Summary of Position
The Univeris Software Engineer performs a variety of activities involving the analysis, design, development, operation, and maintenance of software, following the iterative software development process and software engineering best practices.
The Univeris Software Engineer works as part of a team. He/she is assigned duties based on the projects needs, and executes them while conforming to the Univeris internal processes and procedures.
The Univeris Software Engineer is focused on the delivery of customer value, in the form of creating software that meets (or exceeds) the customer's needs as well as all dimensions of quality described through the functional, usability, reliability, performance and supportability requirements (FURPS+).
The Univeris Software Engineer creates solutions that are designed through effective and efficient platform components, and contribute to the advancement of Univeris EWMS as the leading platform for the Wealth Management space.
This role reports to the Director, Software Engineering. The Software Engineer maintains strong relationships with all Univeris team members including: Other teams, Product Managers, Sales staff, Marketing and maintains relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external to Univeris.
The Univeris Software Engineer can be assigned one or more of the responsibilities below. The responsibilities may vary from project to project.
- Leads, coordinates and performs requirements elicitation by outlining the system's functionality and delimiting the system.
- Gathers, specifies and maintains the detailed system requirements
- Gathers usability requirements and creates prototype candidate user-interface designs to meet those requirements.
- Designs parts of the system, within the constraints of the requirements, architecture, and development process for the project.
- Develops reusable software components and performs developer testing for integration into larger subsystems, in accordance with the project's adopted standards
- Plans and executes the software element integration to produce builds.
- Identifies and defines the required tests, monitors detailed testing progress and results in each test cycle and evaluates the overall quality.
- Defines the test approach and ensures its successful implementation
- Develop tests and logs the outcomes of his/her testing
- Plans, manages and allocates resources, shapes priorities, coordinates interactions with customers and users, and keeps the project team focused
- Provides timely updates to the project on assigned responsibilities
The Univeris Software Engineer may be required to participate in sales support and other activities.
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in computer science
- RUP iterative software development process
- Software Design principles
- Java, Database, Test Automation, HTML and other technologies or programming languages
- J2EE/JEE, EJB, JSF preferred
- Confluence, Jira, Enterprise Architect
- Open communicator, integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Passion for excellence
- Can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic and creative contributor
- Life-long student
- Scientist and Technologist
- Normal office environment
- Long periods of PC usage
- Occasional travel to customers’ site