University First Class Painters Employee Reviews

Well rounded experience
Franchise Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
I am in my first summer of working with UFCP, and have found the workplace culture to be top notch. The mentorship available to a franchise manager allows for the opportunity to have a successful summer. This is a position I'd highly recommend to anybody who has ever considered running their own business after graduating. The learning experience alone this summer will be more than worthwhile to me.
Pros
So many valuable skills and experiences gained
Cons
As with owning any business, very little off time.
Great work experience
Franchise Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2017
I have worked for UFCP for three years and enjoyed it every step of the way. I have learned so much about business and what it takes to be a good manager. This type of knowledge can't be found in a classroom only through the experience of doing the job. Plus the money is good you can make what most people make in a year in 4-6 months.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Positive and friendly workplace with the opportunity to learn new skills
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 June 2017
A typical work day consists of answering phones, data entry, mail sorting, filing, and other miscellaneous office tasks. Through this position I have improved my customer service skills, organizational skills, and learned about filing and courier services. The management of this company are very approachable and friendly, and are always willing to help with any questions I have. The workplace culture is great, with friendly coworkers and supervisors who make the office a positive place to be each day! The hardest part about working here is coordinating with managers in the Western provinces due to the time change. The most enjoyable part of working here is being able to tackle new tasks each day and working alongside awesome coworkers!
Pros
Positive office atmosphere, friendly management
Cons
Time difference in Western provinces
Good Summer Job
Painter (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 June 2017
This is my second summer here and I really enjoy the job. I like that I get to work outdoors in the summer and that I'm not stuck at a desk. My manager taught me a ton about the business and i'll be able to take the skills from the job and apply it to my future career.
Pros
Working outside, being part of a team, good money
Cons
Working when you'd rather be at the beach
A great company to work for!
Executuive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia20 June 2017
A typical day at work consists of answering phones, data entry, mail sorting and social media. Through this position I have learned a lot about customer service and social media marketing. Management at this company is very approachable. Whenever I have a question or a concern I'm not afraid to speak to management about it. The workplace culture is great! Monthly socials and year end trips make working here an enjoyable experience. The hardest part about working here is coordinating with managers in the Western provinces due to the time change. The most enjoyable part of the job is every day is different and my coworkers are the best!
Pros
Great coworkers, trips, socials, and every day is different
Cons
productive, fun, learned a lot of new things
Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2017
productive, fun, learned a lot of new things, learned how to communicate with different type of customers, Time management skill, critical thinking, data analysis
Solid Company
Crew Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2017
While it is hard to be managed by people who have no idea what they are doing sometimes. The hard work they put in made up for it and gave me a profitable summer
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long and unpredictable hours
Great place to learn hands on
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 July 2016
i learned that everything has to be planned out in order to save as much time as possible, so I had to make sure that we were working as efficient as possible
Pros
great weather to work in
Cons
great weather
it was a really good experience
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2016
i enjoyed working there it was a really good experience and it helped my develop my communication and interpersonal skills and it thought me ho to be patient and be a leader
outdoors
Painter (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 December 2015
painted houses, prepped homes for painting, masking windows , kept a clean working environment during and after the shift
dirt and hard work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON26 March 2015
A typical day at work would be long hours to produce an update, more attractive projects. I learned many skills such as interaction between workers. however, I didn't hold any management position while my co-worker was my friend and manager.
Great introduction to management of a business
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS1 February 2015
This management position provides a great opportunity for young people to learn how to manage their own business. Each day is different but can consist of marketing, sales, estimating, job scheduling and organization, and HR management as well.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Hard Work
Great way to gain valuable experience
BUSINESS OWNER (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 February 2014
Working for this company is running your own business. It is a seasonal industry in painting.

Very competitive market
High price service that requires excellent sales
Constant monitoring require for first year franchisees.
Huge time commitment
Pros
Experience
Cons
Very difficult to have job Work/Life balance
Good Job
House painter (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 September 2013
The company was well run and was very friendly hardest part was getting the very fine details down.
Ok summer job
Painter - Painting (Current Employee) –  St.albert22 June 2012
you can usually work 8 hours dependent on the weather
you learn all the technicalities of painting
my boss was ok not always on time with pay though but it is franchise run so you don't know who you will get
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
uncertain work availability inclament weather