United Home Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great environment and very family oriented but the pay was no good.
Receptionist (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Positive environment
Cons: No raises, no over time and the pay was horrible
I enjoyed working here, but if I would have stayed, I would have been making $9 for the rest of my life with no possibility of a raise. The management shows A LOT of favoritism.
Good atomsphere
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 10, 2016
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: no vacation pay or overtime
Good company to work for good people that work as a Team.Weekly pay long term cases benefits for fulltime employees no overtime or vacation pay
Challenging, but I liked it.
LPN (Former Employee), West Monroe, LA 71292February 18, 2016
I was the LPN Case Manager Assistant here. I never had a case manager, so I had to do all of the work alone. Worked in wound care, and learned a lot about those products.
Wonderful Place to Work
HR Assistant / Biller (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAJanuary 27, 2016
This is by far the best work environment I have ever worked in.

The individuals who work there are very understanding.

The staff is very flexible.
assist individuals in their home with daily living activites
Resident Assistant C.N.A (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 13, 2016
It was unpredictable on where & when assignments. It did not give steady work. The staff in the office were very kind. The environments assigned at times lacked hygiene. But is was nice to help residents. Most residents were friendly.
Easy part-time job for extra money
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Interaction with others
Cons: Not enough hours, not good compensation
It was a great job, i loved helping and interacting with others daily. Hardest part about the job was having to leave so soon, not being able to get many hours with clients. Not getting hours period. I learned that everyone is different you have to be careful how you approach people, and respect their space.
I enjoy working at UHC. I basically am in charge of all activities that occur between 7pm Friday and 8 am on Monday.
RN (Week-end RN) (Current Employee), West MonroeJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Strengthen my skills, strengthens my effectiveness in communicating and resolving issues with pts/staff is rewarding.
Cons: It is every week-end.
They have been very good to me. I enjoy the nurses I work with on the weekend and I love talking with the patients. I triage pts, schedule their visits, and consult with nurses on any of the patients health care issues. If there are any complaints I handle them and notify administration of any major issues on Monday or as needed.

Hardest: Every Saturday is really busy. One person answering the phone for a company with over 1600 patients and nurses reporting abnormals, call to Physician, and faxing. It is non-stop, but I love my job.

Enjoyable: I love my job. I love effectively communicating with patients and nursing staff.
good productive workplace
Provider (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: none
what i like about this company the staf were real nice to me they gave me good patients to work with.i learned alot from these patientsi worked with .
Good experience and great work enviroment.
CNA1 (Former Employee), In home careMay 15, 2015
Pros: Knowing I have made a difference.
Cons: Not being able to smoke, which has helped with my health.
My day at work starts by going to a patients house. I cook for the patient, then I clean up the kitchen and the remaining rooms. Then I leave that patient and go to the next patient. Working with this company I have learned how to work with patients with all types of disabilities. I do not get to see many of my co-workers but I have meet and get along with the ones that I have meet. I think that the hardest part of the job is when I am transferred to a new patient and I have gotten used to being with that one. Not seeing the patient is hard but I just move on to working and caring for the new patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to help others that need my help.
Wonderful work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAMay 13, 2015
Staff was friendly and helped ALOT! I was taught very quickly, and my manager was an absolute sweetheart! I absolutely LOVED this company!
Work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Louisburg, NCMarch 16, 2015
The lead ladies at this company are awesome! Very professional and God fearing women! They made work enjoyable and insured me that if I needed help, to not hesitate to call either of them.
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Warsaw, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: staff mentions
Cons: scheduling
A family type of setting is the way employees are made to feel. All concerns are taken very serious by everyone from the top to the bottom.
freindly staff, produtive, and great place to work.
Assist clients (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: working on all holidays
great place to work with older individuals. Friendly staff, organized. always up to date on their information about their companies policies.
Productive environment wit great management and leadership
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAApril 23, 2014
I have built strong skills in billing for Medicare, Medicare and all private payers.
Fair
Oasis Coordinator (Former Employee), Austell, GAApril 21, 2014
Poor work environment, and management difficult to get along with on any given day , I would not recommend to my friend or colleages
No room for growth or change
Field RN I (Former Employee), Ruston, LAFebruary 20, 2014
Started out being a goo place to work but ended up been no consistency. The turn over is very high, I was employed there less than a year and had three different directors of nursing. I was told they would work with my school schedule, but once it was no longer convenient for them, they hired another person fulltime right on top of me who started taking all my patients and tried to start confusion among us.. We both left the job
Productive workplace
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no pay
I learned how to manage myself and work in a team to execute a project.
It's a fun work environment because I enjoy helping people.
Home Care Worker (Provider) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2013
I have very busy days working in the health care field. Since I've been in this field. I've learned to be more patient working with my client who have health problems. Management at United Healthcare is very professional. The hardest part of the job is seeing my client sick. This breaks my heart seeing this. I love a being home care provider because I enjoy helping people.
Small family owned and oriented
Field Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, great managment
Cons: paper work
I returned several times to work for this company. Very family oriented and at the time family owned. Fun days and programs with staff.
Nice place to work
Team Assistant (Former Employee), Winder, GAAugust 13, 2013
Did filing, answering phones, Coworkers worked well together, We worked as a team. The lack of communication in this office.