United Nations

United Nations Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it was a temporare job
Head of awareness campaign department (Former Employee), depends on the taskJune 24, 2014
Pros: a school to learn in both life and work levels
Cons: high exposure of other miserable cultures
It was a great place to work in yet as a start in my career i wanted something stable
alright
Surveyor & Field Engineer (Former Employee), sawtMay 9, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
I like security guard work because it needs too much attention to details as will as wisdom patience mental and physical alertness
pharmacist (Former Employee), lebanonApril 1, 2014
Cons: interesting and much joy
a typical day is a day when I reach my work site a little bit earlier to have some time to discuss with my college in the previous shift about the problems that I may face, Smoothly solve any problem may appear, learn something new from senior co-workers, manage all situations properly and in safe way,
The hardest and most enjoyable part in security – more... guard job is the ability to protect the property of the employer with involving my self in the risk. – less
So much fun and the salary was really good
Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee), New york/HaitiOctober 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches, breakfast and dinner
Cons: certain things
Translate documents and Interpreting, receiving local people
I learn how to be a good soldier
Nothing to reproach
Some of my co-workers were very down to earth and enjoyable to work with
Hardest part was when I had to go to red zones....
Most enjoyable was all the privileges i had
Great
Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Multi-cultural environment with smart and well-intentioned individuals.
the United Nations has taught me a lot
Programme Officer- Head of UN Women office (Former Employee), Jordan and IraqAugust 11, 2014
Pros: diversity and different cultures
Cons: high bureaucracy!
Very overwhelmed atmosphere, but on the meantime is very knowledgeable and encouraging. Most management are very supportive and the colleagues are just great. High ethics, high standards and great privileges to all employees, the hardest part of the work is you will never get a life balance if you anticipate to grow in the system. Working is almost – more... 24/7! – less
Average working place
Branch Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
one has to work hard to prove one's worth and potential with fierce competition.
Support Information Technology daily operation in the Organization
LAN technician & Help desk Specialist (Former Employee), Lebanon, Syria with training in Italy, IsraelAugust 4, 2014
Pros: happy hours, letters of appreciation and encouragement
Cons: lack of appreciation, ignoring the strong silent achievers within the team, when staff effort goes unnoticed, when partiality and favour becomes a practice, the team spirit becomes fake and staff leave, get sick and take a long leave, anxiety takes over the team then the team suffers, projects could be delayed, motivation would decrease.
I ensured daily with punctuality that Information technology services at available and in use by both military and civilian personnel.
The related issues with computers, printers, emails, password are sent to the desk through help desk software application and is being taken care of . In many cases remote access is done with the agreement of the customers – more... and issues are resolved online.

In terms of management, the job is based on core values: Team spirit, respect of diversities, planning and prioritizing work, responsibility and accountability.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the team has to complete a project such as installation of outlook webmail application or rollout, the team works with perfect harmony, perfectly helping each other and focus on great results. I love working with co-workers who have got or are close to the core values and support each other for the best of the company, I personally invest more time and energy too help a team mate and satisfy customers for the interest of the organization.
The most difficult part if when there is a dictator playing games by taking advantage of other staff's achievements and reporting to the Chief of the section as his personal achievement which obviously the chief would find out through general meeting. We sometimes end up having a weak team that will make any change or bring success because of one staff acting around maliciously, some staff end up leaving the job regardless of money, other staff just get sick r take a long leave ....which will affect either productivity and customers satisfaction or stay an institution with the same repetitive issues.
A good company could definitely value every staff contribution encourage upgrading of skills, continuous learning. – less
fine job culture, but working like crazy
Administration Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: hard working needed
This job is fun in all because every day I can meet different new people from all over the world, and at the same time I can help them with my workings, which makes me feel so good.

On the other hand, my daily working situation is like running like a crazy chicken. I can make it, and I also feel very proud and accomplished to do so.

My co-worker and – more... supervisors are all very nice to me. It is really a good place to stay. – less
Peaceful and fun workplace
General Coordinator Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee), Valencia, VenezuelaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: working with all king of people
Cons: n/a
• Raising awareness of what the United Nations does, indeed, in favour of peace, justice, humanitarian assistance.
• Promote research, information, training and education on the United Nations, human rights, democracy and human development.
• Promote and facilitate civil society participation in the activities of the United Nations, and the great international – more... issues, derivatives thereof, specifically affect them, through the presence in international activities.
• Encourage the construction of a universal citizenship culture of peace. – less
United Nations - World Food Program
Program Associate (Former Employee), Erbil, IraqJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch, transportation, medical insurance
Cons: field work
Iraq Emergency Operation / Syrian Regional Emergency Response
 Managed and collected data from five refugee camps and conducted weekly onsite visits to ensure food delivery and to coordinate food distribution dates
 Reviewed thousands of camp voucher requests each month; coordinated logistics for incoming funds in order to account for all vouchers – more... and distribute money efficiently to implement all programs
 Input data including commodity requirements, financial commitments, and country/regional information into WFP Information systems to maintain updated and accurate information
 Summarized and analyzed monthly financial and operational reports on camp data for WFP management
 Ensured financials such as new estimates/budget revisions, insurance claims, funding requests and cost information was being correctly allocated
 Trained and managed six field staff on commodity management, data collection, surveys and assessments – less
guard
Security Guard (Former Employee), Afghanistan HeratJuly 9, 2014
Pros: helped my country .
Cons: did hard job
Have done good job was honest in my job .keep securety of the company
Very challenging work environnement
INTERNSHIP IN PROCUREMENT DIVISION (Current Employee), New York CityJuly 2, 2014
Pros: very educative and international environment
Cons: cannot secure a permanent position beyond internship. can be done only 6 months after terminating.
The procurement division works closely with all UN division and services. It is very helpful and instructive to see the impact of your job on other structures.
Great experience!
Assistant Liaison (Former Employee), AsiaJune 29, 2014
I was well trained for simultaneous translation; developed early experience in high profile communication, and diplomac.y
my work with service desk has been,a good exprences & lot of fun as well and also good interaction with diffrence national.
IT-Assistant (Former Employee), MonroviaJune 18, 2014
worked with service desk /Help desk responsible to Log calls, provide first line support using remote tools prepare daily NOC report work with various application like CACTI, averted.
Very Excellent
Executive Branch relating (Former Employee), Ivory coastJune 15, 2014
Pros: free launches health care transport
Cons: short breaks
I got an honorablen certificate for reorganization of meritorious service from Force Provost Marshal.
Translating
Volunteer translator (Current Employee), HomeJune 12, 2014
Translation and proofreading of texts concerning children rights.
Learned a lot
Environmental Affairs Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Loving the experience. People were great and can't complain. Projects were challenging and impactful
Multi cultural environment
Resident Coordinator Office, Jordan (Former Employee), Amman , JordanJune 7, 2014
Pros: exclusive diplomatic privileges
Cons: selective bureaucracy
- set up meeting with volunteers
- go to selected events to represent the resident coodinator
- write local reports concerning current jordanian demographics
- spread ballots concerning the post 2015 goals in order to involve local population
Wish the UN had an office in San Francisco!
Assistant to President of ECOSOC (F/T) (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Working at the United Nations was a true pleasure and honor. The organization boasts probably the single most educated workforce in the world. Not surprising, given the complexity of the problems the world faces and the complexity of the organization itself.

1 2 3 4 5

About United Nations

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining – Read more