United Airlines

United Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad Experience
Chelsea Food Services (Current Employee), Houston, TxJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: let me think...no much..0.50 lunch, fly benefits
Cons: hr not protect the employee because no union. rise around $0.26 every year
I have experience in others big companies, I still working in Chelsea-Subdivision of United- and I'm really disappointment, co-workers very rude attitude and the managers too...they don't cooperate with the associates, spend all day in they offices eating or spending time in facebook.

A typical day is stresses even in your lunch, you can't go outside – more... of the building only can spend time in the cafeteria (lunch). If you say something about the preferences they look to you like a bad boy w/bad attitude (leader and managers) . HR knows this but they don't do nothing cause they are friends.

Learn...nothing

The managers and the leaders are very lazy and have bad attitude with the associates. The manager of the managers can't tell you good morning when is close to you every day, in the meetings she's rude, has preferences for any reason isn't what you expecting.

The hardest part of the job: BAD PAY, management and growing opportunities bad too. No flexible schedule. You can fly...technically but is lie cause you don't have time...need to work and when you can fly you don't have money to spend. People with 10+ years like a employee only earn $11 h. This is around $1 of difference with new people. No overtime.

Good:...let me think...no much..0.50 lunch, Fly benefits

is $20-21 K by year bad salary for a lot work.

I'm looking a new job.

I heard that in other divisions is good to work with them, but I don't know because they never called me for an interview even when I applied for other position ... so you can see as the company is... – less
Lack of Communication
Sales Representatve (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: the upper management team
The agents are great, Management is insensitive and selfish they only care about themselves. I have never worked for a Company where the entire upper management department do not care about or know their employees personally. The starting salary for the agents is ridiculous.
very flexible
Airport Sales Agent (Former Employee), Newark, New JerseyJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: flying benefits, flexible schedule, abliity to make as much money as you wanted
Cons: weather, delayed flights, overbooked flights
A typical day at work as an Airport Sales Agent at United Airlines consisted of checking in customers, assigning seats, making boarding announcements, preparing the aircraft for departure, and ensure each departing flight left on time. Additionally, I was responsible for the safety of the passengers boarding my flights. We also had to comply with various – more... mandated directives from FAA to the DOT ranging from dangerous goods to handling disabled customers. One of rewarding parts of my job was working as a cohesive unit to get our tasks accomplished for the day. Another rewarding part of my job was being able to assist customers that asked for my assistance. I learned to be extremely meticulous, punctual, and organized while working as an Airport Sales Agent. – less
Manangement at United
General Manager (Former Employee), Kailua-Kona, HIJanuary 18, 2014
Large company with general corporate expectations. Some challenges are having resources that are available at the corporate office in Chicago, being available 24 hours a day in non emergency situations.
Some opportunities: global travel, decent compensation, advancement opportunity
Good place to work.
Senior Business Analyst/QA Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2014
I have been working with United Airlines for the past 4 months and it has been a good learning experience. Wonderful co-workers and great place to work at.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dulles, VAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: working in inclement weather
Had a wonderful time working for UA. Just like JetBlue I got to meet a lot of new people
Everyone works very hard
DIVISIONAL BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Everyone works very hard every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with such great people who share the same passion for the travel industry.
Best Company I have ever worked for.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Koror, Republic of PalauJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: lots of good benefits and bonuses.
My daily responsibilities was doing management and employees payroll, preparing company sales deposit, paying company bills, allocating credit card charges, answering phone calls, booking reservations, assisting customers with any other issues, selling tickets and assisting other employees since I have lots of experience in most of the areas in company.

With – more... United Airlines I have learned a lot, the importance of time management, patience, how to work as a team and as an individual, respect management and the company, how important customers are and many more. United Airlines helped me grow. All the experiences, skills and knowledge I owe to United Airlines.

The hardest part of my job was the part that I have to make sure every customers are satisfied and happy. It's not that easy to please every customer but that's the way it is in customer service. Like they always say " Customer's always right."

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I satisfy a customer or I make lots of sales.

United Airlines is the best company I have ever worked for. All my skills and knowledge I owe to United Airlines and its management.

I Love United Airlines! – less
Crew Scheduler flight attendants
Crew Scheduler (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 7, 2014
Staffing the aircraft with the appropriate FAA staffing. A very high stress job that requires much multi tasking along with high computer skills and person to person communication as well as phone etiquette. Job entails great knowledge of the rules and regulations on both the airlines handbook and the crew members handbook.
A work in progress
Senior Instructor (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 31, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: culture
Any airline is fun to work for but some are better than others as far as the integrity of the workforce. Someday it will be a great airline again I hope.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 30, 2013
What I learned on this job is how to dispatch different flights to various individuals around the world. I was able to books flights National and International to customers who had flying mileage. I learned to route customers to their various destinations if their flights were cancelled and placed them with hotel accommodations if necessary.
Great company.
International Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Sterling, VADecember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working there, it was nice and learnt alot from United Airlines, took away a lot from it.
Shifts are bad
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 30, 2013
every 3 mnonths you have to bid for a shift senority goes by the 1st digit of the last 4 of ss,
Service Director Customer Service
Service Director Customer Service Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, San FranciscoDecember 26, 2013
Pros: benefits, travel. pay after a long while was great
Cons: pay is very low when starting out in this company, your day depends on the weather
Best employment career that I have ever had. It's great if your married for this type of customer service job, not so great if your a single parent, it is easy to give away your hours and do trades with other employees. I had over 7 weeks vacation when I left, but it took me 18 years to get that. Co workers are great as you learn to work with a diverse – more... group of people and learn a lot of different cultures. The hardest part of the job, is dealing with the other unions/employees, because if their contracts go bad, then the whole operation of the company suffers. Loved it anyways, lived in SFO, MSN, MKE and ORD with this job and it was amazing. – less
N/A
Service Director (Current Employee), Washington Dulles/IADDecember 21, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
United Airlines is one of the best companies I have worked for in my professional life.
Aeromexico like many other airlines are subject to market changes very frequently affecting the lives of their workers.
Service Director . (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free flights
Cons: not enough time to travel.
My average day in Aeromexico was to performed to duties of a ramp agent. Our job was to manage arrivals and departures within our turn time available. I was in High School at the time so I only worked part time. The hardest part of this job was the summer weather working next to large jets and hot engines above 120 degrees.

With United Airlines everything – more... was more professional. I learn everything from customer service, to almost every aspect of running an airline. I was lucky to be train in Hazmat materials, aircraft dispatching,ramp operations, weight and balance, communications, management skills to better understand people you work with. Our team of service directors were the backbone for the success of United Airlines here in Tucson. – less
Fun, flexible schedules, team work.
Bilingual Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 17, 2013
I would get to work, log in my avaya and start looking for any pendings to finish, start the new day schedule of team work by completing several goals that had to be done (example: do 130 reservations per hour), have my 1st 15min break to have a little breakfast snack and chat with my co-workers about work and outside situations, I learned how to work – more... in a team enviorment, how to deal, uinderstarnd and know very quickly the clients needs, and to having to resolve any kind of issue or bad situation in the best possible way and always with a smile. The hardest part to work in an Airline is trying to always have a very very high level of pacience with the clients. But after all that the best enjoyable is having the opportunity to travel around the world with a employee fare! – less
Travels
Chief Purser/Trainer, MM (Former Employee), Singapore, S00December 15, 2013
Pros: good lifestyle
Cons: unpredictab;e
The daily travels was exciting for the extended time i was there. Providing the best in flight service available at that period We were proud to receive the 5 Diamond Award for Service ahead of Singapore Airlines and this was truly an achievement.

Unfortunately when 9/11 happened the domicile closed within a month. My last 5 years in the airlines in – more... charge and involved in recruitment and training which was very satisfying/ – less
Productivity is key!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
Worked as a contractor in eCommerce Operations and enjoyed it
Technical Consultant - Ecommerce (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2013
Pros: career growth, flying benefits.
Cons: compensation
Overall a good place to work and the workload is manageable.

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos