University Health Network

University Health Network Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good employer, few opportunities for advancement
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: Good benefits, good location (downtown Toronto)
Cons: Few opportunities to advance beyond admin assistant level
Healthcare is a difficult world to advance in because the academic qualifications for advancement from administrative to policy-related work are very steep. If you like people, I recommend a clinical setting for administrative work (ie appointment scheduler) over general administration, which can be tedious and very dull.
A great place to work
Research Support - Volunteer position (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I feel fortunate to work in the largest research and teaching institution, collaborating with top researchers and clinicians. I have received support from the staff and management. I have develop skills and gained experience. I have excellent co-workers.
Job security is not good because research depends on funding.
Great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Processed reports, dealt with phone calls from clients, referral source, and family physicians

I learned how to deal with strict timelines

Worked closely with clinical staff ie, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and multiple disciplines of physicians

Most of the management team was great to work with

My co-workers for the most part were great

Hardest part of the job was learning to deal with the strict timelines

The most enjoyable part of my job was being thanked by clients for helping them
Exciting and challenging work environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), KuwaitAugust 24, 2015
Dynamic work environment requiring flexibility and adaptability. Great team culture. Working with different cultures is a way to learn how to be flexible and patient. A great learning opportunity about healthcare, project management and time management.
Great Experience
Project Analyst (Former Employee), torontoOctober 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
You develop skills and get a lot of experience.
Politics are very soft and no difficulties in resolving any issues.
Not a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMay 20, 2016
Pros: Met some good people
Cons: low pay, dishonest people in leadership roles, bullying.
- Policies are not followed by management but management is not held accountable or reprimanded for breaches in policy
- Abuse of staff who are too afraid to say anything
- If you don't like being bullied look somewhere else to work
- speak up and everything will get twisted and you will be targeted
A place to work with full job satisfaction
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2016
Pros: Flexible Work Environment
Sussex Dialysis Center (UHN) is a large and professional self-care dialysis center with a busy and fun filled environment where nurses and technicians work together for delivering utmost patient care.
The Healthcare Giant
Manager, Facilities (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Pros: Exposure
Cons: Weak HR Support
Such a huge organization, it is easy to feel insignificant. My Director was amazing as well as my VP. The management teams are super smart and very approachable. HR has demonstrated their lack of grit.
Summary
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I started volunteering with UHN in Toronto, Ontario, Canada since November 2015. I decided to volunteer as I recently graduated from Medical school and looking to avail my time until residency starts. I help provide cardiac support and also, volunteer recruiting patients for an ongoing cardiac research study in Toronto General Hospital. Everyone is very pleasant.
Productive and supportive work environment with opportunities to grow
Human Resources Intern and Volunteer (Part-time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
Full-cycle recruitment for Volunteer Resources, delivered bi-monthly training, coordination between two hospitals.
Great place
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
It is a great place to get your foot in the door. A lot of young people at UHN. Fun- fast paced environment especially for new graduates.
Good workplace
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
Good working conditions
Fast pace evironment
received a lot of experience
good management
very versatile
enjoyable work
the heart of scientific community
Independent workplace
Research Analyst I (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2015
Great workplace with lots of benefits and events. Management depends on what project you are working on. That said, there's no ladder to climb, you have to create your own ladder and negotiate what you are worth.
Uhn
RN (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2015
I am currently working there and seeking new opportunities.
In the acute care hospital setting I've learned to stay calm and work on my feet as it can become very busy. Despite the fast paced environment, I've continued to practice safe client centered care based on hospital protocols and CNO standards.
Overall a good place and company to work for.
Food Service Supervisor, Nutritional Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2013
Pros: there was free time to complete other work, and always got my lunch and other breaks.
Cons: sometimes long hours and being a workaholic i strive and overwork.
It is a stable job and the benefits are excellent. I worked with them for about 17 years.

I supervised about 10 to 15 unionised employees at a given time and I enjoy working with people.

The management were good and helpfull.

When staff report sick and replacement was difficult. Unionised workforce and caution was always required because one does not want to regularly deal with union issues, because it will effect productivity.

The challenge to put out the food on time and to constantly look for ways to work smarter productivity increases inspite of this being a union workforce.
I always forward to working with my members and staff.
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), 585 University Ave, Toronto, ON.October 19, 2015
Pros: Helping health care proffesionals who give so much of them selves helping others.
Cons: Not enough hours at present.
I do enjoy working for Uhn, however, I am a contract worker. That said, they can only provide a certain amount of hours do to budget constraints. As the wellness program grows I am confident that more work will arise too.
Company overall is good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2015
Overall, it is a good company. However, the fusion of phones and paperwork collide and there is no full-time position available (i.e. 9-5, 8-4) without weekends.
always feel comfortable to express any views on anything regarding job and workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2015
- the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have helped someone (the patients).
- I have always felt I was a good fit at UHN because everyone I have met definitely seems to be there for the patients
Busy work environment within a busy city.
Facilities Manager/Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great organization
Cons: The cost of living in Toronto
The organization is quite respectable and the work is a busy work environment. The biggest challenge is the cost of living in or near Toronto. The job doesn't pay what one might expect working in Toronto. The salary is comparable to areas such as Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara where the cost of living is quite affordable. The only option is to commute where this option take both time and money to do.The job is great. The location is the challenge.
Challenging and rewarding work environment.
Nuclear Technologist, Cardiology (Former Employee), TorontoMay 13, 2015
Pros: Learrning opportunities and cutting edge technology.
Cons: inconsistencies when patients arrived very late, early or on wrong day
Dealing with challenging cardiac patients there were a lot of learning opportunities. UHN allowed for professional development and provided an excellent environment to learn new diagnostic procedures for example CT and calcium scoring. Worked with cooperative,fun and professional staff . I learned to prioritize and organize in a very busy environment as well as attain excellent communication skills.
Headquarters