United Nations

United Nations Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it was a temporare job
Head of awareness campaign department (Former Employee), depends on the taskJune 24, 2014
Pros: a school to learn in both life and work levels
Cons: high exposure of other miserable cultures
It was a great place to work in yet as a start in my career i wanted something stable
alright
Surveyor & Field Engineer (Former Employee), sawtMay 9, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
I like security guard work because it needs too much attention to details as will as wisdom patience mental and physical alertness
pharmacist (Former Employee), lebanonApril 1, 2014
Cons: interesting and much joy
a typical day is a day when I reach my work site a little bit earlier to have some time to discuss with my college in the previous shift about the problems that I may face, Smoothly solve any problem may appear, learn something new from senior co-workers, manage all situations properly and in safe way,
The hardest and most enjoyable part in security – more... guard job is the ability to protect the property of the employer with involving my self in the risk. – less
So much fun and the salary was really good
Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee), New york/HaitiOctober 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches, breakfast and dinner
Cons: certain things
Translate documents and Interpreting, receiving local people
I learn how to be a good soldier
Nothing to reproach
Some of my co-workers were very down to earth and enjoyable to work with
Hardest part was when I had to go to red zones....
Most enjoyable was all the privileges i had
Fast paced, exciting environment
Peacekeeper (Former Employee), LiberiaSeptember 25, 2014
*Assisted in maintaining peace and order by ensuring that factions all stayed in their own location
*Met with leaders of different factions, sensitized them in order to facilitate discussions between warring groups
*Patrolled areas to promote peace
Happy Life in Limited Resources
UN Interpreter (Former Employee), KathmanduSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: chances of knowing life stories of combatants
Cons: not easy access to reach remote camps
While working as UNMIN Interpreter, the most enjoyable part of the life was seeing and understanding the daily life of ex-Maoist combatants in Nepal. Stationed into different camps with family members, both male and female combatants were very much happy with what the facilities were available in the camps, for the reason that they had fought in a decade – more... long armed conflict for a noble cause of state restructuring by ending all sorts of discrimination which were prevail in the Nepalese society under culture, caste, socio-political colours, and so on. As compared to their dream of attaining equality, their harsh life as I witnessed as a UN personnel within their camps was very minute. Everyday they had same level of courage to live for the society. Small conversations with them always used to indicate that they were proud of the life they had, and had never fear of death as death departed very close from their lives on many occasions during their guerrilla career.

I found they were almost iron men and women -- built with a strong foundation of ambition. In fact, I was blessed to learn in my life for the first time practically that which life do you choose: a life like a bed of roses of facilities just living to fulfill usual routine, or a very simple (and difficult life) with a missile of ambition to change the entire society? Finally, I came to realize that one should have a committed ambition to be a cause of change, which is always possible for those who have a will to do something.

Nevertheless, I always ask myself that if you have their towering ambition in your life and you follow democratic path to change entire society, how long does it take to transform any nation? – less
Productive Work Environment
Administrative Assistant to Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), New York NYSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: interesting people
Cons: short term position
The United Nations was an interesting working environment. There were many individuals from many walks of life. I learned alot from working from them.
Everyone works together great, and the mission statement makes it worthwhile
Market & Research Analyst Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2014
My typical day included several administrative and assistant type roles. It was an internship, but the management that took over closer to the end of the time I was there, have good business strategy and are capable people. They are welcoming and always looking for your input.
Satisfying
Regional Security Officer and Special Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: enjoying going to work everyday
Cons: new york taxes
Access Control, physical and procedural security development. Building international relationships. Turning the pages of history and working with a diverse collective of individuals with a broad cultural background.
A good place to expose yourself to a multicultural environment
Internship (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2014
A good place to expose yourself to a multicultural environment
Ambassador (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
A day at work was very intense.
Huge responsibility.
Staff was efficient and very capable.
Lack of experience was a big challenge.
Was rewarding to help others.
Operations, administration and Finance works in the project
United Nations of Development Programme / Project (Former Employee), Abidjan/Côte d'IvoireAugust 29, 2014
Pros: travels fee
Cons: short breaks
Planing of activities, Organization of duties, Monitoring and evaluation
Multicultural life; Management of conflict, Financial analysis
Budget managementt; Financial analysis, Financial management, Human resources and adùinistrative management; Financial report;
Minimum 02 and maximum 12; Professional staff and Support staff;
Budget and finance
Finance, – more... Accounting and budget – less
Great
Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Multi-cultural environment with smart and well-intentioned individuals.
the United Nations has taught me a lot
Programme Officer- Head of UN Women office (Former Employee), Jordan and IraqAugust 11, 2014
Pros: diversity and different cultures
Cons: high bureaucracy!
Very overwhelmed atmosphere, but on the meantime is very knowledgeable and encouraging. Most management are very supportive and the colleagues are just great. High ethics, high standards and great privileges to all employees, the hardest part of the work is you will never get a life balance if you anticipate to grow in the system. Working is almost – more... 24/7! – less
Average working place
Branch Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
one has to work hard to prove one's worth and potential with fierce competition.
Support Information Technology daily operation in the Organization
LAN technician & Help desk Specialist (Former Employee), Lebanon, Syria with training in Italy, IsraelAugust 4, 2014
Pros: happy hours, letters of appreciation and encouragement
Cons: lack of appreciation, ignoring the strong silent achievers within the team, when staff effort goes unnoticed, when partiality and favour becomes a practice, the team spirit becomes fake and staff leave, get sick and take a long leave, anxiety takes over the team then the team suffers, projects could be delayed, motivation would decrease.
I ensured daily with punctuality that Information technology services at available and in use by both military and civilian personnel.
The related issues with computers, printers, emails, password are sent to the desk through help desk software application and is being taken care of . In many cases remote access is done with the agreement of the customers – more... and issues are resolved online.

In terms of management, the job is based on core values: Team spirit, respect of diversities, planning and prioritizing work, responsibility and accountability.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the team has to complete a project such as installation of outlook webmail application or rollout, the team works with perfect harmony, perfectly helping each other and focus on great results. I love working with co-workers who have got or are close to the core values and support each other for the best of the company, I personally invest more time and energy too help a team mate and satisfy customers for the interest of the organization.
The most difficult part if when there is a dictator playing games by taking advantage of other staff's achievements and reporting to the Chief of the section as his personal achievement which obviously the chief would find out through general meeting. We sometimes end up having a weak team that will make any change or bring success because of one staff acting around maliciously, some staff end up leaving the job regardless of money, other staff just get sick r take a long leave ....which will affect either productivity and customers satisfaction or stay an institution with the same repetitive issues.
A good company could definitely value every staff contribution encourage upgrading of skills, continuous learning. – less
fine job culture, but working like crazy
Administration Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: hard working needed
This job is fun in all because every day I can meet different new people from all over the world, and at the same time I can help them with my workings, which makes me feel so good.

On the other hand, my daily working situation is like running like a crazy chicken. I can make it, and I also feel very proud and accomplished to do so.

My co-worker and – more... supervisors are all very nice to me. It is really a good place to stay. – less
Peaceful and fun workplace
General Coordinator Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee), Valencia, VenezuelaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: working with all king of people
Cons: n/a
• Raising awareness of what the United Nations does, indeed, in favour of peace, justice, humanitarian assistance.
• Promote research, information, training and education on the United Nations, human rights, democracy and human development.
• Promote and facilitate civil society participation in the activities of the United Nations, and the great international – more... issues, derivatives thereof, specifically affect them, through the presence in international activities.
• Encourage the construction of a universal citizenship culture of peace. – less
United Nations - World Food Program
Program Associate (Former Employee), Erbil, IraqJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch, transportation, medical insurance
Cons: field work
Iraq Emergency Operation / Syrian Regional Emergency Response
 Managed and collected data from five refugee camps and conducted weekly onsite visits to ensure food delivery and to coordinate food distribution dates
 Reviewed thousands of camp voucher requests each month; coordinated logistics for incoming funds in order to account for all vouchers – more... and distribute money efficiently to implement all programs
 Input data including commodity requirements, financial commitments, and country/regional information into WFP Information systems to maintain updated and accurate information
 Summarized and analyzed monthly financial and operational reports on camp data for WFP management
 Ensured financials such as new estimates/budget revisions, insurance claims, funding requests and cost information was being correctly allocated
 Trained and managed six field staff on commodity management, data collection, surveys and assessments – less
guard
Security Guard (Former Employee), Afghanistan HeratJuly 9, 2014
Pros: helped my country .
Cons: did hard job
Have done good job was honest in my job .keep securety of the company

1 2 3 4 5

About United Nations

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining – Read more