Universal Staffing

Universal Staffing Employee Reviews

Excellent to suit my needs
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 October 2016
I worked out of the Brampton office and I found the staff to be very attentive and professional. I understand with this industry there are always jobs on the fly, but I felt as thought the staff were always on my side and trying to get my foot in the door to new opportunities. If you are a hard worker it is definitely noted and acknowledged. I'm grateful this company took a chance on me when many others didn't want to because of my busy schedule.
Pros
kind staff, always new opportunities, fair wages
Cons
labour position
Productive and fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 June 2016
Walked into a busy and fast-paced environment. It was an overall good time, it was fun to socialize with my co-workers. I learned to work under rough conditions and cope with pressure.
Temporary Agency
Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 May 2016
A temporary agency, sometimes there is work, other times no work such is the nature of the business. When they call you they want you at the workplace in 10 to 15 minutes.
unpredictable
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 February 2016
the schedule can be unpredictable and unreasonable, switching night shifts and day shifts one day right after the last shift, with no chance of correcting your sleep. You have reason to worry if you turn down a shift for this reason because you could lose work at a location for a time or permanently and have reason to be concerned that they'll either slow their calls or stop calling you all together if for any reason you can't take a shift. There are no health benefits unless you are permanent placement and they try their best to see that doesn't happen.
The People was the best part of this job
Forklift Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 December 2015
The work it self suck but the people you work with make it so much better, but in the winter time you barley get any hours. so your pay goes way down and then you have the risk of being laid off if your not the ideal worker
Pros
Early Night
Cons
Heavey Lifting all the time
Not always work
Labour worker (Former Employee) –  moncton30 July 2015
When given jobs through universal I was at lest getting a pay check but the work contract could be ended at any given time. They did their best to keep me working.
it was ok
general labour (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 July 2015
staff were mildly unprofessional and would not be up front and honest if an employer had fired you but offered a range of hours and job assignments
Pros
quick to find employment
Cons
staff was mildly unprofessional
Staffing Agency
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2015
I have learned how to be on track while having a thousand things to do. I have gained experience in reception, data entry, filing, staffing.
Is what it is.
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 April 2015
Varied work places, wherever work could be found.
Varying skills dependant on placement.
Management could have been better at addressing issues both for temp workers and actual employees working within the company.
Met a diverse group of co-workers, learned a lot from them.
Challenging work and new skills to learn at every placement (not hard but a good challenge).
Getting to know co-workers at placements, learning new skills and getting paid.
Pros
Paid well, good summer jobs, meet new people from all walks of life.
Cons
Office politics, gang up on employees if concerns not wanting to be address arise.
temp service
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 February 2015
on call service. they would call you for work you were quallified to do . with me it was warehousing,driving,laberourer.it was strictly temp work.
Horrible Company to work for
Staffing Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton ON7 October 2014
Unorganized company. Impossible standards. Degration, harassment, rasicim, and severe inappropriate behaviour.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
worked 16 hours a day
Good for quick opportunities.
Temporary Agent (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2014
Your days at work vary because you work at different locations but you learn a little bit of everything. Management was nice and co workers too but the hardest thing about the job would be adjusting to the locations.
parcel delivery ware house
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 February 2014
first when u get to the ware house you got into your trailer and as the boxes come down the line your job is to organize them by postal code and put em on the right side in the trailer. wile working this job i learnt allot about being efficient and planning ahead of time. the management is very good in the work place and the co-workers and very good friendly hard workers.
Pros
good work place
Cons
not allot of houers
Good work environment, good people
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 September 2013
Good company to work for if you're in between jobs. Never a time during your shift when you're not working. The most enjoyable part about the job is working for a variety of companies, because you get to meet other people, but definitely hard to arrange transportation to different locations every shift.
great
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 May 2013
I've worked for universal staffing and ive never had a problem.
Won't work for this agency any longer
QC, forklift driver, laborer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 January 2013
This agency has an internal turnover that is alarming to the employable...they change over managers so often, that every time I'd personally go in, there would be another person there I didn't know and would have to annoyingly go through my file again as if I was just applying...