Universal Staffing Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 9, 2016
Walked into a busy and fast-paced environment. It was an overall good time, it was fun to socialize with my co-workers. I learned to work under rough conditions and cope with pressure.
Temporary Agency
Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 19, 2016
A temporary agency, sometimes there is work, other times no work such is the nature of the business. When they call you they want you at the workplace in 10 to 15 minutes.
unpredictable
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 2, 2016
the schedule can be unpredictable and unreasonable, switching night shifts and day shifts one day right after the last shift, with no chance of correcting your sleep. You have reason to worry if you turn down a shift for this reason because you could lose work at a location for a time or permanently and have reason to be concerned that they'll either slow their calls or stop calling you all together if for any reason you can't take a shift. There are no health benefits unless you are permanent placement and they try their best to see that doesn't happen.
The People was the best part of this job
Forklift Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSDecember 17, 2015
The work it self suck but the people you work with make it so much better, but in the winter time you barley get any hours. so your pay goes way down and then you have the risk of being laid off if your not the ideal worker
Pros
Early Night
Cons
Heavey Lifting all the time
Not always work
Labour worker (Former Employee) –  monctonJuly 30, 2015
When given jobs through universal I was at lest getting a pay check but the work contract could be ended at any given time. They did their best to keep me working.
it was ok
general labour (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 24, 2015
staff were mildly unprofessional and would not be up front and honest if an employer had fired you but offered a range of hours and job assignments
Pros
quick to find employment
Cons
staff was mildly unprofessional
Staffing Agency
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
I have learned how to be on track while having a thousand things to do. I have gained experience in reception, data entry, filing, staffing.
Is what it is.
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 22, 2015
Varied work places, wherever work could be found.
Varying skills dependant on placement.
Management could have been better at addressing issues both for temp workers and actual employees working within the company.
Met a diverse group of co-workers, learned a lot from them.
Challenging work and new skills to learn at every placement (not hard but a good challenge).
Getting to know co-workers at placements, learning new skills and getting paid.
Pros
Paid well, good summer jobs, meet new people from all walks of life.
Cons
Office politics, gang up on employees if concerns not wanting to be address arise.
temp service
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 21, 2015
on call service. they would call you for work you were quallified to do . with me it was warehousing,driving,laberourer.it was strictly temp work.
Horrible Company to work for
Staffing Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton ONOctober 7, 2014
Unorganized company. Impossible standards. Degration, harassment, rasicim, and severe inappropriate behaviour.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
worked 16 hours a day
Very family oriented and friendly place
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 11, 2014
Universal Staffing is a family oriented place. The employees and staff are very friendly and easy to work with. I've been a staff member for almost 9 years. I have recently moved to Angus and I am finding it difficult to drive an hour and a half both ways for work. I have a 19 month old at home so my goal is to find something closer. I am currently the payroll manager there. I love my job, and the staff members. We all work very well together to get payroll completed on a weekly basis. I work well under pressure especially with weekly deadlines.
Pros
staff members, love doing payroll, owner treats staff like family.
Cons
long drive, need to be closer to kids, taking me an hour and a half to get there and filling my tank every two days.
Good for quick opportunities.
Temporary Agent (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 23, 2014
Your days at work vary because you work at different locations but you learn a little bit of everything. Management was nice and co workers too but the hardest thing about the job would be adjusting to the locations.
parcel delivery ware house
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 12, 2014
first when u get to the ware house you got into your trailer and as the boxes come down the line your job is to organize them by postal code and put em on the right side in the trailer. wile working this job i learnt allot about being efficient and planning ahead of time. the management is very good in the work place and the co-workers and very good friendly hard workers.
Pros
good work place
Cons
not allot of houers
great
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 12, 2013
I've worked for universal staffing and ive never had a problem.
Won't work for this agency any longer
QC, forklift driver, laborer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 14, 2013
This agency has an internal turnover that is alarming to the employable...they change over managers so often, that every time I'd personally go in, there would be another person there I didn't know and would have to annoyingly go through my file again as if I was just applying...
friendly people, average wages, good place to build work ethic
Laborer/Maintenance/Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 5, 2012
The people there were very friendly, the wages were average to slightly above average for the time and it was a good place to build work ethic as it was mainly a labor position taking very little training and a lot of physical exertion.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
no room to climb in industry