University Federal Credit Union

University Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work with wonderful co-workers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTMay 10, 2016
Working for University Credit Union has given me a great opportunity to grow my skills and expand my work experience. The best part of working here is the management as my co-workers. It is very fun and motivational to work with such a great group of people. The skills and knowledge that I have obtained working here is incredible to me. I feel like I have learned a lot more about working in the real world and how to do better in my every day life as well as in the work place. I have learned a lot about finances and how to better manage my money. I have learned so much about business ethics and business operations. The only really difficult part of my job is having to work with less than pleasant members who expect the world when they have a negative balance in their account or who are just flat out rude and don't respect the tellers.
Pros
Great work Environment. Great Co-workers, Great Management, Great members.
Cons
Disrespectful members.
Not for those who value integrity and ethics.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 7, 2015
It is a concern that a financial institution such as this is still in business in this day and age. Consumer protection regulations are scoffed at, policies are loose and there is no accountability from management and administration to ensure proper training is provided, the consumer is protected and laws are adhered to. Profitability is an integral part of any company but not at the expense of its customers and asking its employees to break the law. They foster an environment that refuses to take action on reports of discrimination, workplace violence and harassment. I fear for the entry level employees and the members.
Pros
Free lunches and gift cards.
Cons
Administration, ethics, professional sandards, pay, training, systems.
Not a job, but a career!
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2016
UFCU is a great company to work for. You will find many people with longevity and job satisfaction. My only complaint is the work life balance as a banker. Some branches do not close until 6pm with regular mandatory sales meetings which are either before/after work which creates for long days.
Pros
professional growth, job satisfaction, great benefits, great culture, great leader
Cons
High sales goals, long hours
Fun Work Environment
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2016
Very good company to work for, encourage coaching and training opportunities. Focus on members and not just numbers. Learned a lot from shadowing different departments of the Credit Union.
Pros
Coaching, and Traning
Cons
N/A
Goal oriented enviorment with great coworkers and members.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxSeptember 15, 2015
Great work to life balance and coworkers that felt like family. Sales weren't as important as the member experience. Lots of room from growth not only within the branch but also with different parts of the company. Upper management was always accessible, although it was sometimes hard to get a straight answer from them.
Great atmosphere
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 25, 2012
Typical day consisted of assisting managers with evaluations, payroll, and any other HR needs. Collected applications and logged them, performed phone and in person interviews. Conducted new hire orientation. Assisted with Benefits and Workers Comp. Management was amazing to work for, very flexible and understandng. Hardest part of the job was the pay. Most enjoyable part was the people and work atmosphere.
AWESOME!
Loan Processor Commercial Lending, Loan Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2013
Awesome place to work, UFCU rocks! Great work environment, Employee Benefits are awesome, Member's are great, Products and services they offer to members are great!

Management keeps staff informed on the budget and the financial condition of the Credit Union. It's great that the President can call you by name.
Growing Leaps and Bounds
Mortgage Services Originations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2015
The name brand of UFCU as a highly reputable mortgage lender in the Austin area has allowed members and non-members to trust its products and services. Upon arrival on any given day, I hit the ground running with the influx of applicants that would like to do business with UFCU. I learned that process matters, but more importantly, the people and staff matter most. Management is carefully chosen to lead the teams to provide the proper tools and big ideas to sustain the high volume and continue to provide an impeccable and timely loan closings time after time. The popularity of UFCU's service has created a high demand, and with the volatility of the real estate market, the management of high volume of applicants is the most challenging part. In the end, we see success at closing the majority of the time and I find it very rewarding when they applicant finally sees their loan fund.
Senior Collector/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2014
I loved this job. I worked with many great people. It was nice to have direct access to the executive branch of this company. The benefits were far!
Great people to work with, growing pains as the company expands
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2012
UFCU's greatest strength is their employees. When you ask any employee why they enjoy working at UFCU they will tell you "because of the people here". The culture is very customer service oriented, but it is competitive. It is an exciting but sometimes frustrating period as the company transitions from a small, local credit union to a larger alternative to national banks. There can be communication breakdowns, and because the organization is growing at a rapid pace, staffing shortages are frequent. There are increasing amounts of bureaucracy to deal with when changes are being discussed. The benefits package is very good, and the departments are typically understanding of work/life conflicts.

My typical day is spent on the phone, taking information from members, inputting the information into our systems, doing research into billing issues, updating reports, and general clerical work, like processing mail and scanning files. Most of the general tasks I already had experience with, but I was trained on reporting and trained on the various computer systems we use in our department.

Resolving customer issues can be tough, but the hardest part of my job seems to be balancing customer service with sales support. Communication breakdowns don't help. It is a very fast paced work environment, and you need to be able to handle pressure well.

The best part of my job is when I am able to research an issue and get a problem resolved.
Pros
good benefits, good work/life balance, fun environment
Cons
red tape, weak management, staffing shortages
Provide members with excellent customer service.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2013
Make deposits and withdraws for members.
Make loan and credit card payments for the members.
Balance coin at the end of the day.
Pros
benefits, 401k match, being in a financial environment
Cons
no breaks, long days, no lunch
Teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2014
- Great people to work with
- Learned a lot about regulations
- Laid back atmosphere
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
Review
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2013
I was able to promote quickly in my first couple of years. I had some very dependable and trustworthy co workers. I gained very valuable skills and enjoyed talking with the customers.
Pros
coworkers were great
Cons
lack of management support, pay is not competitive, lack of promotions available
great place to work
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 7, 2014
The typical day as a teller consists or completing a large number of financial transactions for customers. The branch manager that i worked under was an amazing boss and a person that i have stayed in contact with years after i moved on from that job. The co-workers were great and we all had a lot of fun and enjoyed working together. The hardest and also the best part of the job are the customers. Working in customer service can be challenging and rewarding.
Pros
grate people to work with and to work for.
Cons
expensive healthcare.
Great Place for advancement
❸ Full-Time Teller 4 (Former Employee) –  Austin,TXJuly 8, 2012
The credit union fosters a great environment for advancement. Good learning environment and awesome resume builder
Norwest Financial - merging to becom Wells Fargo
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagatna, GuamApril 29, 2013
Wells Fargo Financial, Guam was where I got my first experience in collections, lending and selling/product marketing. It was here that I go to learn all aspects of a business.
Pros
this company molded me to be the professional i am today.
Customer Service and Loan Specialist
Loan Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasOctober 25, 2012
I would open new accounts, take loan applications, close on new loans, cross sell other credit union products as well as sell extended warranties and gap insurance.
Great potential and lucky to have a great manager
Member Services Representative III (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2012
I lucked out to have a great manager. There is a lot of potential to make bonuses with the incentive program in place.
Great company to work for
Member Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2012
Working with people is great, learning new things is also great. I love the people I work with, they are all fun.
ok, place to work.
Part Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 21, 2014
okay, t was a fun place to work. I enjoyed it, the co workers were awesome to work with.

4.3