Unitek Technical Services provides supplier management, development, and related technical services to corporations around the world.
We are currently recruiting an Expeditor/Program Manager for a global Aerospace client in the Toronto area.
- Candidate will monitor, evaluate, expedite, and improve manufacturing processes by checking adherence to schedule, auditing production processes, and identifying improvement to enhance schedule performance.
- Candidate will be a liaison between various departments within the company to ensure production deadlines and schedules are met.
- Candidate will provide detailed records and reports including shipping schedules, order status to customer managers.
- Candidate will provide Supplier Technical and Program Management Support for Cargo plane and Fighter jet programs.
- Position Requires understanding of Sheet Metal forming, Machined Parts-Plate, Bar, Extrusions Castings and Forgings and common aerospace coating applications.
- Desired Candidate to have understanding of electrical/mechanical/hydraulic systems manufacturing and testing procedures.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with multiple levels of organization.
- Contract position, 30-40 hours per week.
- 5 - 10 years previous or current working experience in a Manufacturing or Supply Chain Environment, Military or Defense Contracting or related Industry.
- Strong background in Aerospace Material Management and Production Control.
- Will have Experience in Program management of multiple supplier base. Will have experience in Airframe production and Supplier support and have the ability to Manage and provide status and charting to Program Management.
- Proficient in Industry Standards of supply Chain management, such as Statistical Process Control, APICS, CPIM, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, CPI, etc., is desirable.
- College Degree or Industry Certifications a plus, but not a requirement.
- Must be able to work within a Team Environment.
- Will be expected and required to travel to support activities (including overnight stays). Will perform in a remote, virtual, embedded or stationary location.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be a local resident.
Indeed - 16 months ago