Why Work For United Rentals?
- Wages are extremely competitive and they offer comprehensive benefit packages and employee bonuses.
- United Rentals is the largest rental company across North America offering stable careers with job security.
- With so many locations across North America employees can enjoy many employment options, providing the potential for rapid career growth and upward mobility
- United Rentals promotes and supports ongoing education.
- They offer a fast paced environment working on a wide variety of equipment and their continuous training is second to none!
Position: Service Tech IV
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: $37 - $42/hr + benefits
Location: EDMONTON, AB
Preference will be given to residents of the Edmonton area. Applicants living outside of the Edmonton area will be required to relocate.
United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for a Service Technician IV who is ready to grow their career with the leading company in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals to perform maintenance and repairs of complex equipment with limited or no supervision in a highly skilled, safe, and professional manner.
Responsibilities will include the maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of rental and customer equipment and tools while using a high degree of independent judgment. You will also be responsible for service documentation, training of lower level technicians, demonstration of equipment for customer use, when necessary be able to accurately order needed parts from vendors, and occasional travel to customer sites. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement into the role of Service Manager.
To be qualified, all applicants must have 2+ years of experience with repairing and maintaining vehicles and equipment. General Rental equipment experience preferred. The ideal candidate will have highly developed mechanical background knowledge particularly with various engines, extensive knowledge of construction equipment, an advanced understanding of schematics and diagrams, own the tools applicable to position, and exhibit strong teamwork, verbal, and written skills. Superior customer service remains the backbone of United Rentals, therefore your willingness and ability to provide this to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate. A high school diploma and valid driver’s license are required.
Preference will be given to candidates with Red Seal / Inter-provincial certifications.
We also have management, supervisory, and apprenticeship positions available in a variety of locations. Relocation assistance may be available to qualified candidates.
*To apply please forward the following information as soon as possible:
1. up to date resume,
2. city and province where you reside,
3. preferred location(s) to work,
4. salary expectations,
5. current earnings,
6. available start date / notice period required
7. the best way to contact you.*