Who is United Safety Ltd?
Since 1987, United Safety has offered customer-focused safety solutions to an ever-expanding energy marketplace. We are at the forefront of industrial safety equipment technology that includes breathing air systems and gas detection systems, along with innovative safety consulting and services for customers with multi disciplined contract work forces.
The company currently operates globally in thirteen different countries and is aggressively expanding to meet our customers’ worldwide demands.
"Our commitment is that every customer and community that United Safety interacts with is affected in a long term, positive manner by our presence."
At United Safety, we believe that we are privileged and not entitled to operate in countries around the world. We feel it is our responsibility to give back to the local communities that support us with local personnel and resources; including donations/fundraising for the United Way, sponsoring an orphanage in Africa, and donations of time and resources to cancer research in the Middle East.
United Safety is currently looking for a Full Time Jr Help Desk Technician to join our IT team in the Airdrie office. In this position your focus is to provide a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable first point of contact for staff seeking technical support.
Reporting to the director of IT you would:
- Provide telephone, Email and remote support
- Log incoming calls, emails requests and issues into the ticket tracking system
- Advanced trouble-shooting of all Microsoft Office Applications
- Level I support of non-standard applications used in the environment
- Manage of loaner hardware
- User management via Active Directory (i.e., membership to software groups, email distribution groups, etc.)
- Advanced trouble-shooting and administration of blackberry and other handheld devices
- Project work as delegated by IT Director
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Director
The ideal candidate must have a strong aptitude for computers and related devices, above average communications skills and an eagerness to learn, combined with an enthusiastic, customer service oriented demeanor
- Advanced knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7 and Microsoft office 2003, 2007 and 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint , etc.)
Familiarity or proficiency with any of the following would be a definite asset:
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Active Sync
- Microsoft Server 2003 and 2008, Active Directory
- Experience with VOIP telephones
- Video Conferencing
- Must be organized, reliable, self-motivated, team-oriented, work well under pressure
and have a true desire to learn and grow in this role.
Visit our website http://www.unitedsafety.net and click on the careers tab.