United Rentals, Inc.

United Rentals, Inc. Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very cut throat management
Service manager (Former Employee), Stoney creekNovember 19, 2014
Cons: management, you are only a number.
Terrible management. I would not recommend employment there to anyone. Upper management cares about one thing only and that is there year end bonus at the regular employees expense. You get sick of hearing "drink the cool aid" and things will be fine.
no idea
Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches bonus
Cons: family ran
Its been so long since I've worked there I couldn't tell you what's its like to work for.
Summary of a day in the life of the United Rentals employee
Heavy Duty Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great safety/team environment
Cons: pay is not the greatest by area comparisons.
To be honest, I love working for United Rentals. My location has a great team of co-workers. They are people I can trust, and rely on in several areas of my eternal career advancement. If it were not for them, I would not have successfully advanced into my Heavy Duty apprenticeship. I would not have had exposure to new challenges with different equipment. – more... And I would not have been able to sharpen my skills without their support network of training course (in person and on-line)

Sadly, the hardest part of my job is the slow state of this season. I'm not the type of employee to sit still and twiddle my thumbs. I eventually get antsy and uncomfortable from sitting idle for too long (typically around 10mins). I have to be doing something. If not working on equipment, organizing paper work, or cleaning my bay/tools. Or helping new apprentices overcome their challenges (if they want it). Some view this as impatience, or "brown nosing". Others are offended and say things like "you're making others look bad". It is not my intention…… And have to learn to follow everyone else's pace. – less
this company is going downhill fast
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Walkerton, ONNovember 11, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor management
to many people in charge, and not going in the right direction, poor management
Just a number
Service Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby BCJune 13, 2012
Pros: learning lots
Cons: no backbone in managment
Great venue that I worked at.
Upper managment not able to get respect of employee's due to poor decisions.
Well trained techs
Hard to work with other branchs as no structure through the company.
Great benifits
No room for advancement unless you are part of a "gentlemens" club and the company thinks of you as a number and not a person.
Very metrix and – more... number orientated company and expect you to get them by whatever means. – less

About United Rentals, Inc.

No cash to buy a bulldozer? No worries -- just lease one from United Rentals. The company considers itself the #1 commercial and – Read more