United Airlines

United Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NA
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free medical
Cons: na
Nothing to say bad they had good benefit, learn about planes how thing are run behind the airport worker are good.
Comfortable office environment.
Service and Sale Agent (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2014
Fast paced, service oriented sales job, friendly working environment.
Enjoyable work place
Reservation Clerk (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 30, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: pay, hours
Take inbound calls from clientele to make flight arrangements and sell flight benefits.
Since the Continental and United merger, things are going downhill.
Utility Mechanic/Flight Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, Tx.March 27, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: no mid management presence. low pay, long hours, continuing to work on projects outside of your work description.
Continental was a great company with excellent customer service and a great corporate culture. United is the total opposite. Policy has changed and work loads doubled. Salary and hourly rate decreases. No management support.
Dysfunctional Work Environment
Ramp Serviceman (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: decent travel and medical benefits offered
Cons: low pay, unprofessional, dangerous work environment
If you enjoy repetitive, low paying, potentially dangerous, manual labor, a dysfunctional work environment with a majority of unprofessional co-workers then United Airlines may be the job for you. A typical day consist of loading/unloading aircraft as well as directing them when they arrive and depart. This is usually with a great deal of under staffing. – more... This means no more than two people may be working a flight at any given time for example. As an employee of this company you are more than likely going to be viewed as just a body instead of a valued individual. The hardest part of the job is not the work itself but being subjected to tyrannical, privacy invading, profanity using, co-workers and management on a daily basis. There are also heavy company politics at play which are often a part of your typical work day. On the other hand, if you are someone already working and looking for part time money, decent medical/travel benefits, and can withstand the things mentioned above feel free to apply. The benefits offered in this position can somewhat enhance your life on the outside but is often an even trade for a miserable work experience. – less
Great Job But....
CSR / GSC (Current Employee), Warwick, RIMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free flight 24/7
Cons: less hours
Great Job However you fear that they are going to outsourse you to DGS or American Eagle.
Excelent environment
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee), SFOMarch 18, 2014
It was a temp job for the holidays. It was positive experience.
Very profecional and and great skeels
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: get to know diferent cultures
The best service ,with a very profecional Safety and confort to all passanger and Crew.
Prodective
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
• Responsible for Analysis, Design, Development, Integration Testing, User Acceptance testing, Implementation and Maintenance stage
• Used Struts1.1 for building the application.
• Interacted with business users to gather and document the requirements
• Development of Oracle views and unit testing.
• Created Tables and Views in Oracle 9i.
• Created – more... SQL scripts for testing.
• Unit Testing & Stage Testing. Deployment and support
• Mentoring and knowledge transfer to new recruits and fellow developers – less
Customer Services Support
Sales Promotion Officer (Former Employee), Lahore , PakistanMarch 11, 2014
Selling UA product in market and making challenges to take over the business from other American carriers, etc. Providing customer support with excellent services at united airlines desk and entertaining them with our latest updates.
I loved this challenging job.
Fly the Friendly Skies - friendly culture
Communication & Special Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2014
Pros: travel privileges
The work experience at a world class leading airline is fantastic. The invigorating thrive to raise the bar every year to be best in class is priceless. Come to work and stay for the best Working Together culture.
Aweosome place to work!
Sales Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 10, 2014
Pros: awesome
Cons: awesome
Everything great about this place! You meet alot of great people,everyone willing to help
Amazing Flight Benefits
Executive Account - NHC Reservations (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: awesome flight benefits
Cons: bad weather cancelling flights
I started work with Continental Airlines and loved building a brand that serviced passenger in a fun and upbeat atmosphere. I had the opportunity to do a variety of work and thrived on the changes that were everyday in the airline business. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers plan an itinerary that gets them to their destinations – more... within the parameters requested. – less
Fun place to work and great benifits
Ramp Agent-RC Lead (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2014
I learned how to work with a great pace and complete a job on time and with proficicy
Great place to work with extended bennfits
Sales Manager - Specialty Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 7, 2014
Pros: flight bennfits
Cons: low pay
The growing culture over the years will continue to allow this company to grow sales in the comming years.
Good
Ramp Serviceman (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: weather
Good company to work for with a lot of benefits. Management is efficient and co-workers are friendly and hard working colleagues.
Busy place
Full-Time/Part-Time - CSR (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 6, 2014
Cons: early mornings - late nights - weekends
I am looking for Part-Time Reception work as at present I work a London Heathrow Airport - early mornings (start 05.00 or late shift ending at 23.30) I have good people skills, organised and IT skills.

My colleagues are great, its the early mornings and late nights, also only having one weekend in six off.

I check-in passengers for flights so meeting – more... people is the enjoyable part of the job – less
80K employees since merger. Extremely busy work environment. Coworkers are the best team I have met.
Payroll Support Representative-Benefits (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: metro pass subsidized
Cons: poor 401k match, too far from tunnels for lunch time.
Due to the large employee population emails and phones are a critical part of the work day. You learn quickly to work efficiently and effectively.
No matter how much you think you may already know or have experienced, there is always something new coming across your desk. It is a daily learning process.
I am fortunate to have as my direct manager a – more... very knowledegable, pleasant and calm personality. There are multiple fires to put out daily and we are never left to feel that we can not interrupt her and have her attention.
Cross training is an ongoing process for our team. We all have our individual desks to maintain, but in a pinch we can all pitch in and work as one and get the job done.
The most difficult and enjoyable aspect of this job is the interaction with people. Your patience is tested daily when dealing with an angry employee. There are some that no matter what you say or do you will not be able to appease them. By far the majority of employees are polite, grateful and even helpful. – less
Good company, good benefits
Reservation Agent - Foreign language desk Dutch (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 6, 2014
Like the fact that I can work from home, that is a fantastic perk.
I have learned many new customer service skills at this job.
Management is great to work with and my coworkers are all great people. I don't see them very much as I work from home, but can keep in touch by instant message.
The hardest part of the job is working in the middle of the night, – more... as it is foreign language and need to be available for those customers oversees. I do like speaking with lost of different passengers. Most are very friendly. – less
Convenient work location in Chicago downtown
Information Technology PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Pros: accessible by public transport
Cons: contract job with minimum benefits
Tight deadlines for project with limited authority to Project Manager

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos