United Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBAugust 19, 2015
Typical day is marketing furniture and appliances and more. Ongoing training, building relationships with customers and staff, and co-ordinating with contractors. Hardest part of the job had to be trying to compete with other businesses in the same market. Best part of the day was succeeding in making the business grow.
Pros
Friendly courteous staff, excellent training and benefits
Cons
could have long days with low traffic when weather was too hot or cold
never say any bad thing where you work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 27, 2016
part of brick group

learned a lot of 7 steps of selling every minute
i am in management very helpful give you all tolls to improve yourself and to help y at your job
i did:t find any hardest part except if you don't know the system which you are using

every day at work i love my job
competitive commission based environment
Commission sales (Current Employee) –  ottawa onJune 6, 2014
A typical work day for me includes a daily trigger talk meeting every morning that explains the sales and promotions. When that is done, we choose an area to clean in order to make sure the store is in tip-top shape. My work invironment gets pretty competitive due to the fact that all the employes are eager to make and close sales. not only do we have to make a sale , but we also have to make sure we include add on's to our sales such as accessories for the rooms, or pillows and mattress pads for the mattresses. I also have to make sure i get warranties and payment protection plans. The hardest part of the job is having to wait for a customer to come into the store due to the fact that some days are dead and slow. I have to do my best to first listen to what the customer wants , build a relationship with the customer, then make sure i show the customer exactly what they need and explain all the features and benefits of the product.The most enjoyable part of my job is the work environment and working with my fellow employes. Although it can be dead sometimes , we keep each other occupied and maintain an enjoyable, fun but professional environment.
Pros
money
Cons
hours with out pay, only commission
Good show
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 20, 2016
good people good management great product awesome customers what more could you ask for when you can wake up every morning and love your job you know its a great place to work
productive and fun place to work and learn the ins of sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  pitt meadows BC.October 6, 2015
it was an alright place to work the management was supportive and the co-workers were easy to learn from the most enjoyable part of the job was that the senior sales associates were willing to help teach
Physically demanding
Assembler/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 29, 2015
Great environment.. Loved assisting customers with carry outs. I found it physically demanding at times but that is just the nature of the position.
Pros
Great working with customers
Cons
physically demanding
Productive and Fun Workplace
Shipping & Receiving Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 23, 2012
I enjoyed working at the main distribution office. I found a typical day to be productive, fast pace enviroment at times, enjoyed working with customers and co-workers. I learned a new computer system for the Warehouse and learning shipping and recieving. Management was friendly and supportive. I enjoyed working with my co-workers as they were very much team players. Hardest part of the job may have been estimating time of arrivals. Most enjoyable part ot the job was working with such great bunch of guys.
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
balancing work/home life
Great fun workplace
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 23, 2014
A typical day at work is a very enjoyable atmosphere.
I learned how to work in a warehouse, scan product, train employees and attend to customers concerns.
The management was excellent, very professional and family comes first with them.
My co-workers were awesome as well.
The hardest part of my job, can't think of any.
The most enjoyable part of my job, was the co-workers and the management.
Pros
excellent management
Overall thoughts
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBMarch 17, 2013
I enjoy meeting and greeting customers and doing my best in helping them find what they are looking for. I have learnt that not everyone will buy something right away but treat them right and you may have some of them come back later. Try and build a good one on one relationship with them all. The manager has a bit of ego inflation from time to time and gets stressed out fairly easily in managers role, when not in managers role pretty good to get along with. My co-workers at time like to jump in on deals I make so as to get some of the commission. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to remember all the facts of each product and what is on sale and what is not and what codes you need for certain sales. The most enjoyable part is greeting and meeting the customers and doing my best to help them out, and I do not mind assembling the various types of furniture.
Pros
learning good pr and customer skills
Cons
short hours only minimum wage only half or one quater commission
Productive enjoyable work enviroment
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 12, 2013
I have worked at United Furniture for three years come this January. I have enjoyed my time there, I started out as the customer service representative and have moved my way up to the Operation Supervisor position. There out the day I go through many different tasks just as answering the phone as well as, I go through invoices to fill product that has come into the disruption centre in order to get the product out to the customer. I also handle when the customers are having an issue with their product when it damaged or when they are making a claim from there extended warranty. I can also do a little work in the warehouse. I keep an organized work environment by keeping messages when I answer the phone and keep notes of tasks that I need to do through the day or when something comes up that needs to get done. I have a great work environment everyone I work with we have all become like a family we work very well together and I can always go to my manager when I have question or when I need help with something that I can not figure out. The hardest part of this but I would also say the thing that has made me a better stronger person is gaining more responsibility, Then I thought I was qualified for. Im happy that I got pushed into this role because I love going to work every day.
Pros
the customer relationships i have created
Cons
the long hours
friendly zone
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 15, 2014
Going into work each and everyday was exciting, for my co-workers were all friendly, and we would always try to help each other in any way possible. The staff got along so well, as if we were all family. A few months in working for the company, the store manager, general manager, and operations manager were all transferred to different locations within the span of 6 months. The fun and exciting environment began to fade, and so did the employees, one by one.
Pros
everyone was treated equally and respectfully
Cons
managers were transferred
was a great place to work
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJanuary 20, 2014
typicvcal day involved all aspects of retail furniture sales. I loved that even thou i worked out of 1 main location, every day was different due to cusrtomers coming in to shop
Pros
learned many good skills
Cons
management hours
Good Job, Had Fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  winnipegJuly 2, 2014
Good job, learned how to keep track of inventory, co workers were all right, got a long with all, most enjoyable part was helping customers, quit to focus more on school, and because it was to far from school. No longer a problem now that I have graduated.