Graphic Design Intern
United Way of Calgary and Area is the largest non-government source of funding for human care and community support programs in the Calgary region. United Way works with its community partners to build sustainable solutions for the future, while providing services today to improve lives of people when they need it most.
United Way of Calgary and Area is looking for a part time Graphic Design Intern to join the Marketing and Communications team, from October to the end of December 2013. Reporting to the Manager of Marketing, the intern will work closely with the Digital Design Specialist to support the creation, production and project management of a variety of print and digital collateral.
The Core Competency characteristics every member of United Way is expected to possess are Client/Customer Value Creation, Planning & Organizing, Change Management, Innovative Outlook, Communication & Influence and Leadership Capability.
Role & Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and produce a variety of print and digital materials, such as campaign collateral, investor relations material, advertising, web graphics and more.
- Ensure design adheres to and complements United Way’s organizational brand standards.
- Create and manage a project tracking and workflow calendar.
- Liaise with printers and other vendors as required.
- Support in the management of project and proof approval processes.
- Actively participate in strategic planning activities with the Marketing and Communications team.
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to create clean, compelling, effective communications pieces.
- Strong understanding of design and production from both a technical and marketing perspective.
- Adaptable and creative self-starter with ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to take direction.
- Knowledge of pre-press standards and workflow.
For consideration, please apply by email (in Adobe or Word.doc format) by 12pm Tuesday, November 5th, 2013
Subject line: Graphic Design Intern
UNITED WAY OFFERS A COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Visit our website at www.calgaryunitedway.org
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.