United Rentals, Inc. Employee Review

View all United Rentals, Inc. reviews

United Rentals - Inside Sales Rep
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WA12 February 2014
I was an Inside Sales representative that serviced new and exiting customers with their equipment, tool and material needs for their projects. I came into the position knowing next to nothing about the construction industry from a sales perspective. I quickly became a top producer for one of the busiest branches in all of Washington State. I did this by working hard, learning fast by using every available resource I had and with great customer service.

Every day presented new challenges and the job was fast paced as is the construction industry. From my co-workers to the customers, the job presented constant challenges that made the position interesting.

As anyone can tell you, the construction industry as well as sells can be stressful. To succeed in such an industry you must be able to move on, keep a level head and never take anything personal.

My time at United Rentals was my biggest growing opportunity in my professional career. As a result of the recession my role as well as many others was eliminated, however, I still look back at my time there fondly as I made a lot of contacts and friends in the industry as well as learned countless skills that made me a better employee.
Pros
Working in an industry where no day is the same as it presents new challengs on a constant basis.
Cons
High level of stress in a fast paced industry.

Other United Rentals, Inc. Employee Reviews

worked by myself mostly
Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan12 February 2018
worked by myself mostly and outside, organized the yard , load and unload trucks washed equipment , I helped the mechanics when they needed me, I enjoyed showing customers how to operate the equipment & I liked dealing with customers
Pros
always busy
Cons
working by my self all the time
My first out of town job
Heating Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2018
They really hooked it up again with the job. We started out at the cold lake air weapons range and that was my first out of town experience. The company is owned by polish and they tend to keep their kind around. Some of them are very stubborn, but if you do your job and keep to yourself then you’re laughing!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Rentals, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.