University of Alberta Employee Review

View all University of Alberta reviews

A Place for state of the art Education and Multi-cultural experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2013
I work as Research assistant in a Geophysics group. Coming around 10 am staying all day doing experiments in the lab, have nice time in lunch with my co-workers who are my friends too. Experimental geophysicist is not so easy, you need to have clear idea before starting a job, face several obstruction (mechanical failure, miscalculation), waiting for the run to finish but at last I feel refresh when finish my job with the helping hand of the members of the team. The challenging projects build up innovation, creativity and determination inside me as well as create the ability to work in a team. Analytical problem solving and service-oriented perspective, self-starting quality flourished through this kind of work. Every Friday evening I play badminton in the club, and also do some flag-football occasionally that refresh me for the next day.
Pros
Lots of free food seminars, State-of-art education
Cons
Severe Winter

Other University of Alberta Employee Reviews

Great employer
Project Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
The U of A is a great place to work. The benefits are excellent. The pay is not bad but could use some improvement based on the cost of living. I would recommend others to work for them.
Good place to work, less pay, flexible timing
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2017
Good work-life balance. Set targets and defined projects. Great place to learn. Micromanagement by group leaders can cause unnecessary stress.Overall, a great place.
Pros
group discussions
Cons
micromanagement