United Nations

United Nations Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
International Civil Servant
Editorial Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: being part of an intergovernmental organization, an incredibly comprehensive benefits package and pension
Cons: bureaucracy
Editorial work that is very detail focused and timeline driven.
I have learned a lot about U.N. editorial manual guidelines and standards.
Productive in development programmes
TEMPORARY EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Gaborone,BotswanaMarch 17, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: staff retreats and inter-staff visits
Very productive and busy Organization.I learned a lot about programme management
Work with different angle
Administrative Assistant/Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Ethiopia, Addis AbabaMarch 11, 2014
The work is focused on the countries safety and peace. As it is the UN organization, work with diversity and relations with different countries
An former international civil servant working for peace and security globally
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
Working in a multicultural setting was a very enriching experience. My focus on a team effort towards the organizational's goals was rewarding.
i have great experiance
Instructor of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (Current Employee), srilankaMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free vechiles
Cons: long hours
i have nice experiance also i learned new things..i was a instructor in that company
Enlightening, fun, busy
Communications Officer (Former Employee), NYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: exposure
Cons: being away from home 98%
Travel, long days
Hard work, respect, appreciation of life
positive and involved
mix from all over
travel 100%
seeing the world and its people
Professional international United Nations Agency
Health/Nutrition program assistant (Former Employee), Cote d'IvoireFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: four department, health, education, protection and logistics
Cons: stress management is done after any emergent circonstance or situation
Very high technology performance and work based on competency. You can work with this agency because you want to. But if you really deserve. You will get ready to deal with various projects and have a result of any project management.
You will be evaluated before a contract renewal.
WORKING
Art Collection Manager (Former Employee), Genève, GEFebruary 26, 2014
I have just moved to London from Geneva for family-related reasons and to enhance my work experiences in a new foreign country.

In Geneva, I have been working for the United Nations as Art Collection Manager, with the main duties of organising and managing all the activities (inventory, conservation, documentation, dressing/exposition and ceremony – more... events planning for 2200 art-works).

Before that, I had been working in Torino, my home city, for the Italian Culture Ministry as Warehouse manager and Communication Assistant in charge of the logistics and conservation of the Italian Sacred Art paintings (from the XV century to XX century) in Racconigi Castle (Unesco Heritage).

My second passion is for the jewelry sector. I’m a jewelry advisor for friends and private customers, in my free time. I follow the jewelry auction where I buy the objects. I know the new fashion tendencies and when it’s possible the sector’s fairs.

I’m flexible, organized, I’ve good negotiation skills and the ability to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy and also the ability to stay calm under pressure and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
For me, the attention to detail is essential like the great taste.
Please note that I would be able to begin full or part time, immediately. My enclosed CV details my skills and experience. – less
An International Civil Service Organization
Chief Human Resources Officer (Current Employee), Kinshasa, Dr CongoFebruary 18, 2014
A diverse, multi-cultural, organization oriented to doing good. A peace-keeping mission in the middle of the African continent where politics and doing what is right often work at cross-purposes. It is rewarding work, but work it is. Tough to be innovative in the UN context where the confidence that one has done the best they have to offer is its own – more... reward. – less
Property, Materials and Procurement, Logistics Jobs
Material Specialist - Procurement Department (Former Employee), IraqFebruary 11, 2014
Detailed and result oriented professional with strong history of achievements. Accustomed to handling sensitive, confidential records and demonstrated a history of producing accurate, timely and comprehensive reports for meeting corporate/client expectations and deadlines. Have an extensive experience on finance, accounting and bookkeeping. Proficient – more... in handling tax compliance issues, bank reconciliation, financial statement preparation, payroll processing and payroll tax filing. Strong team-working and multi tasking skills, successfully completes projects within time and budget constraints. – less
UNICEF
EDF Climate Corp Fellow (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Innovating for social change - The best work environment I have ever experience. It was incredibly rewarding to have the opportunity to work with individuals like-minded, with a high intellectual curiosity and an intrepid ability to question processes to create a greater impact.
Provided Career Opportunities and Empowerment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), LiberiaJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: career opportunities and empowerment
My typical day at work was multitasking, being a team player and paying attention to details but above all providing exceptional customer service.

I learned the act of multitasking and enjoyed the ability to use that skills in my daily life. I also learned to understand and work with individuals of different geographical and cultural backgrounds.

Management – more... was great. They were pleasant, always willing to listen and resolve issues and the best possible ways.

My co-workers were very productive at work, team players and self starters.

Hardest part of the job was the very first week of going through orientation and understanding the core values of the United Nations.

The most enjoyable part was being able to serve in every capacity, in accordance with the core values of the United Nations that provided a great outcome for the department. – less
Unique culture with diversity
Project Manager (Former Employee), NY NYJanuary 22, 2014
It was a great opportunity to work here. it is important to keep in mind that the mentality and culture is not what one sees in traditional US settings.
Highly bureaucratic
Liaison (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Mediocre workplace - good mission but bureaucratic headaches abound.
Global Organisation which requires innovative thinking to address complex issues
Risk Management Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Diverse environment offering the opportunity to deal with complex, real world, global issues.
Highly educational and intensive experience
Development Programme Internship (Former Employee), Tirane, AlbaniaDecember 28, 2013
The day started with data entry and wrap-up of the previous day's initiatives. I had the responsibility of keeping project notes during seminars and meetings, and briefing others on the goals, values and overall objectives of the UNDP in Albania as well as other similarly political Eastern Balkan countries.
Amaizing, productive, enriching
Treaties Division Intern (Former Employee), Genève, GEDecember 21, 2013
Worked as an intern at the treaties division for CEDAW/OHCHR
Great platform
Controller assistant intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2013
Huge institute.
Friendly co-workers.
Job rotation.
Productive office.
Job at United Nations
Microwave Engineer (Former Employee), Port-au-PrinceDecember 14, 2013
I worked with United Nations as International United Volunteer, in telecommunications field. I learned how to work with different peoples around the world. My role was to plan the project proposed to National Police in radio communications systems.
Building of trust and gaining of kwoledge
Supervisor (Former Employee), Port-au-PrinceNovember 17, 2013
Pros: free luches
Cons: short break
Expedite assigned work and material distribution / Collect materials

I've learned a lot of things.

I had good relation with my co-workers

Installation of Network backbone was the hardest part of my job

Termination was the most enjoyable part of my job

About United Nations

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining – Read more