United Nations

United Nations Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Property, Materials and Procurement, Logistics Jobs
Material Specialist - Procurement Department (Former Employee), IraqFebruary 11, 2014
Detailed and result oriented professional with strong history of achievements. Accustomed to handling sensitive, confidential records and demonstrated a history of producing accurate, timely and comprehensive reports for meeting corporate/client expectations and deadlines. Have an extensive experience on finance, accounting and bookkeeping. Proficient – more... in handling tax compliance issues, bank reconciliation, financial statement preparation, payroll processing and payroll tax filing. Strong team-working and multi tasking skills, successfully completes projects within time and budget constraints. – less
UNICEF
EDF Climate Corp Fellow (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Innovating for social change - The best work environment I have ever experience. It was incredibly rewarding to have the opportunity to work with individuals like-minded, with a high intellectual curiosity and an intrepid ability to question processes to create a greater impact.
Provided Career Opportunities and Empowerment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), LiberiaJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: career opportunities and empowerment
My typical day at work was multitasking, being a team player and paying attention to details but above all providing exceptional customer service.

I learned the act of multitasking and enjoyed the ability to use that skills in my daily life. I also learned to understand and work with individuals of different geographical and cultural backgrounds.

Management – more... was great. They were pleasant, always willing to listen and resolve issues and the best possible ways.

My co-workers were very productive at work, team players and self starters.

Hardest part of the job was the very first week of going through orientation and understanding the core values of the United Nations.

The most enjoyable part was being able to serve in every capacity, in accordance with the core values of the United Nations that provided a great outcome for the department. – less
Unique culture with diversity
Project Manager (Former Employee), NY NYJanuary 22, 2014
It was a great opportunity to work here. it is important to keep in mind that the mentality and culture is not what one sees in traditional US settings.
Highly bureaucratic
Liaison (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Mediocre workplace - good mission but bureaucratic headaches abound.
Highly educational and intensive experience
Development Programme Internship (Former Employee), Tirane, AlbaniaDecember 28, 2013
The day started with data entry and wrap-up of the previous day's initiatives. I had the responsibility of keeping project notes during seminars and meetings, and briefing others on the goals, values and overall objectives of the UNDP in Albania as well as other similarly political Eastern Balkan countries.
Amaizing, productive, enriching
Treaties Division Intern (Former Employee), Genève, GEDecember 21, 2013
Worked as an intern at the treaties division for CEDAW/OHCHR
Job at United Nations
Microwave Engineer (Former Employee), Port-au-PrinceDecember 14, 2013
I worked with United Nations as International United Volunteer, in telecommunications field. I learned how to work with different peoples around the world. My role was to plan the project proposed to National Police in radio communications systems.
Building of trust and gaining of kwoledge
Supervisor (Former Employee), Port-au-PrinceNovember 17, 2013
Pros: free luches
Cons: short break
Expedite assigned work and material distribution / Collect materials

I've learned a lot of things.

I had good relation with my co-workers

Installation of Network backbone was the hardest part of my job

Termination was the most enjoyable part of my job
Great experience with great staff
Webmaster (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
It was a great gig.
I was happy to help a little mission with little assets.
Even though they had limited assets, staff were very professional and willing to do whatever it take to go above and beyond
Good Organization
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 10, 2013
Pros: good employers
Cons: nothing
Great organization, great experience and lots of people to interact with especially during meetings you will learn a lot.
awesome place
Interpreter/Website Manager (Former Employee), turkeyNovember 2, 2013
that was great company for work there. good benefits and friendly workers.
Productive and multi-cultural
Marketing (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2013
I translated and published 7 official documents covering various subjects dealt with by the United Nations. I led and supported cross-cultural talks and activities regarding Youth Migration with more than 1000 Young Preventatives from over 100 countries to commemorate International Youth Day 2013 at the UN Secretariat. I also arranged meetings among – more... people of different cultures and facilitated cross-cultural dialogue and received by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon as one of the representatives. – less
dryiving
driver (Former Employee), KosovoOctober 25, 2013
I get driving experience in this company and 22 drivers use to work in this building contraction company. My brother is the owner of Ndertimi company
Friendly, and Professional
Conference Officer Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch, opportunity to see high level officials and sometimes heads of state
Cons: sometimes stressful hours
The hardest part of this job is the level of professionalism that is expected of the employees, because of the environment that they are in. Meaning the environment of high level government officials, and at times heads of state. As well as one week in Spetember where the work day starts at around 7 or 8 and won't have a definite ending. Although physically – more... exhausting we were rewarded with time and a half pay after 8 and a half hours.
Other than that the staff is all very friendly, and the separate offices tend to create their own culture of friendship or family. – less
Dynamic, Multicultural Institution with a Precious Mandate
RESOURCE MOBILIZATION INTERN AT UN WOMEN (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 6, 2013
Assisting Program managers in research on solutions applied to Gender issues have provided opportunities to expand my knowledge on the subject. Engagements in assisting in the development of Fund raising proposals have given me a chance to see the practical application of methods and techniques used by such institutions.

The office environment is open – more... and friendly and a rich sense of direction allows the integration of ideas amongst staff. Inter actions among colleagues are informal yet allow for serious work and respect.
The need for a significant depth of information collection, to be used with short periods of time was demanding on occasions.

Serving in an organization with a very valuable cause. – less
new experiences
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 2, 2013
Pros: meeting all kind of people
Cons: no personal relationships
Lively atmosphere, Like a real live melting pot of the world. Never a bad day, enjoyed ever moment. Co-workers was knowledgeable and willing to help with everything.
Very productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant and Team Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: very interesting job.
Cons: short lunches
Provide extensive administrative and secretariat support to the Chief and Desk Officers in the Section, as well as staff in the Field Offices, in the most effective manner.
Schedule and coordination of appointments and meetings with high-level Government authorities, United Nations Agencies and NGOs. Organize and coordinate flow of documents and follow – more... up timely responses. Sort out correspondence. Answered queries on various office matters. Carry out quality control functions for outgoing documents; proofread and edit texts for adherence to format, grammar punctuation and style in compliance with the United Nations's correspondence manual. Coordinate interviews, Section Meetings. Arrange bridge lines for teleconferences. Maintain electronic and paper filing system for the Section including converting relevant documents into PDF files through scanning or conversion using Adobe PDF applications and retrieve documents whenever required. Assemble and distribution of documentation for internal meetings, interviews and workshops confirming arrangements with participants and find venues. Prepare and process confidential information., Make , process and finalize travel arrangements for the Chief of Section and Desk Officers. Coordinate travel itenerary. Prepare Visa requests. Prepare and collate information packages for the Section Chief and Desk Officers's mission trips and work with Section staff to pepare briefings books for Director and Chief of Section. Prepare final travel claims. Get security clearances for travel to the Field. – less
A workplae one of a kind
Trainee, Fifth Committee (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: multicultural
Cons: long hours, stressful
As a trainee to the European Union Delegation to the United Nations, I worked in a team within the Fifth Committee which participates in budget-related issues of the UN on behalf of the EU. I handled highly sensitive information, I analyzed the reports of the oversight bodies and the UN, and I created briefs which were used by the Member States during – more... the consideration of financial matters. I organized coordination meetings and briefings and I directly participated in budget negotiations. I also supported the EU team by fulfilling various administrative tasks. I believe that this experience gave me an insight in negotiation and communication strategies and exposed me to the decision-making process within the EU. Moreover, the experience reinforced my attention to detail, further strengthened my analytical skills and exposed me to the process of reading, writing and summarizing various financial reports. – less
Valuable experience in workplace
Consultant/Program Assistant (Former Employee), New York, N.Y.September 20, 2013
Had opportunity to work with a diverse group of people: all nationalities, religion, culture, socioeconomic backgounds.

About United Nations

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining – Read more