University Health Network Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
MULTI-ORGAN TRANSPLANT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
I started my career at UH n and have had so much personal and professional growth. This hospital is amazing for ongoing education and teaching and I am so proud to have been able to learn so much during these 10 years here.
Great company in every aspect for its employees and clients and maintaining Canadian values of respect, dignity and equality.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  MSN ICU TWH26 October 2017
UHN is a great company with more than 18K multicultural employees and with great work ethics to allow employees work in proper team oriented climate to achieve patient centered care and in the mean time caring for the professional development, health safety and education of employees.
Pros
Respectful and motivating administration.
Cons
Not much
Productive , always rushed , push more and more work on employees then they can handle
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Not all departments are the way my department is . Ive been with UHN almost 2 years and seen improvements to their cost and spending , but NO improvement to the way employees are treated , and the work expected just keeps shooting up. It is an unfair and unbalanced amount of hours divided between part time employees, and all staff feels as if we have NO voice .
Productive and Fun work place
Medical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
A lot of research is going on in TRI and it was exciting to be part of it. The work environment is relaxing but it also fosters to productivity and creativity.
Great research institution with talented employees
Research Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
UHN is a great place to work. The management is organized and friendly and they really care about their employees, and the culture is relaxed but hardworking.
bullying goes unchecked
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Great place to work until you get bullied. Then there is NO support. Management jumps on board with the bullies and makes you look crazy. Any policies about workplace harassment are ignored. If you are a target, you might as well go away and get yourself healthy. They will NOT help the target and support the bullies by joining in the behaviour.
Cons
complete disregard for harassment policies
N/a
Clinical Observer & Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
Interesting research completed at one of the world's top hospitals and affiliated institutions. Opportunity to get published alongside some of the most brilliant university students, scientists, and physicians.
Great Atmosphere
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
I was a lab assistant for one of their PI's. The labs are state of the art, although it may vary among other labs. The people I worked with are open and friendly, and overall it was a great experience!
Good place to work if you don't work shift work
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
Lots of programs for work life balance and wellness, good food court, clean and convenient to get to. Many employee discounts available. Always felt secure on site when on shifts.
Good work life balance
Scientific Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2017
Good place to work for scientific research, has good work-life balance, but not much in terms of career progression or promotions. The benefits are good.

Want to know more about University Health Network?

Ask a question
Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
I very much enjoy working here, daily. There is good team environment with managerial support. I find I am constant learning and bettering my practice - though this is usually self guided.
Fun and great people to work with
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
Great and awesome people I work for and support. The team that I am on is exceptional and easy going. I learn something new everyday and I am up for challenges any time.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
UHN is a great positive environment to work in. It provides and a great attitude towards in employees. I would recommend this employer to anyone looking for great environment.
Fun place to work
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
Very different work environment. Teaches us how to be professional, how to handle different situations, how to be patient oriented, how to efficiently manage and juggle multiple tasks.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Different people with different opinions
Average place to work for
Ex Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Management and leadership is very politically professional. The more you work, the more responsibilities are imposed with not pay raise or recognition also some managers will take all the credit of your hard work. If they like you continue to stay on-board if not, you will be harassed till one resign. HR is only to help out the Managers. Policies are compromised for the higher ups.

Work load is tremendous and expectations with multitasking, attention to details from assistants is top priority. One can easily get stressed and burn out.
Pros
Good benefits but they don't match up to other companies out there
Cons
No time for lunch and time be wasted over unnecessary meetings and minute taking.
Wonderful Scientific Minds
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
Loved going to work daily. Great group of people that were incredibly talented. Supportive company culture and great room for advancement. Would recommend highly.
Depends on the contract
Research technical assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
I love working at UHN, people are friendly and helpful. I feel like i am part of a team. Everybody does their job very well.
A typical day at work starts with an early morning experiment, cleaning and organizing my bench followed by answering emails or writing up protocols.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No Windows, No Benefits
Productive and teamwork oriented
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Typically schedules are 12 hours, can get busy with little support depending on the unit you work for. Management is different in different departments and can be described by personal opinions on an individual basis. The workplace culture I worked for worked best in a teamwork type of fashion which help clients in an efficient manner. The more enjoyable part of the job include the colleagues you work with, all are very supportive. The hardest part of the job is workload.
General Help
General Help (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
Typical day of work was to maintain inventory and data entry via a computerized coding system.

Colleagues and Management were easy to get along with.
Pros
Hospital setting
No support from management for job opportuntities.
Account Receivable Department (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Would like to be in a more fair & professional environment. Employees are promoted by who they know & not what they know. There's no support from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

University Health Network Reviews by Location