As Alberta’s largest sporting goods store, United Cycle is looking for a passionate Merchandise Manager to run the bike operations. The qualified candidate will have previous experience running a bike store, which would include; hiring, purchasing, mentoring staff, implementing budgets, and ensuring the operations run efficiently and profitably. Looking for a great opportunity to grow your experience? Apply today for your chance!
The Merchandise Manager is accountable for the profitability and overall positive sales growth for the Bike Division at United Cycle. This includes all aspects of marketing, sales presentation, assortment, pricing, gross profit, inventory control, and expenses. The Merchandise Manager directly supervises the Floor Manager, all the buying functions, as well as the Parts and Service Manager to ensure the efficient and profitable operations of the Bike business at United Cycle.
- Establishes annual sales and gross profit goals, including the establishment of the plans to attain these goals
- Responsible for Inventory control, floor layout, merchandising direction, and implementation
- Provides input into the company’s business plan as it pertains to merchandise strategy (product mix, brands, etc.) and operations
- With input from bike managers and senior sales, identifies the need for in-house product catalogs and brochures, and implements this process through the marketing department
- Performance management regarding development, challenges, and growth opportunities for all bike store staff
- Makes recommendations for recruitment, selection, and termination of these positions, as required
- Is aware of our competition in the marketplace an ensures that United Cycle responds appropriately to all changes & opportunities
- 5 years of direct buying/purchasing experience
- 5 years supervisory experience in related environment
- Strong knowledge of related products and categories
- Experience in budgeting and analysis of reports
- Proficiency with computers and keyboarding skills (Excel/Word proficiency)
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people, able to work cooperatively on a team
- Secondary education and or certificate/diploma in management, sales and marketing, merchandising and supervision
What we offer:
- Through our grassroots marketing initiatives, opportunities will exist to work outside of our store in the sports community
- United Cycle believes in an active, healthy, and balanced lifestyle
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Generous staff purchase program
- Job and sport-specific product training provided
Indeed - 12 months ago
United Cycle is a fourth generation family owned, independent Sporting Goods Retailer. We have been in Edmonton within the Strathcona area...