UnitedHealth Group
1,550 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee), Toronto,ONAugust 8, 2014
Bell is one of the largest telecom company in Canada.
Worked as a backend tester.
great work environment
Product Support Analyst (Current Employee), phillipinesMay 29, 2014
open-door policy
good personnel
conducive work environment
Many perks and they value their employee
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mckinley Hill, Taguig CityDecember 26, 2013
Pros: recreation rooms and free meals :)
In this company you can feel the company's care and concern to their employees. They provide everything that their employee needs. The company offers many opportunity for they are still expanding.
fun work place at a call center. inbound call center.
Health Care Advisor (Former Employee), Howard, WIOctober 19, 2014
Coming to work and taking calls for customer that need help with whatever the job is for, Helping the customer resolve all of there issue before releasing the call.
Management. to be helpful and knowledgeable to have worked as a call center rep and worked there way up the ladder.
co-workers- to be helpful and respectful. to feel confident with there – more... job and enjoy talking with fellow co-worker. No Drama
Hardest part of job- is when you get a call that someone passed away and the person is crying on the other end..
Enjoyable- Helping the customer and listening to what there needs are. I treat them as if I was the customer and do my very best to help – less
United Health Group is a good place to work.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 19, 2014
Good work in environment and pay. Good place to learn Medicare Part D and how to enroll participants before eligibility time for one of the biggest providers. Great management team who showed you how to sale the product to the customer.
Great Work/Life Balance
Appeals Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2014
Great team work, hard to get career advancement, workload is sometimes impractical.
Productive and fun place to work
Java Developer (Former Employee), Gurgaon IndiaOctober 17, 2014
Each day you'll get good challenges at the job, great learning environment and lot of other activities too where an employee can participate.
Processed Medicare Claims
Part D Representative and a Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: worked as a team. if it was mandatory overtime they would buy lunch
Cons: alot of 12 hour days six days a week and after while got exausted with it
I loved this job. But I ended up breaking back 4 times so i was unable to drive or work out of my home. It broke my heart to have to go on disability. They treated you like a person not like just a number. And I enjoyed talking to the customers to verify the info on the claim or answer any questions they may have. All of us on the floor supervisor on – more... down to the entry level people all worked as a team. We worked together and not against each other as in other jobs I have had. – less
excellent work culture and a wonderful place to work
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee), IndiaOctober 16, 2014
.Good work life balance
.Good people to work with.
.Independence to work.
Outstanding job culture and employee benefits
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, ConnecticutOctober 15, 2014
Pros: outstanding employee benefits
Cons: long distance from my home and unable to telecommute in my current position
United Health Group is an outstanding company to work for. They care about their employees, their customers, and the communities they serve. They encourage career development, volunteerism, and charity in which they match employee giving.
My typical day at work is spent in a cubicle doing data entry and speaking with customers and nursing facility staff.
I – more... have learned about the insurance benefits regarding Medicare Part A and the processes associated with skilled care benefits including state and federal guidelines in regards to these benefits.
The hardest part of my job is my commute as I live a long distance from my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the family members of the nursing home residents who I help every day. – less
more then just carpets
Health Advisor (Current Employee), Kingston, NYOctober 15, 2014
taught the hard sell
learned the easy sell
built lasting customer relationships
hardest part of the job was the physical labor which i enjoyed
the instalation team was both professional and fun
productive fast pace
CSR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2014
Provided fast, friendly and accurate check out service.
Balanced register at day end.
Interacted with customers.
Demonstrated excellent mathematical skills.
Maintained a clean and orderly environment.
Completed all duties in a timely manner.
Maintained daily cash receipts.
The benifets were great
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2014
Pros: benifets, customers, and coworkers were awsome
Cons: management
Working for United Health Care was great. The company takes care of their employees.
Better than most, but high stress
Customer Service Representative/Claims (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Cons: high stress, always threats of layoffs, horrible health insurance
This was the highest stress job I have ever had. I am grateful they the pay was enough for my family and I but as soon as I was able to find something else I quit.
Experience
Assistant IT Director (Current Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 14, 2014
An overall impressive organization. I joined as a contractor so that I could learn about the company before joining. When asked to join, I was more than open to the offer.
Great company with awesome culture
Supervisor (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great people, great culture
Cons: lots of confusion, and lack of leadership
UHC is a great place to work with an amazing overall culture within the company. I've learned so much while being there. The team I work with is wonderful, there is a great sense of belonging and dedication among the people I work with. Change in some departments has caused turmoil, but hasn't hindered overall morale. I really enjoy the nature of the – more... work with which UHC is involved. – less
Good chance to grow and learn within my field
Manager, Financial Systems (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
Was able to expand my career knowledge while at AmeriChoice. Great location in Philadelphia.
Productive, Fast Learner, Team Leader, Reliable.
Provider Relations Claim Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasOctober 14, 2014
Pros: employees are rewarded.
Cons: na
This company is has a great working atmosphere. Some one is always willing to help and approachable.
its ok
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Nashua, NHOctober 13, 2014
Its an ok company. There is not as much room for advancement as they say during the hiring process.
UHC
Sr. Medical Underwriting Coordinator (Former Employee), Edina, MNOctober 13, 2014
I really enjoyed working for UHC. I had job security there. I feel that there were not a lot of opportunities for growth or advancements for me. Understanding that I didn't have the college degree but when I went to college I felt that I still would not go anywhere in the company. Its a very hard company to get into. I have heard that it has changed – more... and they are working with employees to succeed in their careers. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos