The Institute of Soul Healing and Enlightenment™ is a privately owned company, with its head office located in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada. The Institute offers a wide range of classes, retreats, teleconferences and video conferences where Master Sha and / or his Worldwide Representatives teach and offer healing blessings to all. Our website www.DrSha.com lists events and provides other information about Master Sha and his Worldwide Representatives. Many classes are offered through Soul Power Institute™ and range from introductory classes to more advanced courses. As an important part of our commitment to serve, Master Sha and his team offer many free services.
Soul Power Institute's™ mission is to teach and spread the power of soul. In their programs and courses, to teach soul secrets, wisdom, knowledge, and practical techniques to transform one’s health and prevent sickness; rejuvenate soul, heart, mind, and body; transform relationships, finances, and more. Visit the website at: www.SoulPowerInstitute.com.
Interactive TV Channel - Producer and Director
The Institute of Soul Healing and Enlightenment™ (ISHE) is planning to build an Internet TV Site, Dr. and Master Sha TV. This is a major company initiative and hence ISHE is looking for Interactive TV Channel Producer and director to lead this project.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Interactive TV Channel - Producer and Director is responsible for leading and directing the core team members involved in strategy, designing, development, programming, media production, and interactive content development for Dr. & Master Sha.TV. Also important will be to continuously re-purpose filmed existing filmed content and videos from retreats into series, episodes for the TV, Web, Mobile and tablet devices.
The person is accountable for the creation of a content catalog of video series and teaching material for Dr. & Master Zhi Gang Sha. This is include but is not limited to producing various TV Series, e-learning modules and video on demand content based on the teachings, wisdom and practical techniques taught by Master Sha and his Worldwide Representatives.
This person will visualize, conceptualize and document the functional specifications for the Internet TV Site which will be used to work across all platforms: TV, Internet, Mobile Phones, and Tablets. These specifications should be created using industry standard user experience practices. Prior experience in this medium is necessary.
This role is new to the Institute of Soul Healing and Enlightenment and has been created to expand the existing creative and interactive elements into an “International/Global entity”. The focus will include all countries where services are currently offered, all languages and all customer touch points.
Keys to Career Success:
Leadership: Positively influencing people and events in a leadership role. As a leader, you are a self-motivated professional, who provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic interactive and digital branding and marketing objectives. Direct and oversee all aspects of the “creative and interactive media” functions of the organization. This leadership role requires a high level of integrity; dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Exceptional Planning: Effectively managing internal and external resources to achieve organizational goals via a structured core process/approach based on a 3 tier module.
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Managing stage boundaries
- Closing a project
- generating revenue
- Generating leads and traffic
Tier 1: Day-to-day digital media planning, production and maintenance.
Tier 2: Develop creative and strategic digital products and services.
Tier 3: Management of all aspects of planning, buying and trafficking all elements of approved campaigns.
Builds Strong Relationships: Developing and maintaining win/win relationships and partnerships. Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives; internal staff and vendors. Needs to have a proven track record of success in a corporate environment and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Evaluate and Recommend: As a strategic thinker you take a broad scale, long-term view assessing options and implications. As you evaluate the short and long-term strategic interactive media objectives you must advise on the impact of the long range planning, introduction of new program programs/strategic and regulatory action. As the lead, you will raise, evaluate and recommend design, production and directorial (strategic, conceptual, design, resources) related to issues when appropriate. Interactive TV Channel - Producer and Director is empowered to think about the “big picture” and how deliverables could impact schedules, other properties and resources.
Adaptability: Personal willingness and flexibility and possess the ability to effectively work in, and adapt to change
Client Focus: Understanding and meeting or exceeding clients’ needs while accommodating different cultural and language aspects
Communication: Clearly conveying convincing and influencing messages to meet the needs of all parties, including excellent interpersonal skills to assess and manage different customer situations and understanding and adapting to cultural differences
Organizational Awareness: Understands the structure of the organization
Impact and Influence: Persuading, convincing or influencing internal and external stakeholders and customers so as to gain buy-in and provide win-win solutions to all parties and customers as a whole.
Teamwork: Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results, considered and looked upon as being a “valued team member” and contribution by your peers and others. As a Self – starter you are also able to work autonomously in a team environment
Problem Solving and Judgment: Ability to assess options and implications in order to identify most appropriate and best solution/s considering customer impact, company impact including legal, compliance and privacy laws
Developing Others: A desire to work toward developing the long-term capability of others
Innovation: Using original and creative thinking to make improvements and/or develop and initiate new approaches for customer experience and technology to deliver it. Familiar with relevant and latest trends and issues so as to make appropriate recommendations
Self-Management and Accountability: Reflecting on past experiences in order to manage and continually improve our own performance and growth on all levels..
- Include the future of interactive media, new media developments particularly digital technologies.
- The commercial trends in interactive media, such as special effects, photography, film, sound and animation.
Details of Responsibilities:
- Documentation: In the initial stages of the building this position will be responsible of the conceptualization and complete functional documentation of the channel.
- Production and Direction of Content: Oversee the production, direction of all content that will be uploaded on the channel.
- Training and Mentoring: Train and lead assistant producers and volunteers into producing content for live and recorded TV.
- Revenue and Lead generation: Daily assessment of increase in revenue and participation and quickly adapting and changing strategy as per the performance of the content
- Channel Branding: Leading conceptualizing/brainstorming meetings with designers identified to work on projects/deliverables and includes other members of the creative team as needed. Leading includes step to identify a unified process of marketing/concept/design and interactive/web/video/motion graphics.
- Quality: Ensuring that the high quality standards are upheld within the creative and production.
- Research and make recommendations for establishing relationships for selected third-party vendors (technologies; agencies, designers, animators, video production, photographers or illustrators) when need be.
- Media: Manage the flow of media/creative issues – create solutions and resolve challenges.
- Attend, participate in or delegate all assigned Core Team matters including; vision, status, resource needs and outstanding issues in a timely fashion.
- Manage, mentor and create a strong team-centric atmosphere.
- Allocate budgets across media channels to meet company objectives.
- Prepare and present program and content effectiveness reports to appropriate stakeholders.
- Support and mentor team on original projects and presents ideas to the stakeholders for approval.
- Serve as an active participant in the recruitment process including making hiring decisions.
- Responsible for processing performance reviews and development of others.
- Foster; document career growth, achievements and/or issues of assigned team.
- Set and establishe overall team direction.
- Understand, embrace, and exemplify company’s mission and values.
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
- A related degree and/or certification in addition to course completion in business and project management.
- 10-15 years of related management experience within an operations-oriented organization with demonstrated strengths in strategy development and implementation (10-15 years of interactive marketing, production and directorial experience with a minimum of 8 years’ experience within interactive media).
- Prior Interactive TV experience, especially the set up and running successful interactive TV channels, with live on demand graphics is necessary.
- A Certified Master Teacher and Healer or minimum a Certified Divine Soul Teacher healer with Dr. & Master Sha. Must have immense knowledge in Soul Mind Body Healing and Transmission System, the science of Soul Mind Body Medicine and Soul Power Techniques. This is essential so as to be able to create content on this subject, generate revenue and appropriate translate the concepts into practical application for viewers
- Deep insights into marketing & generating revenue though Soul Healing content.
- Ability to work with diverse groups in different media environments; knowledge and understanding of working with diverse population demographics
- Demonstrated ability in leading large and complex initiatives and projects (conceptual & creative)
- Proven ability to plan and execute advanced web development, traditional media production projects and software applications.
- Extensive knowledge of hiring, interviewing and managing the performance of a media design team.
- Broad knowledge of business, financial, and operational planning and accountability processes.
- Experience in effectively managing human and financial resources, encouraging innovative approaches and question existing ones to ensure the most effective and efficient outcomes are delivered.
- Recognized innovative thinker, promoting information and sharing knowledge transfer.
- Solid understanding of leadership; change management, business systems and processes
- Exceptional verbal; writing, listening, negotiating and interpersonal skills. (Feedback tolerance: You need to be open to feedback and willing to listen)
- Ability to lead and manage change and negotiate innovative solutions to complex and diverse issues and challenges.
- Genuine desire to focus with tenacity on meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Proven bias for action, excellent critical thinking and time management skills. (Possess the ability to balance perfectionism with a bias for action).
- Excellent knowledge of general computing skills as well as competency in all computer systems/technology that forms as the foundation to the department.
- Additional language skills are an asset.
- Knowledgeable with various government policies as it relates to collecting; sharing and disseminating information (i.e. Freedom of Information and protection of Privacy Act; Electronic Administration Act).
- You are reliable and committed ensuring that your work is being done and completed as requested and on time.
- Advocate for community and for the company: When you are an advocate for the community, you help the company design better products and services.
Position based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada