United Rentals, Inc.

United Rentals, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced company with much potential
Equipment Associate (Former Employee), south st. paulMay 23, 2014
united is moving fast but needs to improve management skills and overall company processes.
Repid Driven Rental Industry
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, excellent pay, growth oppertunites, health benifets, 401k, quarterly bonuses
Cons: short breaks, berating from coworkers and managment, very easy to be discharged
Position: Inside Sales Representative
Type of Work: Office, yard, and field work
Learning opportunities: Construction equipment and management
Coworkers: Diverse from varies background and most are willing to help
Hardest Part of the job: Keeping up with numerous tasks assigned while assisting customers
Most enjoyable about the job: Traveling to job – more... sites and seeing up close and personal the marvel of construction work – less
Average stress for a collections center. We make it fun whenever we can.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2014
We are required to make at least 50 outbound calls, plus take all incoming calls. We reply to emails and faxes as well as send out invoices when customers request them. Email is on Outlook.
We do have monthly goals to meet. I have always exceeded my goals.
Professional company
SHOP TECH 1 (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYApril 8, 2014
I enjoyed working with coworkers and felt that management was very professional. I had many oppurtunities for advancement and performed what was expected and beyond what the company expected.
overall good company to work with/for
Customer Service/Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Modesto, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: generous donuts
Cons: management style
Corporate environment, strategies and overall great customers and sales reps.
Great company, solid company, many perks
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Texas City, TXApril 3, 2014
Definitely a industry leader in equipment. Excellent business model. Great opportunity.
Corporate atmosphere.
Service Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 30, 2014
Pros: large corporation.
Cons: large corporation.
The day is fast paced.There is alot of customer inter-action.The company provides a pathway to career advancement.
Bilingual customer service with a construction and landscape background
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 26, 2014
See resume and cover letter for more details regarding my professional background.
United Rentals Inc.
Homemaker (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAMarch 19, 2014
United rentals treated me well, the jobs was a great job, every one of the employees at my location was a good friend.
driver
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLMarch 7, 2014
Pros: new experciences
delivery driver heavy equiptment on a day to day basic this company was a great company to work for long term great benefits the co workers we all worked as a team
Wonderful place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Temple Terrace, FLMarch 4, 2014
Always a fun and enjoyable day at work. The best boss any body could have ever asked for. I really enjoyed all my co workers and handling all the mail
RSC was great. United messed it all up.
Shop Supervisor / Field Service (Former Employee), ALFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management that only cares about bean counting and not about the customers.
I gave all I had to give for six years then they laid me off one day with no warning.
Great company!
delivery driver (CDL) (Current Employee), Clovis NMFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: descent pay
Cons: sometimes work a little late
I deliver and pick up a big variety of construction equipment. Pretty easy job for the most part. Management is really cool and understandable. Pay is pretty descent to start out and plenty of over time but it pays off. Always room for advancement if you are willing to relocate other wise you have to wait depending on the size of branch.
Up to date technology
Lien Administrator (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: while becoming more automated, employment was consolidated resulting in job loss.
This company looked for ways to improve the technology as a whole. While working in payroll, the time keeping & processing went from manual to automated through a web based time keeping system. While working in benefits, the open enrollment & new hires went from a manual process to placing the responsibility on the employee to log in & make their own – more... benefits choices.

While working for United Rentals Service Center & Corporate office, the atmosphere was always positive. There were oportunities to change departments or advance nation wide. – less
productive and comfortable place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: i have none.
I started with them as a temp for receptionist and then was hired on permanately. My typical day was to answer the phone and direct the calls to the correct dept. or person. I sorted mail and reviewed contracts that my direct supervisor would give me before passing them to the president. I also would do other tasks as assigned by my boss. The part I – more... enjoyed most about that job was getting to interact with my coworkers as well as potential clients whom I greeted when they came in the door.

Eventually I was promoted to Accounts Recievable clerk where my bosses realized I would be better suited for because of my dedication to my job and my abilities.

I really enjoyed working for this employer very much. I have no complaints. I was sad that I had to leave to be a stay at home mom. – less
ok
machanic (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: when thye were smaller they were great
Cons: management
worked for them almost 15 years and got dumped when they merged with rsc.they let a guy who didn't know me or my skill release me.everyone is just a number at this company.
United Rentals - Inside Sales Rep
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: working in an industry where no day is the same as it presents new challengs on a constant basis.
Cons: high level of stress in a fast paced industry.
I was an Inside Sales representative that serviced new and exiting customers with their equipment, tool and material needs for their projects. I came into the position knowing next to nothing about the construction industry from a sales perspective. I quickly became a top producer for one of the busiest branches in all of Washington State. I did this – more... by working hard, learning fast by using every available resource I had and with great customer service.

Every day presented new challenges and the job was fast paced as is the construction industry. From my co-workers to the customers, the job presented constant challenges that made the position interesting.

As anyone can tell you, the construction industry as well as sells can be stressful. To succeed in such an industry you must be able to move on, keep a level head and never take anything personal.

My time at United Rentals was my biggest growing opportunity in my professional career. As a result of the recession my role as well as many others was eliminated, however, I still look back at my time there fondly as I made a lot of contacts and friends in the industry as well as learned countless skills that made me a better employee. – less
Great atmosphere.
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: easdy going, lay back, friendly staff, great supervisors.
Cons: temporary position
It's a fast paced work flow. But the staff is really lay back and helpful. I enjoy coming to work every day.
Good company with bebefits
Feild Service Tech. (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: miss manged
Enjoyed working there. Had a mishap that caused me my job. The job task was some times very difficult being as you are outside most of the time. Over all a great company
Busy Office
Senior Collector (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: full benifits and
Cons: short breaks and constant turn around of the supervisor
The majority of my day was in collections, I did however work with the release department in assisting in providing necessary releases so as to facilitate payment.
This job was stable until the decision was made to move the credit office to Modesto

About United Rentals, Inc.

No cash to buy a bulldozer? No worries -- just lease one from United Rentals. The company considers itself the #1 commercial and – Read more