Pros: charting with colleagues at break time
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Fuel Unit, as OIC Fuel Operations on daily basis my duties are the following but not limited :
- Monitor closely the fuel stock at all 34 fuel sites of Darfur to ensure the provision of aviation and ground fuel, oil and lubricants for aircrafts, vehicles and generators.
- I liaise and coordinate with Logistics, – more... Military and Police contingent, Transport Section, Generator Unit and with the Contractor/Supplier of fuel, PETRONAS.
- I process and review the fuel request from all the above components of Darfur mission and forward to Chief Fuel Unit for approval.
- I ensure Quality Assurance/Quality Control of ground/aviation fuel and equipment in the Contractor sites.
- I ensure training of UNAMID colleagues at all level/International and National Staff.
The job becomes challenging during the rainy season in Darfur when roads are impassable. To tackle this problem, I plan ahead of rainy season by reinforcing the stock of fuel increasing DOS/Days of supply to cover the entire period of rainy season.
I work with more than 20 colleagues assigned in various hubs and Team Sites throughout Darfur mission ensuring that fuel operations are carried out according to Fuel Unit SOP/Standards Operating Procedures.
I feel more confident and encouraged when my Chief is happy about the work performed by me. – less