United Safety is a world leader in providing solutions for safety services and risk assessment consulting in both the upstream and downstream sectors of the Oil & Gas industry.
Currently we operate globally in more than 15 different countries and is aggressively expanding to meet our clients' worldwide demands.
This management position involves assisting operating companies (clientele) with the implementation of their occupational health & safety standards and industry recommended practices. This is achieved through and by United Safety’s policy, standards, procedures and management direction. This is conducted in a variety of environments in the upstream, midstream and downstream petroleum industry, including refinery, chemical, upgrader, power generation, plant turnaround and construction projects. This position oversees all workers including the General Foreman etc.
Responsibilities of the Project Superintendent include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the planning, organizing and control of required activities with input from client representatives (both on and off site) for plant, construction
- Client / Contractor liaison – Planning, clear communication, effective negotiation, and troubleshooting to assist with compliance to client’s rules and policies by client employees and contractors.
- Ensure ongoing operational readiness of all equipment, that the proper equipment is being used for the job, that it has been rigged in properly and that it is being used for the purpose intended
- Ensure that mobilization, deployment, operation, maintenance, inspection, and repair of all USL equipment meets with USL policy, industry best practices, and all applicable legislation
- Oversee mobilization and demobilization of equipment and personnel
- Direct the operation and ensures function, operational readiness of various equipment and testing systems to ensure response quality. Including: breathing apparatuses, air trailers, electronic and tube type gas detectors & systems, rescue devices, cellular and two-way radio systems, two and four wheel drive vehicles and their accessories, various small hand tools.
- Work safely and supervise others to ensure the maintenance of superior QEH&S standards
- Provide ongoing leadership, Provide support, encouragement and knowledge to the United Safety Ltd. General Foreman, Foremen, Lead Hands, Safety Watch and Client. Lead by example on-site and off-site and be professional. Delegate and provide instruction to achieve USL and the client’s goals, and consistently seek to develop all members of the USL team through on-the-job training, informal coaching, and internal/external instruction.
- Evaluation of personnel and overall United Safety performance, performance management, ensure proper documentation and record keeping, actively participate in pre-job / tailgate meetings / contractor foreman’s meetings
- A minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role is required, running crews of 15-20 personnel
- A background in pipe fitting, boiler maker, instrumentation or sour gas operations is preferred
- Experience in accident investigation and cost control is required
- Professional Certification for a Level III – NCSO or/and OH&S Certificate is an asset
- Must have acquired experiences in industrial operations and have a strong understanding of all industrial positions
- Effective motivational leadership skills which includes: mentoring, coaching, motivation and communication, and the ability to direct and delegate tasks effectively
- Strong business acumen with ability to maximize cost effectiveness and demonstrate operational excellence
- Ability to develop excellent working relations with clients
- Safety Practice. Understanding and applying: company and client policies and procedures; industry practices & fundamental OH&S regulation; emergency response plans; specific job operations and equipment. Monitoring: specific work areas; work habits of others; providing and promoting safety on-site. Conducting: drills, rescues, inspections & tests, site hazard assessments and meetings on-site; wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and computer skills
Must have Canadian work authorization, and the following tickets:
Certificate H2S Alive Required Before Job Starts
Certificate PSTCST Required Before Job Starts
Certificate Standard First Aid - CPR Lvl C Required Before Job Starts
Only candidates who apply through our website will be considered: www.unitedsafety.net
“Working safe is a condition of employment”
United Safety is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diverse workforce.