United Home Care Employee Reviews

Convenient
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI4 October 2016
Do your job there aren't any complaints. Management just take a long time to get back to you in regards to any manner. You don't receive pay raises. Overall, your clients are family or people who grow on you to become like family, so your job never gets boring.
Good place of employment
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI15 July 2016
Overall, the staff were very helpful. Never had any complaints other than minor issues that were corrected. However, there is no room for advancement in pay grade or position and communication times always highly delayed.
Pros
A job that provides stability and willingness to work with all people
Cons
No benefits at all, no pay raises, no vacation
Great environment and very family oriented but the pay was no good.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LA21 March 2016
I enjoyed working here, but if I would have stayed, I would have been making $9 for the rest of my life with no possibility of a raise. The management shows A LOT of favoritism.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
No raises, no over time and the pay was horrible
Employee (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL17 October 2016
This company is very fast paced and is staffed with a great team. Everyone is very friendly and is always willing to lend a helping hand. Over all, a good place to work.
Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GA31 July 2016
Like working here. They are very friendly and kind.We work as a team. We have very good communication skills.We work very hard for the residents to be comfortable.
Good atomsphere
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN10 March 2016
Good company to work for good people that work as a Team.Weekly pay long term cases benefits for fulltime employees no overtime or vacation pay
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no vacation pay or overtime
exciting place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC7 December 2012
Great place to work, I learned the importance of helping others and going the extra mile for each person. Management was always willing to assist with your advancement in the company.Having to keep up with the assignment changes was the most challenging part about the job, but with the right mindset the changes were easy to adapt to. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of being the one who made someone life a little easier.
Pros
making your own hours
Cons
changing assignements and clients
Friendly company with upbeat work days.
Currier (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LA23 March 2016
I wouldn't trade working at United for anything. I feel I am a step ahead of my classmates because I know how to work with people and handle situations.
Pros
worked with my schedule
Easy part-time job for extra money
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NC17 July 2015
It was a great job, i loved helping and interacting with others daily. Hardest part about the job was having to leave so soon, not being able to get many hours with clients. Not getting hours period. I learned that everyone is different you have to be careful how you approach people, and respect their space.
Pros
Interaction with others
Cons
Not enough hours, not good compensation
Great Company with Great Work Ethics.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Home Health Care Services2 November 2012
Obtain and record vitals, assessing pain, recognizing any abnormalities, reporting to proper authority and giving personal care (hygiene, etc.). I appreciate the knowledge and I commend United Home Care highly on their monthly CE courses. I was constantly learning and being updated on Disease Prevention, Infection Control, Pain Mgmt., Elderly Abuse,and Compliance, etc. Management, Office Staff, Nurses, PTs, OTs, and all others worked together as a Team. Once a week Team meetings for updates and input. The most enjoyable part of my job was giving the best personal care to the patients and knowing how much it was appreciated by them. There was nothing hard about my job. I have a passion for caring for people, the way I would like someone to care for me or a love one of mines.
Pros
creating my own work schedule, according to what worked best for the patients.
Cons
work loads not being consistent.
Down to earth employer and open minded
Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL13 March 2013
great employer , i ve learned that nurses are dispensable unless your on the management team. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility of work hours and open mindedness of my employer.
Pros
free lunches on special occasions
Cons
no health care benefits
Challenging, but I liked it.
LPN (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LA 7129218 February 2016
I was the LPN Case Manager Assistant here. I never had a case manager, so I had to do all of the work alone. Worked in wound care, and learned a lot about those products.
assist individuals in their home with daily living activites
Resident Assistant C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC13 January 2016
It was unpredictable on where & when assignments. It did not give steady work. The staff in the office were very kind. The environments assigned at times lacked hygiene. But is was nice to help residents. Most residents were friendly.
Wonderful Place to Work
HR Assistant / Biller (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LA27 January 2016
This is by far the best work environment I have ever worked in.

The individuals who work there are very understanding.

The staff is very flexible.
I enjoy working at UHC. I basically am in charge of all activities that occur between 7pm Friday and 8 am on Monday.
RN (Week-end RN) (Current Employee) –  West Monroe15 July 2015
They have been very good to me. I enjoy the nurses I work with on the weekend and I love talking with the patients. I triage pts, schedule their visits, and consult with nurses on any of the patients health care issues. If there are any complaints I handle them and notify administration of any major issues on Monday or as needed.

Hardest: Every Saturday is really busy. One person answering the phone for a company with over 1600 patients and nurses reporting abnormals, call to Physician, and faxing. It is non-stop, but I love my job.

Enjoyable: I love my job. I love effectively communicating with patients and nursing staff.
Pros
Strengthen my skills, strengthens my effectiveness in communicating and resolving issues with pts/staff is rewarding.
Cons
It is every week-end.
Good experience and great work enviroment.
CNA1 (Former Employee) –  In home care15 May 2015
My day at work starts by going to a patients house. I cook for the patient, then I clean up the kitchen and the remaining rooms. Then I leave that patient and go to the next patient. Working with this company I have learned how to work with patients with all types of disabilities. I do not get to see many of my co-workers but I have meet and get along with the ones that I have meet. I think that the hardest part of the job is when I am transferred to a new patient and I have gotten used to being with that one. Not seeing the patient is hard but I just move on to working and caring for the new patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to help others that need my help.
Pros
Knowing I have made a difference.
Cons
Not being able to smoke, which has helped with my health.
It's a fun work environment because I enjoy helping people.
Home Care Worker (Provider) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC1 December 2013
I have very busy days working in the health care field. Since I've been in this field. I've learned to be more patient working with my client who have health problems. Management at United Healthcare is very professional. The hardest part of the job is seeing my client sick. This breaks my heart seeing this. I love a being home care provider because I enjoy helping people.
Great place to work with fixed schedules
Roxboro (Former Employee) –  Certified Nursing Assistant5 November 2011
United Home Care is a wonderful place to work at. It has wonderful fixed schedules that yourself and company agree to work. The pay is affordable to work with.
Pros
management great, hours, life balances great.
Fair
Oasis Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austell, GA21 April 2014
Poor work environment, and management difficult to get along with on any given day , I would not recommend to my friend or colleages
No room for growth or change
Field RN I (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LA20 February 2014
Started out being a goo place to work but ended up been no consistency. The turn over is very high, I was employed there less than a year and had three different directors of nursing. I was told they would work with my school schedule, but once it was no longer convenient for them, they hired another person fulltime right on top of me who started taking all my patients and tried to start confusion among us.. We both left the job

4.2