UNIVERSAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT, Canada’s leading manufacturer of waste and recycling products, has immediate openings for full-time permanent year-round Welders within their Red Deer operations.
Are you looking for a rewarding career that is more than just a job? Then look no further and join Universal Handling Equipment, one of Central Alberta’s top employers. Universal Handling Equipment is Canada’s industry leader in waste and recycling product manufacturing. With a product line that includes rear, front & side loading garbage trucks, roll-off hoists, lugger hoists, compactors and a variety of waste and recycling containers we strive to produce innovative products that exceed the expectations of our customers. Universal Handling Equipment understands that our employees are the most integral part of our business. Here you'll be part of a highly skilled and diverse team that is committed to helping you succeed. We show our employees their value to the organization by giving them the tools to excel in a secure and long-term career. Our employees contribute to our organizations success in many ways including assisting in achieving our production and safety targets. Here you can work and grow in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, and earn a competitive hourly salary and benefits while doing it. Our compensation package includes a bonus program, safety incentives, full company paid health and dental benefits, an RRSP plan, a boot allowance, overtime, and apprenticeships.
- Read and interpret blueprints, designs and welding process specifications
- Use PPE and follow safety procedures and policies
- Operate GMAW & FCAW welding equipment
- Control overhead bridge cranes
- Operate forklifts and other related equipment
- Use of hand tools such as grinders, drills, hammers, and clamps
- Monday to Friday 40 hours per week
- Optional overtime available when needed
- Indoor production facility
- Must be a registered Alberta apprentice, Alberta Certified Journeyperson , have an Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement, or be interested in starting an apprenticeship with welding experience
- Mathematical and construction competence
- A focus on creating quality products and having pride in your work
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Strength to lift object up to 50 Lbs
- Be able to successfully pass a drug and physical test
If you are looking for a challenge, purpose and future, apply today to be part of our team of over 300 dedicated employees from Canada and the United States helping to provide innovative products and quality service to our customers for over 30 years.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Universal Handling Equipment is Canada’s industry leader in waste and recycling product manufacturing. With a product line that...