United World Transportation (UWT) specializes in over the road refrigerated produce shipments across Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
We understand that growers, shippers, food service companies, retailers and carriers need a transportation company that can effectively communicate, work proactively, and apply resourcefulness and knowledge to ensure the safe, secure, and on-time delivery of perishables.
Founded in 2003, UWT is stable and has been consistently growing. We are currently looking to hire a number of Customer Service Representatives to join our growing team.
Customer Service Representatives work effectively within the Customer Service department and with other departments to ensure customers and carriers receive expected levels of service and communication with every load, and includes:
- Communicating with carriers to provide delivery instructions and collect information to ensure deliveries are on time and in accordance with UWTs Loading Guidelines
- Summarizing information into daily truck updates, which are sent to customers each morning
- Organizing, completing, and processing paperwork required for border crossing
- Identifying any issues and communicating with appropriate departments as per established processes
- Troubleshooting issues and communicating with customers regarding issues
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Two years experience in a customer contact position
- Experience in a fast paced environment, where there is a high volume of transactions, many details to be tracked at once and tight deadlines
- Intermediate MS Outlook skills and a basic understanding of MS Word and Excel
- Keyboarding speed of 35 words per minute
- Conversational Spanish an asset
Other Important Information:
- This is a permanent full time position
- We are a 7 day a week operation and all Customer Service Representatives work one weekend day as part of their set schedule.
If you think we are a good match for you, go to our website at www.unitedworldtransportation.com and click on Employment. There, you will find more information about working for UWT. Download and complete a UWT Employment Application and forward it along with your resume to us.