University Health Network

University Health Network Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work however career advancement non existant
Security Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2014
Been there for some time now. The pay rate and benefits are unmatched, however if you are looking for somewhere that encourages and has positions available for personal growth, the size of the department doesn't allow for it. Both the supervisors and Manager have been there for over 15 years and it doesn't look like they are going anywhere soon.
Never a dull moment
Anesthersia OR - RT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2014
Pros: great place to learn
Cons: high stress
Working in anesthesia was a new experience. There was so much to learn and everyone was very helpful.
Engaging and productive field placement
COLLEGE PLACEMENT - MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE STUDENT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2014
Excellent place to gain new skills and meet wonderful people. I enjoyed my time at the University Health Network.
Great place
Clinical Fellow, Adult Renal Transplant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 19, 2014
Pros: good place to learn transplant.
Cons: nil
I was responsible to take decisions for renal transplant patients, which helped me develop as a Transplant Physician. I was handling both the inpatients as well as out patients.
This is a tertiary center, where there are lot of patients referred for transplant problems.
I used t be 1st on call for the Multi-Organ Transplant Program which also gave a – more... fair exposure to patients with heart, lung, liver, pancreas transplant.
I also did Kidney -Pancreas transplant out patient clinics.
In my fellowship, we managemed, double renal transplant, highly sensitized patients (with desensitization protocols), ABO incompatible transplant, combined Liver- Kidney transplant patients. – less
Nice Environment
Client Services Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Hardworking teams at both floor and management levels. Structured hours and great benefits.
Integrated Clinical System
Clinical Support- Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
The Clinical system at the fracture clinic is a well organized system oriented for patient/doctor relationship. The job requires one to interact in a fast paced environment with the ability to quickly act upon patient requests. This clinic is an up to date system with electronic components to meet up with current day technology and is well implemented. – more... Customer service skills are essential as problems arise in the clinic and the ability to respond in a kind and friendly way is a must when being under pressure. It is a fun environment to work in as the co-workers are always ready to help and make working enjoyable. – less
Great work environment, amazing staff (very knowledgeable and helpful)
Volunteer at Surgical Waiting room (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Working at the surgical waiting room has shown me the some of the greatest things about the Canadian healthcare system. Everything from the competency of the health care providers (such as nurses and doctors) to how helpful and involved the management are makes me proud to be a part of the organization.
a good place to work to, with decent paid
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Doing balance sheet account reconciliation
Taking care of Account recoverable and account payable invoice
Making entries in SAP for assigned cost center
Working on some part of headcount report
Monthly end activities and scorecards reporting
Monthly end journal entries for accrual reconciling
New Perspectives on Healthcare
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Felt like I was making a difference to help people throughout their day as well as provide assistance to a key field in hospital clinics.
Productive and excellent place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good benefits, competitive salary
Cons: long hours
Job responsibilities are repetitive. Plenty of paperworks to deal with. Have to be an excellent multitasker to work here.

The most enjoyable part is you get to know and meet people from a different background.
Too slow-paced
Volunteer of Toronto Western Hospital- Toronto (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Very slow paced, not enough urgency, work environment lacked daily goals.
A Large Organization
Research Technician II (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2013
Working environment is lab dependent, because each lab is running by individual Principal Investigator. Overall, I found it is comfortable working in UHN, because there are rules that protecting employee.
Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
However, the job security is not so good because research labs are depending on funding.
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2013
Great place to work! Great environment to grow as a professional, inspirational people all around!
horrible placeto work for.
administrative assistant (Former Employee), tghMay 8, 2013
Workin For this company will suck your life away. if you voice your opinion, they will look at you as a target. the manager will look the other way. The coordinator and the nurses bully you if you are an Assistant. if you think of telling the HR department, they promise to protect you and safe job. But you will end up fired.
Overall a good place and company to work for.
Food Service Supervisor, Nutritional Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2013
Pros: there was free time to complete other work, and always got my lunch and other breaks.
Cons: sometimes long hours and being a workaholic i strive and overwork.
It is a stable job and the benefits are excellent. I worked with them for about 17 years.

I supervised about 10 to 15 unionised employees at a given time and I enjoy working with people.

The management were good and helpfull.

When staff report sick and replacement was difficult. Unionised workforce and caution was always required because one does – more... not want to regularly deal with union issues, because it will effect productivity.

The challenge to put out the food on time and to constantly look for ways to work smarter productivity increases inspite of this being a union workforce. – less
Operations Work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto,March 3, 2013
 Ensure all regular scheduled operations support tasks and functions are carried out effectively and efficiently for all users of Production and Development Systems.
 Ensure all supported systems are operating within normal parameters, being monitored appropriately, and preventative action is taken according to defined operational strategies, procedures – more... and policies.
 Manage/maintain daily, Weekly, Monthly and yearly backup.
 Co-ordinate between vendor/users and support to finalize the schedule.
 Provide an excellent level of customer support for service requests, job requests, to ensure on-site support, quality assurance and resolve problems.
 Maintain records of jobs, equipment malfunctions and other issues and initiate action within assigned authority to resolve issues and minimize system downtime.
 Create and maintain all operation documentations, procedures, and schedules to ensure the accurate execution of all scheduled and requested batch jobs
 Implement and maintain the operating and production process environment to ensure that service levels are maintained, and all operational issues are tracked and resolved efficiently.
 Process jobs through completion according to assigned schedules to ensure that all jobs scheduled for a particular time frame are accurately executed.
 Monitor all servers according to specifications, troubleshooting alerts and escalating to support as required when hardware/software failure demands immediate action.
 Involved in various projects concerning collection and submission of operational requirements including backup tapes and hardware inventory.
 Run and monitor batch and print processing; printing and distribution of reports.
 Performed IPL and shutdown for systems and network servers as per schedule. – less

– March 19, 2013

An institution that rewards positive results, hard work, loyalty and enhancement of skills and knowledge

Not a good place to work overall, especially if you are a nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Toronto General/WesternFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: a teaching hospital
Cons: work environment is very unpleasant
If you are a nurse, be prepared to deal with a lot of stress. My manager is terrible to say the least. The advanced practice nurses apparently report to directors who are not nurses and have no clue what nurses do. There is also a lot of bullying going on and management tries hard to sweep it under the rug. I have seen a lot of good people leave this – more... place because they were not valued or treated properly. – less
enjoing working with defferent peolpe
volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Cons: long hours
I learned to communicate with others and a co- workers as well,the hardest part of the job is when dealing with the costumer with bahaviors problems but i still handle it, the most enjoyable in my job is to serve our costumers with friendly and with respect same thing with my co workers.
Prefer to focus time and energy on research, including grant applications and paper publications
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many tasks
In UHN, working benefits are excellent.

My working tasks are multiple, including collecting original research data, doing statistic analyses, organizing clinical trials, writing papers and research protocols. Recently, I have spent more and more time to help seeing clinic patients. Instructing students is also part of my job.

I hope in my new job, – more... I will spend more time and energy on designing grant applications and organizing research papers. – less

Kwame – June 7, 2013

I am sure this company is looking for employees but publicity. People are seriously looking for and stop wasting their time.

Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too many tasks
In UHN, working benefits are excellent.

About University Health Network

The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career. Join a leader in patient care, research and education. Each one a leader. – Read more