United States Steel

United States Steel Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Trying to escape
Steel making (Current Employee), NanticokeSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: wages.
Cons: everything else
Most the management is fresh out of school. They don't know anything about the industry. All they talk about is safety when really it's all about production. No care for the worker. You will always be the one at fault not the company. Just a dirty unhappy place Do yourself a favor. And stay away.
Horrible place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee), NanticokeJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: no tools, no supervision, means no work. great place to sit and read
Cons: supervision, screwed up pay weekly, toxins they don't tell you about, security
I am a former employee from the plant in nanticoke ontario. I would not recommend this place to anyone. They preach safety but if it interferes with production it goes right out the window and god forbid if you hurt yourself because you will be to blame regardless of the circumstances. The environment is terrible and the amount of toxins you inhale – more... daily is not worth the money. They supply you with little or no tools to do your job. They rip you off every pay and force you to fight for what's yours. Management has little idea what they are doing. The union does not represent there employees. All in all I'd say unless your starving in the street I would run as far away from this place as you can. – less
Do not work here!
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Nanticoke, ONApril 25, 2013
This is where tradesmen and women come to lose all self respect! I've worked for USLess steel for the last 6 Years! You will be disrespected, and suffer some of the work working conditions you can imagine, and heaven forbid if you cut you finger! Do not work here.

About United States Steel

Steel crazy after all these years, United States Steel is North America's largest integrated steelmaker and the world's eighth-largest – Read more

United States Steel Photos