United Nations Employee Review

View all United Nations reviews

So much fun and the salary was really good
Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee) –  New york/Haiti31 October 2012
Translate documents and Interpreting, receiving local people
I learn how to be a good soldier
Nothing to reproach
Some of my co-workers were very down to earth and enjoyable to work with
Hardest part was when I had to go to red zones....
Most enjoyable was all the privileges i had
Pros
free lunches, breakfast and dinner
Cons
certain things

Other United Nations Employee Reviews

Good and healthy working environment
Personal and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Juba6 February 2018
My daily is to Maintain, organize and prioritize appointments and calendar, including visiting schedules of the Head of Mission. Scrutinize and manage outgoing/incoming correspondences, and expedite distribution and follow-ups. To define, provide and coordinate support to Administrative Assistant and other staffs. Organize and coordinate international and domestic travels. Provide advice and counsel as appropriate to staff on way of improving existing practices. Provide guidance and counsel for staff on Regulations and Administrative procedure. Schedule and organize appointments and meetings with various stakeholders for the Heads of Mission. Actively collaborate with diplomatic corps, UN agencies and other entities involve in the peace process.

I enjoy working with the Institution for its challenges and its positive result on vulnerable population. It gives you the opportunity to travel around the world. It is a place where you meet people from different nationalities. You have numerous benefits. What I do not like is sometime the bused of power of Senior Manager.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
8 hours a day
Highly enriching
Delegate social/academic development (Former Employee) –  Bahrain22 November 2017
very inspiring, enriching, challenging and mind stimulating where the focus is on the greater global sustainability and development in a diverse environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4