University Federal Credit Union

University Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Teller
Teller (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
- Great people to work with
- Learned a lot about regulations
- Laid back atmosphere
ok, place to work.
Part Time Teller (Former Employee), Galveston, TXApril 21, 2014
okay, t was a fun place to work. I enjoyed it, the co workers were awesome to work with.
great place to work
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: grate people to work with and to work for.
Cons: expensive healthcare.
The typical day as a teller consists or completing a large number of financial transactions for customers. The branch manager that i worked under was an amazing boss and a person that i have stayed in contact with years after i moved on from that job. The co-workers were great and we all had a lot of fun and enjoyed working together. The hardest and – more... also the best part of the job are the customers. Working in customer service can be challenging and rewarding. – less
Review
Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 16, 2013
Pros: coworkers were great
Cons: lack of management support, pay is not competitive, lack of promotions available
I was able to promote quickly in my first couple of years. I had some very dependable and trustworthy co workers. I gained very valuable skills and enjoyed talking with the customers.
Provide members with excellent customer service.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, 401k match, being in a financial environment
Cons: no breaks, long days, no lunch
Make deposits and withdraws for members.
Make loan and credit card payments for the members.
Balance coin at the end of the day.
AWESOME!
Loan Processor Commercial Lending, Loan Operations (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 9, 2013
Awesome place to work, UFCU rocks! Great work environment, Employee Benefits are awesome, Member's are great, Products and services they offer to members are great!

Management keeps staff informed on the budget and the financial condition of the Credit Union. It's great that the President can call you by name.
Norwest Financial - merging to becom Wells Fargo
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Hagatna, GuamApril 29, 2013
Pros: this company molded me to be the professional i am today.
Wells Fargo Financial, Guam was where I got my first experience in collections, lending and selling/product marketing. It was here that I go to learn all aspects of a business.
Great potential and lucky to have a great manager
Member Services Representative III (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 30, 2012
I lucked out to have a great manager. There is a lot of potential to make bonuses with the incentive program in place.
Customer Service and Loan Specialist
Loan Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TexasOctober 25, 2012
I would open new accounts, take loan applications, close on new loans, cross sell other credit union products as well as sell extended warranties and gap insurance.
Great atmosphere
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 25, 2012
Typical day consisted of assisting managers with evaluations, payroll, and any other HR needs. Collected applications and logged them, performed phone and in person interviews. Conducted new hire orientation. Assisted with Benefits and Workers Comp. Management was amazing to work for, very flexible and understandng. Hardest part of the job was the pay. – more... Most enjoyable part was the people and work atmosphere. – less
Great people to work with, growing pains as the company expands
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 2, 2012
Pros: good benefits, good work/life balance, fun environment
Cons: red tape, weak management, staffing shortages
UFCU's greatest strength is their employees. When you ask any employee why they enjoy working at UFCU they will tell you "because of the people here". The culture is very customer service oriented, but it is competitive. It is an exciting but sometimes frustrating period as the company transitions from a small, local credit union to a larger alternative – more... to national banks. There can be communication breakdowns, and because the organization is growing at a rapid pace, staffing shortages are frequent. There are increasing amounts of bureaucracy to deal with when changes are being discussed. The benefits package is very good, and the departments are typically understanding of work/life conflicts.

My typical day is spent on the phone, taking information from members, inputting the information into our systems, doing research into billing issues, updating reports, and general clerical work, like processing mail and scanning files. Most of the general tasks I already had experience with, but I was trained on reporting and trained on the various computer systems we use in our department.

Resolving customer issues can be tough, but the hardest part of my job seems to be balancing customer service with sales support. Communication breakdowns don't help. It is a very fast paced work environment, and you need to be able to handle pressure well.

The best part of my job is when I am able to research an issue and get a problem resolved. – less
Great Place for advancement
❸ Full-Time Teller 4 (Former Employee), Austin,TXJuly 8, 2012
The credit union fosters a great environment for advancement. Good learning environment and awesome resume builder
Great company to work for
Member Sales Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2012
Working with people is great, learning new things is also great. I love the people I work with, they are all fun.