starts at 8:30 am every day
the research continue all days and so the weekend for long time.
The place of work is perfect place to work
Productive and Energetic
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 7, 2015
The work in University of Alberta is really good. You can really learn about new things from the courses you took, the people you talked to and the research project you did.
Peoplesoft Functional Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 6, 2015
It is a very productive environment and Challenging to handle the clients ,resolving their problem by giving technical Solutions.Attending meetings ,workshops to gain more knowledge about the business process.
Management is very friendly and i am getting good opportunity to work with high knowledge peoplesoft analysts.
Hardest part of my job,well i love my job ,i never feel like something is hardest for me.every challenges make to gain more knowledge .
Gaining Knowledge is the most enjoyable part not only as a part of job but also a team member.
Productive and fun place to work with recreation facilities available
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work will be getting to work early and settling down in front of your computer analyzing data from previous days or trying to get new data.
Great working and academic environment with excellent colleagues and students
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2015
- I can always learn new knowledge and skills from my daily work
- My coworkers are extremely hard-working, helpful, and friendly.
- However, sometimes it is difficult to find experts outside the department to share experiences on specific topics
Great University
Undergraduate NSERC Research Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2015
Amazing research - top notch Chemical Engineering Program. Many grants to students
Easy work and nice payment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbJanuary 12, 2015
Just some grading and helpsession hours. Nice people. But as the budget is cutting now, the work load will be heavier.
a good place to work if you want work life balance
SUPERVISOR, FINANCE AND BUDGETS (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2015
- An 8 hour day with various duties depending on your job
- Learned how business operates in the public sector compared to the private sector
- Good team atmosphere
- Good work life balance
Good to work with students with different culture and exposure
Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ENGDecember 3, 2014
Pros: learning environment
Cons: may be stressful when you fail to rest
Good learning environment through relating and interacting with different people.
Good University
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
It;s one of the top universities of Canada and especially the Computing Science program is very good. Lots of clever people around and one gets lots of opportunities to interact and learn both inside and outside the classroom.
Nice place to work
Research Fellow (Current Employee), Edmonton, CanadaOctober 17, 2014
The Institute for Geophysical Research is in the North campus.
- It is a large campus.
- Close to the beautiful River Valley.
- Great access to biking and running.
- Nice place to work.
More stagnation than growth for me.
COMPUTER PROGRAMMER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits.
Cons: lack of mentoring.
After studying for three years at university and two years at a technical college, I was fortunate to get work as a computer programmer at the U. of A. from 1979 to 1982. I failed to grow very much in this job, because of my limited talents and the lack of mentoring. During the last year or two, an enhanced new suite of software was being developed by an independent contractor. I felt overwhelmed as I puttered away on the more rudimentary facets of the current system for our process-control application. When I quit the job in order to emigrate to Britain, I knew that I would have to get more education (perhaps in an application area such as insurance) before taking on another job in computer programming.
Suitable environment for learning and gaining experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, AB, CanadaSeptember 29, 2014
I like my experience of working at U of A, because it is a place the people around you are dedicated to educate and help other people to learn and gain experience. My supervisor help me a lot to find myself in a new work environment, to flourish my talents and capabilities.
I learned a lot about different pipeline installation methods, the construction process and laws in Canada, and the differences between scheduling and project coordination in Canada and my previous experience back home.
The hardest part of my job is to keep up-to-date, due to rapid progress of related technologies in our major. And the most enjoyable part is the fact that if you're willing enough, everyday you can learn something new in your major.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Alberta

The University of Alberta, a single, public provincial university, was chartered in 1906 in Edmonton, Alberta with a new University – Read more

University of Alberta Photos