UnitedHealth Group
1,632 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee), Toronto,ONAugust 8, 2014
Bell is one of the largest telecom company in Canada.
Worked as a backend tester.
great work environment
Product Support Analyst (Current Employee), phillipinesMay 29, 2014
open-door policy
good personnel
conducive work environment
Many perks and they value their employee
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mckinley Hill, Taguig CityDecember 26, 2013
Pros: recreation rooms and free meals :)
In this company you can feel the company's care and concern to their employees. They provide everything that their employee needs. The company offers many opportunity for they are still expanding.
Great Company
Assist Member and Provider (Current Employee), Customer Care RelpNovember 21, 2014
Overall great training ..Everyone helpful..........Assisted members w benefits and taught about plan guidelines
Basic job
Renewal Service Center Representative (Former Employee), Edina, MNNovember 21, 2014
Pros: i personally loved my boss at this job
Cons: no challenge
If a customer service job is what you are seeking this is the one for you. Not a whole lot of stress although sometimes a fair amount of call volume. I was seeking more of a challenge which is why I moved on from this position.
Health Advisor
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2014
My job at UHC was Remote. My day consisted of logging on my applications. This job was a Call Center,calls were answered in a timley manner, metrics were a part of my daily job meeting quotes, AHT, Surveys, call back rates.
Job Application Site does not work!
Trainer (Current Employee), MarylandNovember 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: lots
I tried for two hours on Page 1 of their application site for a job, filled in all required fields with red asterisks, and the page would not allow me to save and move to Page 2. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANIES JOB ADVERTISEMENTS.
I work as a corporate trainer in IT, have even implemented TALEO, and designed and developed training it and – more... numerous other applications. AND don't bother calling their Help Desk - they're worthless, it's your problem not theirs. – less
Wide variety of different people
Service Advocate (Current Employee), North Lauderdale, FLNovember 20, 2014
It was a fun atmosphere, but not much room for growth.
Great co-workers
I've learn different aspect of the job regarding insurance enrolling
Don't work here!
Health Advisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 19, 2014
avoid this job at all cost, if you want to work 50 hours a week, low pay, horrible benefits, including medical, then this job maybe for you. Management sets unrealistic expectations, and they will try all they can for you not to qualify for a bonus or yearly raise.
Very Detailed, time sensitive job
Provider Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 19, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: stressful atmosphere
Sitting at computer for 10 hour days working with claims and providers to assist in making sure were processed according to members benefits, provider contracts and company policies.
Great Place To Work
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHNovember 19, 2014
The management and staff are great. It is a call center job, so most of your day is spent on the phones, but the pay is fair and they treat their employees well.
Lots of advancement opportunites
BUSINESS ANALYST II (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaNovember 18, 2014
Co-workers were always willing to help. Team work and cooperation was great. Management were very supportive. I was able to move and grow with the company. Hands on training were available. They focused on solving problems, working together and did not play the blame game.
Call Center Culture
Customer Outreach Resolution (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 18, 2014
A great learning experience. This company provides the opportunuity to develop the necessary tools to move into leadership. This is a fast-paced ever changing environment. Flexibility will be key to any role at this company. As with any call center, there is high turn-over. This could work to one's advantage or disadvantage.
enjoyed working there, but was outsourced
Provider Data Analyst (Former Employee), Johnstown, PANovember 17, 2014
It was a great place to work at one time......until people were outsourced to jobs overseas. Flexible hours..great people to work with.....good supervision. All in all it was a Great place to work....I gave 27 years of my life to them. The last 7 years I was working as a telecommuter for United Healthcare.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: little overtime
I start my day by checking my emails for my work. I learn how to do mail merging. My co-workers was great to work with. I enjoyed every aspect of my job.
Lead Facility Engineer (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: teamship
Cons: staff gossiping
UHG mngement run and maitian a very good working enviroment.
Financially sound company with great products but a corporate machine
FINANCIAL REPORTING ANALYST (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTNovember 15, 2014
Pros: flex schedule (work-life balance)
Cons: it's corporate in every sense of the word
United is about as well-managed financially as a company can be and haven't had a losing quarter since Moses was in diapers...they hardly seem to own any real estate as the CT sites are all rented office spaces. Also, nobody gets hired without consent from the governance board and so lower level business managers have a hard time hiring key personnel – more... without it being blessed by the Vatican. They have a tight hold over their cash, more than I've seen or heard about any other corporation before.

They have a pretty decent benefits package with an HSA that they contribute towards. Their healthplan offerings are HDHP (high deductible health plans), with lower premiums than richer healthplans cost...an issue only if you are a high utilizer of benefits and want to pay more in premiums for less in out of pocket expenses. United has a stock purchase plan that is bar none, with a look-back provision for buying UHG stock at a discount (15%) at the lower of two prices over a 6 month period.

I don't find there to be a problem with work/life balance as it's pretty laid back from that standpoint. If you do your work, nobody really bothers you and there is a lot of flexibility in terms of working hours. That is truly a bright spot for this company.

The culture is very plastic. People attempt to be humane and seemingly interested in others, but it's not genuine. Obviously that is a generalization and there are great people there but the overall culture is very fake and inhumane.

Lastly, very few managers have solid on-boarding skills or the compassion for assisting with new hires. Getting systems access, learning systems, learning your job...those are all responsibilities that seem to fall on the new employee. In the military, you don't work independently until you've had adequate training to handle your work responsibilities. So the bright side is that if you survive the first 6-12 months at United, odds are you have learned a lot on your own and proven yourself. The down side is that this kind of experience hardens you and makes you callous...I've seen happy go-lucky people on day one move to being android workers; people who are corporate machines without souls. – less
To many rules to set you up to fail...
Customer Service, Member Services (Former Employee), Sugarland, TexasNovember 14, 2014
Pros: benefits...
Cons: pay, management, over all not employee friendly
One bad call received from a member can set you back from a whole years worth of good to great calls, preventing you from getting a raise or bonus.
exciting and promotional
Service Associate Level II (Former Employee), GeorgiaNovember 14, 2014
learned more claims and billing for company. Helping team members during slow season.
professional work enviornment
Data Entry/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), st louis, moNovember 14, 2014
professional enviornent, the work place was a quiet cal center where you where able to get your job done. co workers were always there to help you when you needed and the management was pretty helpful. what i lied most about my job was how i got ot learn more about data entry and helping others

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos