Located in Fort St John, this position is responsible for working with key community leaders, volunteers, community groups and organizations in the South Peace – Dawson Creek, Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge. The incumbent will assist communities, located in Northeastern British Columbia, to plan and establish programs and services and build volunteer capacity to address emerging and critical community needs.
Please apply if you have:
- experience in fundraising or community development
- leadership qualities and strong project coordination experience
- great interpersonal skills and a strong capacity to interact with key community leaders and community health and social service providers
- strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- the ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines and goals
- access to personal transportation and a willingness to travel throughout northeastern BC
- the ability to work outside of standard business hours
We are looking for an individual with the above skills and aptitudes in addition to a post-secondary education in community organization, marketing or communications and demonstrated experience in community building and fundraising. Previous experience in a United Way or not-for-profit environment would be an asset.
If you are a committed and dynamic individual who is dedicated to excelling in a challenging and rewarding environment, please apply via email by November 4, 2013, to:
Trevor Williams, Executive Director
United Way of Northern British Columbia