University Health Network

University Health Network Employee Reviews

Provides good opportunities for growth
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2016
UHN is great training ground to get to know the non-for-profit industry. There are many opportunities to move around internally; this is fully supported by the senior management team to allow the development of expertise in different areas within the organization.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
Frequent wage freeze
The organization is motivated by revenue generating
Manager, Education Technology and Media Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
However, the non-profit organization can not be motivated by revenue generated, unless is a business oriented. It is a great company to work for, but not with the current management style: work more hours with no extra pay - no work-home balance.
Not a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 20, 2016
- Policies are not followed by management but management is not held accountable or reprimanded for breaches in policy
- Abuse of staff who are too afraid to say anything
- If you don't like being bullied look somewhere else to work
- speak up and everything will get twisted and you will be targeted
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
low pay, dishonest people in leadership roles, bullying.
good workplace that provides occasional free body massage
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
UHN promotes self directed learning true tuition reimbursement. there is good team work. it is a workplace that shows concerns for staff work and life balance
Pros
Tuition subsidies
Cons
Work load increasing
A place to work with full job satisfaction
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 18, 2016
Sussex Dialysis Center (UHN) is a large and professional self-care dialysis center with a busy and fun filled environment where nurses and technicians work together for delivering utmost patient care.
Pros
Flexible Work Environment
Grerat place to work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
good people, dedicated management, high stress. Very fast pace and rewarding work.
Working in Healthcare provides a chance to contribute to a greater good.
Pros
continous learning
Cons
high stress
good place for students
Patient Observer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2016
enjoyed my time there as a paid student nurse. offer patient observing for second years! learned a lot and met amazing people! recommend this job to nursing students
Excellent Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2016
Through training and education for a new grad. Management were supportive and responsive to issues brought forth. The care provided at this company is competent and kind.
The Healthcare Giant
Manager, Facilities (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Such a huge organization, it is easy to feel insignificant. My Director was amazing as well as my VP. The management teams are super smart and very approachable. HR has demonstrated their lack of grit.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Weak HR Support
Fun volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  University AvenueAugust 29, 2016
I enjoy volunteering in Toronto Rehab as a Unit Support volunteer meeting new patients, talking about there interests and bringing smile on their face.
Great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Processed reports, dealt with phone calls from clients, referral source, and family physicians

I learned how to deal with strict timelines

Worked closely with clinical staff ie, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and multiple disciplines of physicians

Most of the management team was great to work with

My co-workers for the most part were great

Hardest part of the job was learning to deal with the strict timelines

The most enjoyable part of my job was being thanked by clients for helping them
Productive and supportive work environment with opportunities to grow
Human Resources Intern and Volunteer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
Full-cycle recruitment for Volunteer Resources, delivered bi-monthly training, coordination between two hospitals.
Good employer, few opportunities for advancement
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Healthcare is a difficult world to advance in because the academic qualifications for advancement from administrative to policy-related work are very steep. If you like people, I recommend a clinical setting for administrative work (ie appointment scheduler) over general administration, which can be tedious and very dull.
Pros
Good benefits, good location (downtown Toronto)
Cons
Few opportunities to advance beyond admin assistant level
Summary
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I started volunteering with UHN in Toronto, Ontario, Canada since November 2015. I decided to volunteer as I recently graduated from Medical school and looking to avail my time until residency starts. I help provide cardiac support and also, volunteer recruiting patients for an ongoing cardiac research study in Toronto General Hospital. Everyone is very pleasant.
A great place to work
Research Support - Volunteer position (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I feel fortunate to work in the largest research and teaching institution, collaborating with top researchers and clinicians. I have received support from the staff and management. I have develop skills and gained experience. I have excellent co-workers.
Job security is not good because research depends on funding.
Great place
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
It is a great place to get your foot in the door. A lot of young people at UHN. Fun- fast paced environment especially for new graduates.
Uhn
RN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2015
I am currently working there and seeking new opportunities.
In the acute care hospital setting I've learned to stay calm and work on my feet as it can become very busy. Despite the fast paced environment, I've continued to practice safe client centered care based on hospital protocols and CNO standards.
I always forward to working with my members and staff.
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  585 University Ave, Toronto, ON.October 19, 2015
I do enjoy working for Uhn, however, I am a contract worker. That said, they can only provide a certain amount of hours do to budget constraints. As the wellness program grows I am confident that more work will arise too.
Pros
Helping health care proffesionals who give so much of them selves helping others.
Cons
Not enough hours at present.
always feel comfortable to express any views on anything regarding job and workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2015
- the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have helped someone (the patients).
- I have always felt I was a good fit at UHN because everyone I have met definitely seems to be there for the patients
Company overall is good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2015
Overall, it is a good company. However, the fusion of phones and paperwork collide and there is no full-time position available (i.e. 9-5, 8-4) without weekends.

University Health Network Reviews by Location