United Cycle has been a part of Old Strathcona for over 85 years and continues to support many associations and communities in and around Edmonton and throughout Alberta.
United Cycle is proud of its expert staff. At United, the value of a purchase includes knowledgeable advice. Our staff operates in a professional manner and strives to maintain a high level of expertise. Our pros in every department will give you the personal, individualized support you require -- and deserve!
We are currently looking for a Digital Strategy and Communications Coordinator to join our team full-time!
DIGITAL STRATEGY AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop and implement digital strategy in a sports related environment, research and recommend new platforms based on current trends, share your expertise in Twitter ads, Facebook ads, ad words, and search optimization, ‘spread the word’ about current sports products and trends, and share the latest news from relevant industry leaders!
What you will bring…
- A passion and interest in all things sport!
- Degree in communications and/or marketing preferred
- 1-3 years managing both online content and engagement in the online community (including paid social media)
- Current participation in all major digital media platforms
- 2+ years’ of experience in the development and implementation of an effective and successful digital strategy
- Knowledge of Joomla! and Adobe Suite preferred
- Experience managing web content, including familiarity with HTML and CSS, and an understanding of web-related platforms and technology
- Proven ability to write engaging, thoughtful, and creative pieces
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work within tight deadlines
What you get…
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Generous staff purchase program
- Job and sport specific product training provided
- Get to work, (and at times play), in a sports-centric environment
- Work with like-minded people who share a love of the game
At United Cycle, we believe in an active, healthy and balanced lifestyle! If you are friendly, enthusiastic and team-oriented with an in-depth knowledge and passion for sports, submit your application online today.
If you are interested in this position please submit a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department. A writing sample may be requested.