University Federal Credit Union

University Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Fun and engaging workplace.
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX19 April 2017
I enjoy working for this company because it has allowed me to grow because there are many opportunities to move up as well as working on your resume for future endeavors.
Great company
MSR TELLER MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT14 April 2017
This is a great job to start your career of, lots of opportunity to grow and lots of support. They are very organized, and willing to work with students.
Great people, do run it like you're in high school.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT24 February 2017
It's a pretty conservative company, run it a little like high school and upper management definitely has it's favorites. Is a small institution so growth with in the company is very hard.
Pros
Members and employes
Cons
Upper manager.
Incredible organization
Teller/Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX10 February 2017
UFCU is a great organization that supports it's employees and their personal development. UFCU definitely took staff morale to heart!
Great Company
MSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UT3 January 2017
Great Company a lot of training and things to learn, but have a lack of how supervisor need to work with employees, too much drama, personal information and ego.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Supervisor need more training on how to work with employees.
Good culture; senior management is mostly inept.
Business Development Manager - Wealth Managment (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX22 December 2016
Probably better suited for entry level employees to get some good experience and move on. Many of the longer tenure employees are sub par and stifle innovation and the overall level of performance.
Pros
Lots of nice people work here. Good benefits.
Cons
Lots of incompetence as well. Way behind on technology.
Family Oriented and flexible work place
Member Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX17 December 2016
A typical day is on the phones but the volume is manageable and colleagues are very friendly. I have learned to enhance my rapport with individuals, become more knowledgeable in other software programs and to become more familiar with de-escalating certain situations. Management treats you like family and my co-workers as well. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with certain members who I am unable to do more for. The most enjoyable part of my job is educating my members on their financial needs and helping them succeed in life.
Great working environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND25 October 2016
Overall a great place to work with great benefits. You will learn to love and care for all of the members. Co-works create a very easy going and fun work environment if you work the Branch location. Weekends off for the family. An easy 8:45 to 5:15 day.

At times it does get stressful, you will have to multitask. Co-workers are great to help and answer any questions. You get to see members pets in drive thru.

Working in our main office location in a basement with no windows feels like a dungeon.

Our CEO at times could be very unapproachable, and cold hearted to a persons feelings. She doesn't treat employees like they matter to the credit union. (The reason for multiply employees leaving)
Pros
Fun members, co-workers, casual work attire
Cons
Basement location, heartless CEO, not all members are treated equally
Balanced work environment with steady laughs
Teller/ Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT10 October 2016
I loved the routine of the Credit Union in General, but I learned a lot about personal finances and would gladly encourage anyone to work for University Federal Credit Union. Management was great, always motivating and helpful with a good laugh each day. The hardest part of the job would probably be simply learning the job, but once learned it becomes a happy and easy process and enjoyable. I most enjoyed the education of all sorts each day and steady consistent work load. Challenging but never too stressful.
Pros
Great hours, steady work load, amazing benefits.
It's a good place to start.
Loan Officer / Funder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT29 June 2016
Worked as Teller, Loan Processor and Loan Officer. You'd think I'd make a comfortable wage to earn a living with that much growth. However even as a loan officer I barely made $13/hr. Company should probably invest more in to people deciding who to invest money in or not.
Pros
Good Benefits, Consistent Hours, Paid Holidays
Cons
Low Pay, Under-qualified Management
Fun Work Environment
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX26 June 2016
Very good company to work for, encourage coaching and training opportunities. Focus on members and not just numbers. Learned a lot from shadowing different departments of the Credit Union.
Pros
Coaching, and Traning
Cons
N/a
Not a job, but a career!
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX15 June 2016
UFCU is a great company to work for. You will find many people with longevity and job satisfaction. My only complaint is the work life balance as a banker. Some branches do not close until 6pm with regular mandatory sales meetings which are either before/after work which creates for long days.
Pros
professional growth, job satisfaction, great benefits, great culture, great leader
Cons
High sales goals, long hours
Excellent place to work with wonderful co-workers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UT10 May 2016
Working for University Credit Union has given me a great opportunity to grow my skills and expand my work experience. The best part of working here is the management as my co-workers. It is very fun and motivational to work with such a great group of people. The skills and knowledge that I have obtained working here is incredible to me. I feel like I have learned a lot more about working in the real world and how to do better in my every day life as well as in the work place. I have learned a lot about finances and how to better manage my money. I have learned so much about business ethics and business operations. The only really difficult part of my job is having to work with less than pleasant members who expect the world when they have a negative balance in their account or who are just flat out rude and don't respect the tellers.
Pros
Great work Environment. Great Co-workers, Great Management, Great members.
Cons
Disrespectful members.
Not for those who value integrity and ethics.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UT7 December 2015
It is a concern that a financial institution such as this is still in business in this day and age. Consumer protection regulations are scoffed at, policies are loose and there is no accountability from management and administration to ensure proper training is provided, the consumer is protected and laws are adhered to. Profitability is an integral part of any company but not at the expense of its customers and asking its employees to break the law. They foster an environment that refuses to take action on reports of discrimination, workplace violence and harassment. I fear for the entry level employees and the members.
Pros
Free lunches and gift cards.
Cons
Administration, ethics, professional sandards, pay, training, systems.
Goal oriented enviorment with great coworkers and members.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, Tx15 September 2015
Great work to life balance and coworkers that felt like family. Sales weren't as important as the member experience. Lots of room from growth not only within the branch but also with different parts of the company. Upper management was always accessible, although it was sometimes hard to get a straight answer from them.
Growing Leaps and Bounds
Mortgage Services Originations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX5 May 2015
The name brand of UFCU as a highly reputable mortgage lender in the Austin area has allowed members and non-members to trust its products and services. Upon arrival on any given day, I hit the ground running with the influx of applicants that would like to do business with UFCU. I learned that process matters, but more importantly, the people and staff matter most. Management is carefully chosen to lead the teams to provide the proper tools and big ideas to sustain the high volume and continue to provide an impeccable and timely loan closings time after time. The popularity of UFCU's service has created a high demand, and with the volatility of the real estate market, the management of high volume of applicants is the most challenging part. In the end, we see success at closing the majority of the time and I find it very rewarding when they applicant finally sees their loan fund.
Senior Collector/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT29 September 2014
I loved this job. I worked with many great people. It was nice to have direct access to the executive branch of this company. The benefits were far!
Teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX19 June 2014
- Great people to work with
- Learned a lot about regulations
- Laid back atmosphere
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
ok, place to work.
Part Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TX21 April 2014
okay, t was a fun place to work. I enjoyed it, the co workers were awesome to work with.
great place to work
Customer Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT7 February 2014
The typical day as a teller consists or completing a large number of financial transactions for customers. The branch manager that i worked under was an amazing boss and a person that i have stayed in contact with years after i moved on from that job. The co-workers were great and we all had a lot of fun and enjoyed working together. The hardest and also the best part of the job are the customers. Working in customer service can be challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Grate people to work with and to work for.
Cons
Expensive healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2