United Rentals, Inc.

United Rentals, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Love it!
Sales Marketing (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2013
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Meeting new people everyday and providing a service to them by solving their needs.
Good company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNDecember 5, 2013
It Was a Good company to work for. Good Drivers team We helped each other out. Good pay. Good hours with lots of overtime if you wanted.
Good Company to work for
National Account Representative (Current Employee), Temple Terrace, FLDecember 4, 2013
Good company to work for, good team atmosphere. Management is very good and opportunity for advancement.
Good Company to work for
Cash Application position-Tampa, Florida
Cash Accountant (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free sodas
Cons: supervisor in cash applications dept is awful and mean spirited.
I worked for United Rentals for two weeks. The supervisor was the most condescending person I have ever work for. Stay away from the cash department in Tampa.
Great company too work for
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 4, 2013
Pros: a vary safe oriented company
Cons: benefits too expensive
Very respectful people , a very safe place to work an a company that awards their employees for every safe month they have.
Lead Administrator (Former Employee), Danbury, CTNovember 1, 2013
Unfortunatly United Rentals had several cut backs and I was laid off from my position as Lead Administrator. Was a wonderful place to work .
Upwardly mobile company
Senior Field & Operations Auditor (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 30, 2013
Driven and focused management, good benefits at top level which does hinder upward progression and there is little to no movement at the top
Equipment Associate (Current Employee), Bridgeport, WVOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good people and work.
Cons: low compensation and not enough hours
United Rentals is an above average company with excellent benefits I only wish that the compensation was better.
United Rentals
Rental Coordinator and Dispatcher (Former Employee), West Haven, CTOctober 29, 2013
Typical day consisted of dispatching drivers for deliveries in the tri-state area. Writing contracts for upcoming jobs. Taking rental orders by phone. Doing site surveys for jobs and present pricing. Inventory control.
Best place i ever worked
ASSASTIANT BRANCH MANAGER & LOGGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Lauderhill, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Best place i ever worked they treat you great a plus all around
Challenging new task everyday
Mechanic I (Former Employee), Napa, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: learning something new
Cons: heat
What I liked the most was taking on a new task or project which I hadn't done before. Most of the time I was alone but sometimes joined by a co-worker to tackle the job
Great Atmosphere
Sr. Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Sandy, UTSeptember 6, 2013
I loved working for United Rentals, I would always be the first to be there and the last to leave. I would greet the customers, answer phones, take reservations, find equipment, etc.

I learned how to take on Customers in a differernt level. Generated creative ideas, respond with a high sense of urgency ensuring client satisfaction.

Worked well with – more... Management.

Got along great with all Co-Workers.

Took on as many task's as possible to always stay busy.

I loved going to work everyday. – less
great
Driver/Customer service representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 1, 2013
great place to work, greta people. ..............................................................................................................................................
Fast paced environment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2013
Pros: benefits were great
Cons: short breaks, could not go to school
Good place to start, but no room for advancement
Co-workers were awesome
Management was fair, straight forward
Large workplace, similiar to a call center
Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNAugust 16, 2013
Pros: occasional treats
Cons: lack of organization
A normal day is busy and stressful for the department I am in.
ok place to work
Sr. Analyst-Shared Services (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2013
Pros: free sodas
Cons: worked lots of hours at beginning of month
grew a lot in my accounting skills
co-workers were great
work life balance was not good
I loved working at United Rentals for the growth opportunity
Jr. Warranty Administrator/Credit memo Processor (Former Employee), Shelton, CTAugust 1, 2013
Pros: they gave me authorization to have access in the catalyst ap system, ar system to monitor warranty credits.
Cons: short breaks
Assisted Warranty Admins on entering warranty claims into the Rentalman system & submitting their credits to those claims.
A great company to work for.
Senior Credit Service Representative (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 30, 2013
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: office closure
A steady work load that keeps you busy, but great for making the day pass by quickly. I enjoyed working with my co-workers we were like a family because we spent so much time together. For the most part I liked the management staff. The hardest part of the job was when you had a client who you knew was having a rough time because of the economy and – more... they had to close their doors. I think the most enjoyable part for me was the coming together of the team to exceed the challenges that were placed before us. – less
Job
Mechanic (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TexasJuly 29, 2013
Cons: low pay
If you work to hard for this company you will work yourself out of a job. So don't perform more than what is expected of you because if you do you will get taken advantage of.

About United Rentals, Inc.

No cash to buy a bulldozer? No worries -- just lease one from United Rentals. The company considers itself the #1 commercial and – Read more