United Airlines

United Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hardest Part of the Job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 19, 2014
Pros: free flight benefits
Cons: reserve, no free time on overnights, no outside life.
Working for an airline is a dream for a lot of people. For me the chance to travel the world was the most important. I have traveled the world and working for an airline maybe a cheaper way to fly but I would rather pay for my flights and explore than be overworked and resent traveling.
Good environment
Senior Analyst - Marketing Optimization Systems (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 18, 2014
job is different everyday
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: bad eating habits always on the go
meeting new people on a daily basis as well as the interaction with my fellow co-workers
Safe Work Environment
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the variety and unique experience
Cons: an unreliable schedule
I learned to work in a professional and safe manner. Every flight was a new experience. Some days the skies were smooth and other days provided many challenges from weather to mechanical delays. I worked in a team environment where we all focused on customer satisfaction.
A good company to work for
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), ChicagoApril 15, 2014
If you like to travel, joint UA.
Work in office is quite different work at airport. We had good employees to serve the customers.
Good place to work with bennefits
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
The company has moved many jobs out for Houston to Chicago when United and Continental Airlines merged.
Continuous change, great travel benefits, nice people to work with
Project Specialist (Former Employee), ChicagoApril 13, 2014
Pros: great travel benefits
Cons: continuous change with sometimes a reluctance to change
A fun place to work if you want to be a change agent. Continuous change, great travel benefits, nice people to work with.
Wonderful
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2014
This was my favorite job. I was a flight attendant helping customers with baggage to finding their seats. serving food, snacks and drinks. All of my co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was the hours. But I love to travel.
Fun workplace
Executive Operations [UNITED AIRLINES] (Former Employee), MumbaiApril 10, 2014
Enjoyed working with United Airlines, highly professional organisation. Learned a lot and gained good experience. Had training for Fastress(Sabre). Management was excellent, was always there to help the employees. Management and co-workers were very much motivating. We were a team, it was a team work, taking initiative ,learning and teaching each other. – more... Every weekend had games as stress buster and every month had team outing.
The call flow was very high and at times it becomes little difficult when it comes to flight cancellation or delays. Most enjoyable part of the job was to handle an irate passenger, understand and think from there point of view and solve there problems by giving good customer service. – less
Intermational Flight Attendant approximately 15years
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: customers and traveling
Cons: extended day away from home
Gave exceptional in-flight customer service
Learned multicultural skills and how to embrace many diverse people
Worked well with others and enjoyed the long hours and long days.
Traveling and meeting people was very enjoyable
INTERESTING PLACE TO WORK.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2014
Pros: flight & health benefits
Cons: company is currently experiencing a merger making it difficult to move up the career ladder.
Typical day of work consists of checking in passengers and preparing their bags for their international or domestic flights. Collecting bag fees. Assisting with general flight information. Occasionally making flight reservations. Meeting Aircraft, boarding flights and making flight info & boarding announcements.

I've learned patience and to have a – more... thick skin because we interact with people from all walks of life and an innumerable amount of cultures who aren't necessarily accustomed to American customs. Or with either our VIPs or simply the unseasoned travels and sometimes there can be a breakdown with communication which sometimes does get difficult to handle.

The hardest part of the job is the ever-evolving airline industry including mergers, layoffs, pay cuts among other things.

The most enjoyable part is the flight privileges. I've been so many places I would have never seen or met so many people I would have never met had it not been for this job. – less
Standard retail job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Millbrae, CAApril 5, 2014
I'd rather not say. Think really hard if you think this is a career path for you.
Experience for a lifetime
Plane side operations (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 4, 2014
Pros: you could get trained for positions not otherwise available to the public.
Cons: you're subject to fill spots of other employees and the responsibility of that job.
Working at united was an experience for a lifetime. I learned a lot about large machinery and working under FAA Regulations. In addition to the traveling benefits. Overall it was decent company to work for. The wage progression was 5 years vs. other airlines in the industry.
exciting place to work if you like airplanes.
Ramp Serviceman (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great people
Cons: never knowing exacting what job position i would be doinguntill i arrived at work.
the typical work day at this job was, very repuitious, lifting either mail or bags. every flight was on a schedule, so i had to learn to have the mail or baggage ready on time. I learned to be punctual. If anyof our flights were heavy and I needed help or my co-worker need help we learned to help one another. The hardest part of the job was lifting – more... baggage or mail that was to heavy. The most enjoyable part of my job was my friends, and doing the fund raiser for our fellow employees. Some of these people I new and some I had never met, all in all the job was a great job. – less
Challenging and fun place to work with United Airlines
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sterling, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: i get to travel a lot
Cons: short breaks
During an irregular operation a typical day will be very challenging. Sometimes people get frustrated because of the cancellation of the flights. As a customer services representative I try my best to calm them and try to accommodate them as needed. I learned a lot about the ticketing and soft customer service skills from this place. I am very fast – more... at issuing tickets or checking in customer in short amount of time. The most enjoyable part of this job is I get to see many kinds of people around the world. I really love working with this company. – less
A great friendly atmosphere
Customer, Service, Agent, Ramp (Current Employee), Newark, NJMarch 31, 2014
Pros: i can fly for free
Cons: winter weather is the worst but a hot is not pick nick
The weather plays a big roll in a simple easy day or a hard slave driving day if the weather is bad everything stops and there is mandatory overtime so employees most stay until thing are back in order.
But if the weather is good things run like clock work.
NA
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free medical
Cons: na
Nothing to say bad they had good benefit, learn about planes how thing are run behind the airport worker are good.
Comfortable office environment.
Service and Sale Agent (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2014
Fast paced, service oriented sales job, friendly working environment.
Enjoyable work place
Reservation Clerk (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 30, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: pay, hours
Take inbound calls from clientele to make flight arrangements and sell flight benefits.
Since the Continental and United merger, things are going downhill.
Utility Mechanic/Flight Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, Tx.March 27, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: no mid management presence. low pay, long hours, continuing to work on projects outside of your work description.
Continental was a great company with excellent customer service and a great corporate culture. United is the total opposite. Policy has changed and work loads doubled. Salary and hourly rate decreases. No management support.

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos