UnitedHealth Group
1,660 reviews

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee), Toronto,ONAugust 8, 2014
Bell is one of the largest telecom company in Canada.
Worked as a backend tester.
great work environment
Product Support Analyst (Current Employee), phillipinesMay 29, 2014
open-door policy
good personnel
conducive work environment
Many perks and they value their employee
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mckinley Hill, Taguig CityDecember 26, 2013
Pros: recreation rooms and free meals :)
In this company you can feel the company's care and concern to their employees. They provide everything that their employee needs. The company offers many opportunity for they are still expanding.
extensive and thorough training program
HEALTH ADVISOR (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYDecember 16, 2014
This company was my first experience in healthcare, health insurance to be specific. I did learn so much about the industry, we had a rigorous 15 week training.

Unfortunately, it became difficult to transition out of the role I was in, so I decided to leave for better opportunities.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 14, 2014
It was very difficult to stand out as an individual in such a large company, While I was there, they did offer classes for you to get your insurance license, which was a bonus.
Claims Associate (Former Employee), HyderabadDecember 13, 2014
Pros: no lunch coupons for the contract people
Cons: if we work overtime to get payed for that which will be additional benefit for the associates.
Excellent fun with competative environment among the associates which makes individual to perform well, fun activities are really awesome. Management side need to be improved which makes company to be the best among this competative field.
Partiallity need to be dipped down, so that every one feels comfortable and works for the companys benefit.
Positive and challenging workplace
Assistant Provider Installation Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 12, 2014
Excellant company and benefits.

Fast paced challenging team environment.
Exciting opportunity to working with Provider contracting.
Professional and productive work place with a very supportive staff
Utilization Review/Case Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: monday through friday schedule, no weekends or holidays, fun and most enjoyable people to work with
Cons: sometimes the work load could be a bit overwhelming at times
A typical day at work would begin by checking any voice mail messages and returning telephone calls. I would then enter clinical information obtained into the computer for review. Attend any meetings we had scheduled for the day. Help out my co-workers if needed.

Although we maintained a very professional and fast paced work environment, I enjoyed – more... working with my co-workers and we still made our days go by faster by engaging in conversations about our lives and funny stories we had to share. I knew I could always go to one of my co-workers for any questions or help I may have needed without fear of judgement from them and they knew they could always approach me for assistance as well. We worked extremely well as a team.

The hardest part of the job was when one or more of our team members was out sick or on vacation and meeting the dead lines and specific time frames for each individual project was a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working very well as a fully functional team member. – less
Health Agent-Seasonal/CSR (Former Employee), LouisvilleDecember 12, 2014
Productive place to work. Always educating and encouraging employees to advance in leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping consumers to a better quality of life.
Work Force Analyst (Former Employee), HyderabadDecember 12, 2014
Pros: the best transportation provided
The best organization i have worked. Every day a new challenge, new tasks to complete & lot of learning.
Great coworkers with flexibility
Bilingual Telephonic HRCCM (Current Employee), McAllen, TexasDecember 11, 2014
Pros: work from home, flexibility, pto, insurance
Cons: no advancement, the feeling that set up for failure by management, (personal opinion, racially baised for management positions), strict metric requirements that go against your overall performance and job security, always feel like you will lose your job at any time
I work at home making calls to my members on a daily basis. I assess for any gaps in care and I coordinate the care that the mmber is recieving by utilizing different assessment tools and criteria. I enjoy workihg for my co-workers.
large company, flexible hours.
Certified Application Counselor (Former Employee), Long Island, NYDecember 11, 2014
large company with good benefits
hours were flexible

training was lack luster
growth opportunities were minimal in the sales division
Horrible
Nurse (Former Employee), Kingston, NYDecember 11, 2014
Cons: everything
This Kingston NY/NYS Empire company is horrible to work for.
They are very unorganized; they play favorites and say how they appreciate they're workers and that is farthest from the truth . People are overworked and underpaid and the supervisors and managers play games and have no idea what to do. I feel sorry for the member's they manage........Beware. – more... I never enjoyed a day at that employ. – less
Health Advisor (Former Employee), NCDecember 10, 2014
Fun environment but could be refreshed. Leadership roles needed re-examination as there seemed to be very large gaps in communication across departments and supervisors. Would benefit from internal audit. Overall, lots of resources available to be successful but requires you do your homework
Customer Advocate
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), greensboro ncDecember 10, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: everything washorrible about them
Worst place to work. they did not care if you had a family or life outside as long as people were there to answer the phones no advancement opportunitues at all. Poor treatment of employees. Cold management
Overall overview
Sr. Medical Underwriter Coordinator (Former Employee), Edina, MNDecember 10, 2014
there was not a lot of room for advancement with this company. The overall morale was nice. When it came time to reviews hardly anyone got raises ever. It was never in the budget.

Some of the cons were the people you worked with were wonderful and full of knowledge.
Diverse population
Service Account Manager (Current Employee), MarylandDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: no gym at my location
A typical day might include attending new employee orientations in the morning, and sending confirmations of attendance to other employee events for our contractors in the afternoon. Employees are encouraged to volunteer with their favorite charities, and the company offers donations for volunteering over a certain number of hours. They also embrace – more... diversity through community council events, which allow employees to learn about other cultures. – less
Claims Processor (Former Employee), South Portland, MEDecember 8, 2014
Pros: updated technology and great learning environment
Cons: management does not communicate
I enjoyed working at Unitedhealth Group. I learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was talking to people who were very distressed. The most enjoyable part of the job was exercising critical thinking.
Friendly environment
Sr. IT Quality Consultant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 7, 2014
Casual atmosphere, professional. Fast paced. Overall treats employees good.
Great Job culture
Resolution Specialist Sr (Current Employee), sugar land, txDecember 6, 2014
This is an awesome company to work fun we are always challenging the status quo to remain a top insurance provider while providing excellent service and care to our clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About UnitedHealth Group

When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours. We have modest goals: Improve the lives – Read more

UnitedHealth Group Photos