University Health Network

University Health Network Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Operations Work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto,March 3, 2013
 Ensure all regular scheduled operations support tasks and functions are carried out effectively and efficiently for all users of Production and Development Systems.
 Ensure all supported systems are operating within normal parameters, being monitored appropriately, and preventative action is taken according to defined operational strategies, procedures – more... and policies.
 Manage/maintain daily, Weekly, Monthly and yearly backup.
 Co-ordinate between vendor/users and support to finalize the schedule.
 Provide an excellent level of customer support for service requests, job requests, to ensure on-site support, quality assurance and resolve problems.
 Maintain records of jobs, equipment malfunctions and other issues and initiate action within assigned authority to resolve issues and minimize system downtime.
 Create and maintain all operation documentations, procedures, and schedules to ensure the accurate execution of all scheduled and requested batch jobs
 Implement and maintain the operating and production process environment to ensure that service levels are maintained, and all operational issues are tracked and resolved efficiently.
 Process jobs through completion according to assigned schedules to ensure that all jobs scheduled for a particular time frame are accurately executed.
 Monitor all servers according to specifications, troubleshooting alerts and escalating to support as required when hardware/software failure demands immediate action.
 Involved in various projects concerning collection and submission of operational requirements including backup tapes and hardware inventory.
 Run and monitor batch and print processing; printing and distribution of reports.
 Performed IPL and shutdown for systems and network servers as per schedule. – less

March 19, 2013

An institution that rewards positive results, hard work, loyalty and enhancement of skills and knowledge

Not a good place to work overall, especially if you are a nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Toronto General/WesternFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: a teaching hospital
Cons: work environment is very unpleasant
If you are a nurse, be prepared to deal with a lot of stress. My manager is terrible to say the least. The advanced practice nurses apparently report to directors who are not nurses and have no clue what nurses do. There is also a lot of bullying going on and management tries hard to sweep it under the rug. I have seen a lot of good people leave this – more... place because they were not valued or treated properly. – less
enjoing working with defferent peolpe
volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Cons: long hours
I learned to communicate with others and a co- workers as well,the hardest part of the job is when dealing with the costumer with bahaviors problems but i still handle it, the most enjoyable in my job is to serve our costumers with friendly and with respect same thing with my co workers.
Prefer to focus time and energy on research, including grant applications and paper publications
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many tasks
In UHN, working benefits are excellent.

My working tasks are multiple, including collecting original research data, doing statistic analyses, organizing clinical trials, writing papers and research protocols. Recently, I have spent more and more time to help seeing clinic patients. Instructing students is also part of my job.

I hope in my new job, – more... I will spend more time and energy on designing grant applications and organizing research papers. – less

June 7, 2013

I am sure this company is looking for employees but publicity. People are seriously looking for and stop wasting their time.

Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many tasks
In UHN, working benefits are excellent.

Barbecues
Environmental Aide (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2012
Pros: very good pay
Cons: hard to get in
The most in enjoyably was seeing smiles on patients face when they where feeling better. The hardest was see patients in pain
Supportive staff members and healthy work environment
Biomedical Engineering Technologist Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
I worked as a coop intern for the UHN. I thoroughly enjoyed this experience and was overwhelmed with the support I received from the staff and supervisors.
Good workplace
Patient Care Assistant (on-call) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: enhancement of skills and knowledge
Cons: long hours
x
Lab Manager (Research Technician IV) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: good work environment
Cons: some benefits could be better
I enjoy working at this company but would like to explore other opportunities.
Needs more inprovement in managing skills
Communications Operator (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 19, 2012
Overall the hospital is a great hospital but there is still a lot to be fixed with in the departments
Very exciting leading cardiac surgery department.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2012
Pros: wonderful managment.
Cons: long night shifts.
Great hospital experience. Learned valuable time managment skills and wonderful colleagues.
Ready to hang your self
manager (Former Employee), TGHJuly 17, 2012
Pros: women and gay firendly specially making promotion.
Cons: bad/real bad management
Bad/real bad management. bunch of rookies. I believe that they were very generous promoting gay and women. was hired as a manager myself but it felt like I was playing house. they were throwing dice with personals careers. left very quickly.
Excellent place to work.
Senior Clerk Typist / Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
With a few years experience working within a hospital setting, I developed an extensive amount of work experience within a large medical setting. I have previous work experinece for a few departments. I first started working at The Toronto General Hospital in 1998, Then I ended up working Full time at Toronto Western Hospital until 2004. I loved working – more... for University Health Network. An excellent place to work. – less
Not fun
Research Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2012
Pros: developed experience in in-vivo, database design, behavioural analysis and pharmaceutical drug testing.
Cons: very poor management.
A typical day included in-vivo testing of drug formulations used to prevent or reduce the onset of Parkinson's Disease or symptoms produced from the use of levodopa.

Unfortunately the PI for this position was not very well involved with the technicians on hand. It was not clear the direction to which the research was heading.

The senior scientists – more... lacked any management expertise which left for an uncomfortable work environment.

UHN has a two year maximum for contract positions leading to a high turnover of staff to reduce potential costs that would be incurred by a full time permanent worker. While I do not fault UHN for the hiring practices, they do not provide any protection or ability for growth for their contract employees. – less

About University Health Network

The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career. Join a leader in patient care, research and education. Each one a leader. – Read more