University of Alberta Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great workplace
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2017
I enjoy working for the U of A. It's a great place to work with the typical public sector overhead (meetings, etc.). Overall, I can only recommend people working here.
Bueno
Research assistant, University of Alberta, Canada (Former Employee) –  Alberta16 September 2017
Excelente ambiente de trabajo, gran oportunidad de desarrollo profesional
Excellent company to work for
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Dixonville, AB5 September 2017
Great place to work enjoyed the clients and location. Seasonal work though and only opens if there is enough student enrolment. Was sad they didn't have enough students this past year.
Pros
Great wages great atmosphere
Cons
seasonal work
One of best universitities
PhD Researcher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2017
Management and Salary structures for a graduate students are excellent but collaboration between professors need an improvement. The working environment greatly depends on your supervisor, and my supervisor was great in this sense who had provided me a personal space and timely guidance.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
I learned a lot in my time as a research student. I aided in research but was also given the opportunity to work on a side project to do as an independent study. It was a great learning experience.
Delivery Driver
Driver in Distributions Department (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2017
I was a delivery driver for U of A. Very busy, high paced job. Good hours, great benefits. Got much more familiar with that area of the city since I was delivering to a number of areas.
satisfactory overall
Medical Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2017
Long work hours and constantly increasing job description. These both make it difficult to take advantage of additional training courses available during regular office hours. Fairly good support system from peers, but not from management. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long hours and continuously growing job description
Good Place
Student Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2017
It is a good place to work. The pay is average. They do not work you to the bone. You can get help if you need it. You get a pat on the back if you do a good job.
Energy System Modelling and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2017
It is good overall to work at the University of Alberta. Starting my work at 9am and call it a day at 6pm. Nice workplace under great supervision. I leart a lot in this University.
Review
Year Two Administrator, Curriculum (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
University of Alberta has good comprehensive benefits. The union is very supportive as well. Hours can be from 0730-1500 or 0800-1600h. They will support the hours as long as it does not affect the work. There are certain long hours during the school year.
Pros
Benefits are good
work environment at UofA
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
I enjoyed working with University of Alberta. It is a Friendly and fun atmosphere to work. They respected my work and treated me fairly. The leadership team is great
Pros
they pay well
Cons
long hrs only during fiscal year end
it was good
Psychology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
good, vert flexible but that was due to my positiotion rather than the company. it also went hand in hand with my major which is how i got involved in the first place.
Enjoyable and professional work environment.
ESL and mathematics instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2017
Very flexible in terms of how job duties are handled. Any questions and?or concerns were addressed immediately. The opportunity to meet a wide variety of people.
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 June 2017
It was a great experience. I have thorough skills about Reliability and Maintenance engineering. It was a great learning experience. I look forward to work in same field.
Amazing Undergraduate School
Primary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2017
The department of Anthropology is a great place for undergraduate students. So many great instructors and TA's to help the undergraduate students learn.
Cool
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2017
There is a reason this institution ranks in top 100 universities of the world. I have a good experience getting my MSc. from it since it had a very dynamic and vibrant environment.
An excellent institution
Summer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
The atmosphere is welcoming, the campus is beautiful, and the work was laid back, yet challenging, requiring skills I previously learned while establishing and building upon new ones.
Pros
A great place to get an education and work
Exciting and Challenging wokrplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2017
I spent the first few months reviewing scientific papers and learbing about the research I was becoming a part of. I then learned how to run the various experiments and how to analyze the data taken. The environment is very relaxed, and I had good access to my supervisor. I mostly worked alone, but my coworkers were very friendly and eager to help me out if needed. I really enjoyed all the learning I got to do on the job, and getting to know my co-workers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Difficult learning curve at the beginning
Fun place to volunteer with friends and meet up with new people
Special Event Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2017
Volunteer supervisor is super nice and great at managing people. University of Alberta is an open-minded place with lots of people with similar minds.
Enjoyable but not consistent.
Climbing Wall Instructor (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB23 May 2017
Didn't get very many hours and pay wasn't on a schedule. The people and environment was good and I made friends but it's not a job that you can sustain yourself with.
Pros
couch
Cons
little hours