United Rentals, Inc. Employee Review

View all United Rentals, Inc. reviews

United Rentals - Inside Sales Rep
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Renton, WA12 February 2014
I was an Inside Sales representative that serviced new and exiting customers with their equipment, tool and material needs for their projects. I came into the position knowing next to nothing about the construction industry from a sales perspective. I quickly became a top producer for one of the busiest branches in all of Washington State. I did this by working hard, learning fast by using every available resource I had and with great customer service.

Every day presented new challenges and the job was fast paced as is the construction industry. From my co-workers to the customers, the job presented constant challenges that made the position interesting.

As anyone can tell you, the construction industry as well as sells can be stressful. To succeed in such an industry you must be able to move on, keep a level head and never take anything personal.

My time at United Rentals was my biggest growing opportunity in my professional career. As a result of the recession my role as well as many others was eliminated, however, I still look back at my time there fondly as I made a lot of contacts and friends in the industry as well as learned countless skills that made me a better employee.
Pros
Working in an industry where no day is the same as it presents new challengs on a constant basis.
Cons
High level of stress in a fast paced industry.

Other United Rentals, Inc. Employee Reviews

DO NOT APPLY HERE!!!!! Fort Mcmurry district.
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray district7 December 2017
United rentals does not pay OVERTIME!!! They pay on a compressed work week witch means they only pay straight time. No overtime pay. Drivers in the Fort Mcmurry district can make more money working at McDonald's. Heard they might unionize tho witch would be a plus.
Cons
No overtime pay.
Good money and benefits but for the work its not worth it
AZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2017
Management says take your time do it safely meanwhile there just throwing more and more calls on you , everyday is a 14 hour day and I'm not kidding dispatch does not care at all for the drivers
Pros
Cons
Long days, deduct lunch from pay no family life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Rentals, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.