United Way of Calgary and Area is the largest non-government source of funding for human care and community support programs in the Calgary region. United Way works with its community partners to build sustainable solutions for the future, while providing services today to improve lives of people when they need it most.
The Core Competency characteristics every member of United Way is expected to possess are Client/Customer Value Creation, Planning & Organizing, Change Management, Innovative Outlook, Communication & Influence and Leadership Capability.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Information Technology Director will ensure the organization has the technology in place to sustain the organization’s achievement of business goals and objectives.
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for:
- Developing and delivering on a technology plan that is well accepted by the organization and that provides the flexibility to adapt to constantly shifting and advancing technology.
- Organizational leadership around all aspects of technology design and deployment.
- Leadership of a small core team of staff supporting technology deployment in the organization.
- Effective business usage of technology assets and management of costs and investments in technology.
- Exemplary design and application of security policies, and managing the consistent application of these by staff and volunteers.
- Adequate and robust system and data protection policies and practices.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leading technology infrastructure design and management
- Understanding of the architecture needed to support mobile technology engagement with the public.
- Understanding principles of database design and management
- Management of outsourced services and the use of cloud/remote capacity, where and when these are appropriate for daily processing and remote processing capabilities.
- Effective communicator and collaborator.
- Effective administrative and financial management skills.
- The ability to conceive what is possible in theory and to execute effectively
- Preferred graduate in information technology studies.
- Active membership of CIPS or equivalent association and demonstrated currency in keeping abreast with learning.