Enjoy working for this company.
Pros: pays very well in all positions, work with new people constantly
Cons: work away from home, long hours, alot of walking, consantly working with new people
What i do depends solely on what role i'm sent out to site to fill.
Safety Watch- I sign permits for confined space entry as well as hot work permits
- area watch monitoring my designated area for safe work, proper ppe, monitor levels on my personal gas tester.
- Confined space entry, i monitor who enters the confides space the atmosphere for safe – more... work environment.
- hot work requires the knowledge to use fire extinguishers. monito9ring area around hot work for fires that start up from the sparks.
Lead Hand - i maintain air trailers.
- Rig in as well as rig out air jobs.
- I work with safety watches to help them do there job answering questions and doing audits and coaching.
Qaqc- maintain and function test all requirement on site which include: personal gas monitors. cleaning, filling used SCBAs, and SABAs so they can be put back out into service.
Dispatch- the client comes to me to let me know what there doing, how much man power they need, what equitnment, the location, and the work order number as well as time the job will be starting.I send an equipment order to qaqc they get equipment ready and then i inform the lead hand of that designated area then get the man power ready to be sent out at the time there required to be there with the equipment needed for the job. – less