University of Alberta Employee Reviews

Loved training for the camp
Camp Youth Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2018
Had fun getting trained on how to work with the kids. We got lots of training on the life skills the facilitators taught the kids. We got first aid and aquatic first aid for the kids for more security when we were with them.
Situational experience as a Graduate student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2018
The experience as a graduate student highly varies depending on several factors such as (but nos exclusive):
1) Supervisor
2) Nature of project
3) Personal situation

The supervisor and the nature of the project can possibly hinder the experience, or boost it. The supervisor-student relationship varies completely depending on the professor, and cannot be described firmly. The nature of the project influences not only on the complexity of the work, but on the funding availability, facilities available, and other material needs. The personal situation is as the name describes, a personal factor.
Pros
Can be flexible, good atmosphere among peers
Cons
Can be tedious, low income, low accountability held against supervisors
interseting
Mailroom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
The cast of characters was an interesting mix.
The University prides themselves on equal employment so I got to meet some very wonderful people that came from all walks of life.
That was one of the definite perks to my job.
Pros
full time with benifits
Great place to work; lots of experience
Department Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
The UofA is a great place to work with lots of opportunity to grow and gain lots of experience. The diverse culture and people make it a fun environment to work.
Great place to work and surrounded by great people
Undergraduate Researcher and Geological Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2018
Every day was fun and I looked forward to the research and learning something new. Being a student and working here made it easy because the schedule was very open and I was here most days anyway
Working
Medical Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
I love this place best place ever. I have an awesome experience working here. Great environment. Everyone should have a great employer like this. Would recommend to everyone.
Amazing place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2018
It is a friendly environment and has amazing co-worker. I helped the people who suffered from wild-fire in Canada and communicate with them and encourage them to move on.
Productive place to work with good social events
Research Programmer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2018
A chill atmosphere with a safe and productive work environment. I worked on a specific project with a tight deadline which meant meeting with a client every week to go over what had left to be done and what could not be accomplished.
very good experience
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2018
The university was very friendly towards postdoc fellows. The atmosphere was very good for innovation. The professor gave me independence to come up with new ideas and was very supportive during the development of those ideas.
Enjoyable
Tour Guide Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 December 2017
I liked working at the gardens but really confirm your calendar for the summer before you arrive. You will be held to the schedule. There was a good community here though.
Pros
Outside, work with people.
Cons
temporary.

Want to know more about University of Alberta?

Ask a question
Really nice work place
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB15 December 2017
Just work when there are exams. Nice people you work with. Work is not very hard. Have to sit for a long time sometimes. Every day is different. Very nice
Great employer
Project Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
The U of A is a great place to work. The benefits are excellent. The pay is not bad but could use some improvement based on the cost of living. I would recommend others to work for them.
Good place to work, less pay, flexible timing
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2017
Good work-life balance. Set targets and defined projects. Great place to learn. Micromanagement by group leaders can cause unnecessary stress.Overall, a great place.
Pros
group discussions
Cons
micromanagement
Nordamerikanische Universität
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Alberta27 November 2017
Die University of Alberta in Edmonton ist eine typische nordamerikanische Universität.
Pros
viele Fachvorträge
Cons
keine Mensa oder ähnliche Einrichtungen
University atmosphere
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
Working for the University of Alberta allows you to be a part in the esteemed education our students receive. While working for the UofA, you are entitled to great benefits.
Pros
benefits, free courses
Very productive work environment and good interaction with physician and colleagues along with my supervisor
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2017
I am working in an environment with 20+ colleagues. My day consists of answering phone, doing incoming and outgoing mail, faxing from computer, good knowledge of eClinician and Healthquest, exquisite management and physician, all of my colleagues willing to lend a hand when work "piles up" and am knowledgeable of other colleagues positions, scanning into EMR. My job is extremely busy and I thrived on this and had to be exceptionally organized. My most enjoyable part of my job is the medical dictatyping.
Pros
Good health benefits; celebrating birthdays; out for lunch occasionally
Cons
Stressful
Research Intern
Technology Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2017
I had a good internship at UofA. I learned a lot and got great guidance from my adviser. edmonton is a beautiful city in the Summers. Definitely recommended.
Locksmith Apprenticeship[
Apprentice Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2017
I spent nine months working with an amazing staff. Anyone who has worked for the University of Alberta knows all of the office staff in GSB is very friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Amazing Staff
great environment
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2017
Working at the U of A was a awesome experience. help was right around the corner if needed it, everybody worked together to make a great final project.
Great place for study and research
Teaching and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2017
Great and nice professors;
Friendly students;
Rich resources for study and research;
Consistent workshops for the developments of staffs in the groups;