United Safety is a world leader in providing solutions for safety services and risk assessment consulting in both the upstream and downstream sectors of the Oil & Gas industry.
Currently we operate globally in more than 15 different countries and is aggressively expanding to meet our clients' worldwide demands.
This generalist leadership position includes assisting operating companies (clientele) with the implementation of their occupational health & safety standards and industry recommended practices. This is achieved through and by United Safety’s policy, standards, procedures and management direction. This is conducted in a variety of environments in the upstream, midstream and downstream petroleum industry, including refinery, chemical, upgrader, power generation, plant turnaround and construction projects. This position oversees all workers on site.
- Directs the planning, organizing and control of required activities with input from on-site client representative(s) for plant, construction
- Ensures installation and dismantling (deployment) of various safety equipment
- Directs the operation and ensures function, operational readiness of various equipment and testing systems to ensure response quality
- Ensures that company equipment is inspected and tested a minimum of twice per shift.
- Conduct job observations, risk & hazard identification, incidents/accident reporting, rescue plan preparation, and perform rescues
- Provide ongoing leadership and support to the Foreman, Lead Hands, Safety Watch and lead by example on and off-site
- Evaluation of personnel, performance management, ensure proper documentation and record keeping, conduct daily safety meetings
- 2-5 years in a supervisory role is required, running crews of 15-20 personnel
- A background in pipe fitting, boiler maker, instrumentation or sour gas operations is preferred
- Professional Certification for a Level III – NCSO or/and OH&S Certificate is an asset
- Must have acquired experiences in industrial operations and has a strong understanding of all industrial positions
- Effective motivational leadership skills which includes: mentoring, coaching, motivation and communication, and the ability to direct and delegate tasks effectively
- Strong business acumen with ability to maximize cost effectiveness and demonstrate operational excellence
- Ability to develop excellent working relations with clients
- Safety Practice. Understanding and applying: company and client policies and procedures; industry practices & fundamental OH&S regulation; emergency response plans; specific job operations and equipment. Monitoring: specific work areas; work habits of others; providing and promoting safety on-site. Conducting: drills, rescues, inspections & tests, site hazard assessments and meetings on-site; wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and computer skills
Must have Canadian work authorization.
Certificate H2S Alive Required Before Job Starts
Certificate PSTCST Required Before Job Starts
Certificate Standard First Aid - CPR Lvl C Required Before Job Starts
Only candidates who apply through our website will be considered: www.unitedsafety.net
“Working safe is a condition of employment”
United Safety is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diverse workforce.
Indeed - 9 months ago
- 30+ days ago
Moore's Industrial Service Ltd.
- 4 days ago
- 30+ days ago
United Safety is a leading provider of H2S Safety Equipment and H2S Safety and Technical Services to the Petroleum Industry. Focused on the...