United Rentals, Inc.

United Rentals, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very cut throat management
Service manager (Former Employee), Stoney creekNovember 19, 2014
Cons: management, you are only a number.
Terrible management. I would not recommend employment there to anyone. Upper management cares about one thing only and that is there year end bonus at the regular employees expense. You get sick of hearing "drink the cool aid" and things will be fine.
no idea
Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches bonus
Cons: family ran
Its been so long since I've worked there I couldn't tell you what's its like to work for.
Summary of a day in the life of the United Rentals employee
Heavy Duty Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great safety/team environment
Cons: pay is not the greatest by area comparisons.
To be honest, I love working for United Rentals. My location has a great team of co-workers. They are people I can trust, and rely on in several areas of my eternal career advancement. If it were not for them, I would not have successfully advanced into my Heavy Duty apprenticeship. I would not have had exposure to new challenges with different equipment. And I would not have been able to sharpen my skills without their support network of training course (in person and on-line)

Sadly, the hardest part of my job is the slow state of this season. I'm not the type of employee to sit still and twiddle my thumbs. I eventually get antsy and uncomfortable from sitting idle for too long (typically around 10mins). I have to be doing something. If not working on equipment, organizing paper work, or cleaning my bay/tools. Or helping new apprentices overcome their challenges (if they want it). Some view this as impatience, or "brown nosing". Others are offended and say things like "you're making others look bad". It is not my intention…… And have to learn to follow everyone else's pace.
this company is going downhill fast
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Walkerton, ONNovember 11, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor management
to many people in charge, and not going in the right direction, poor management
Great place to learn new accounting skills
Office (Former Employee), Dunville, NL.April 20, 2013
Pros: challenging position where i learned many new skills.
Cons: disgruntal manager.
Typical day was renting out equipment for contractors or individuals. I learned all aspects of accounting, which I find very interesting and definitely challenging. Management was poor, co-workes were great people to work with. Hardest part of this job was been able to please the manager, and the most enjoyable was different things I learned on the job.
Ok company.
mechanic (Current Employee), Martinez caJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: bad management, poor service and attitude
Good benefits, pay is ok, management is terrible, customers and employees alike are treated like garbage. Rates are high, and the equipment breaks down frequently. Managers come in late and leave early and expect drivers/mechanics to stay all hours of the night. You're never thanked or appreciated for your hard work. Too much of a "good ol' boys" club, it's all about who you know there. No room for advancement, good first job, but that's about it. Kind of a dead end place.
Territory Account Manager
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHJanuary 15, 2015
Responsible for Rentals, used equipment sales, new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, jobsite visits, office visits.
Great fast paced upbeat work environment
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Pelham, ALJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: exposure to a variety of people
Cons: long hours
High energy fast paced environment, customers walk in, phone is ringing, and co-workers are asking questions all at the same time. Very important to develop strong relationships with customers, to ensure repeat business.
Delivering Heavy Equipment
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Loading and unloading Heavy Equipment to job sites or companies
Great place
YARD ASSOCIATE (TEMP) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2015
great place to work and nice people working there. that's about it
Good Company shows kindness
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Get to work, and start safety meetings. If any other company call to rent something we build or assemble what is needed. I learned pre preparation is helpful when very busy.
Productive and great co-workers. Great job enviroment and upper managemnt
Tool Associate (Former Employee), Laplace, LAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches and other supprises.
Cons: alot of the yard is dirt and gravel very uneven ground.
Check in check in of tools, prep tool trailers for exit and return. Assett tagger cycle counts and overall yard maintenance and support. Learning the ins and outs of small tool maintenance and repair.
Great team culture with great oppertunities to learn and grow
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great people through out organization
Cons: hard to manage customer base once it was price before service
This was a challenging and competitive environment to work in. Fast paced high energy branches with a huge support staff to rely on. Had to keep your finger on the pulse of your customer base on a daily basis as the highly competitive marked competitors were constantly waiting for their opportunity to get in the door. It was particularly tough during the decline in our economy as rates became more important than customer service to many of our customers
Productive and enjoyable place to work with great employees
Service Technician III (Current Employee), Metairie, LAJanuary 4, 2015
National Pump and Compressor recently got bought out by United Rentals. Currently we are going through a transition. As a 10 hour day might seem long, it passes by fast here. With a great crew and good management, it's a pleasure to be a part of such organization.
Fulfilling job in equipment rental industry
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Corsicana, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Daily contact with customers in the equipment rental and contractor supply needs. Enjoyed my 23 years at the same branch and the many long time customers I earned over those years.
Excellent Company to be affiliated with
General Manager/Branch Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 31, 2014
Pros: good salary and advancement opportunities
A day that started at 7 and ended at 5. A very fast paced environment with constantly changing situations. The management was very accessible and knowledgeable.
Always working
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches from time to time. the people where fun to work with.
Cons: the dispatch would send people all over with what seemed to be no direction.
This was a very fast paced environment. Especially during the late spring and summer months. The hours can be very long due to customer demand. Management got switched around about half way through my employent and could get a little hectic at times. Although this job was very demanding it was a fun place to work and the people there where great people.
Unsafe and rulebreaking employer
Service Technician III (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVDecember 13, 2014
Pros: working on a variety of different equipment.
Cons: lies, rulebreaking, safety violations, etc.
A typical day of work resulted in breaking company rules so that pieces of equipment could be rented out to customers.
I learned to keep records of everything I did so that management would not be able to blame me for cons of their decisions.
Few coworkers were friendly and nice. Most were in the business for themselves and only cared to complain about things they didn't like about you to management.
The hardest part of the job was the constant lying that managers did to us as employees and to the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was when I wasn't at my branch but on a training trip.
Great company to work for.
Territory / Sales Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent company to work for.
Cons: no down side.
Outside Sales Manager, oversee purchasing department, inventory control.
No room for growth
Accounts manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: income
Cons: not valued
Employees are not considered valued asset. Employees do not have an oppurtunity for input.

1 2 3 4 5

About United Rentals, Inc.

No cash to buy a bulldozer? No worries -- just lease one from United Rentals. The company considers itself the #1 commercial and – Read more