United Airlines

United Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
wonder place to work
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2014
I really like the culture and what the company is trying to accomplish. over great atmosphere
Dont work for Chelsea
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: chelsea
The rest of the company was a good place to work some departments better than others. Chelsea was the worst. Senior leadership and HR sleep with each other and terminate and write up who ever they want. It is a dictatorship and you either do exactly what they want or they get rid of you.
Nice place to work. Contractors treated differently
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: things move at a snails pace
Good people but a lot of big egos clashing not allowing people to do their work.

Contractors are treated almost second rate. Don't have access to everything neither are they allow to work from home / remotely unless they need to. Everyone's spending more time trying to complain about being busy than they are working.

A lot of empty promises for advancement – more... but none happening. – less
overall good place
Airlines Sale Rep/ Ramp Oper/ Hardware Technician (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment, flexibility, great company
Cons: there was a time when safty was a issue but it was improved.
It was a great place to work lot's to do and had the chance to meet people
Worked under very strict daily/weekly deadlines meeting a very specific error rate
Computer Operator I (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 10, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, good pay and loved the "open door" policy that had
Cons: it was a contract and not permanent
• Long-term temporary government contract working with Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and United Airlines on retiree pension participant files.
• Experience reviewing and verifying documents of various nature, contents, and comprehending documents of varying complexity.
• Knowledge of scanning procedures and use of desktop/commercial image scanner.
 – more... Provided technical advice and assistance to Task Leader. – less
United Summary
Network Operations, Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 10, 2014
Great place to work! Co-workers and management are great to work with.
Fun workplace and nice breakroom
Baggage Handler/Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at United Airlines was fun and upbeat. The diversity of worker made this job one of my favorite. While working with United Airlines I had to understand/learn military time. The Airline industry runs on a 24hr clock so that was a fun concept to learn. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather and delays. Weather played a – more... big factor wheather it was rain, heat, sleet, snow or frigid cold planes kept to their destinations. My most enjoyable moments were watching the planes land and take off; learing the different types of planes. – less
Pretty typical for an Airline Job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2014
Unions pretty much dictate the job. Working for UAL is great because of all the international destinations and partnerships. It was good pay, not sure what it is now. I haven't worked there in many years.
It was a good place to work
Airlines Sales Rep/ Ramp Oper/ (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment, flexibility, great company
Cons: there was a time when safty was a issue but it was improved.
Major Airline Industry in a fast pace atmosphere.
I learned all safety and security awareness.
Specialist in customer service.
The hardest part of the job was when there were equipment problems.

The best part was making sure that customer's were satisfied with the service and even in the most discouraging moments find a way to make their current situation – more... better. – less
Customer Service Representative LaGuardia Airport (Former Employee), Flushing, New YorkJuly 2, 2014
The position is a stressul position because dealing with the public usually is. Working for the company was great. There was one common goal and everyone worked together and for the most part worked well.
Connected to a phone and computer.
RESERVATIONS AGENT (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 1, 2014
Averaged 60 inbound calls daily. Assist customers with making reservations, handle customer complaints, and resolve customers' problems in a timely matter.
Typical Work Day
Customer Care (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 28, 2014
Pros: discounted travel
Cons: very stressful
Respond to passenger emails and phone calls during an 8 hour shift. Working for a win-win situation with each passenger while maintaining company policy/guidelines.
Never boring, always challenging
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 27, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and compensation.
Cons: high stress and cost cutting significantly reducing benefits and compensation.
United has had some difficult changes to get through in a high cost of capital industry. Airlines need to be managed as a business to survive yet share a lot of the public responsibilities of a Utility. Add this to a clash of two corporate cultures (United and Continental), one a heavily unionized and disgruntled work force with excellent tools. The – more... other a smaller line with antiquated tools but a employee base proud of their company and you get, "A House Divided". – less
A nice place to work.
Coordinator Airport Operations (Current Employee), Newark, NJJune 27, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: working at night
Data entry work is my typical day (I work nights)
I learned a lot about sales accounting.
I have an awesome manager.
A great group of people to work with.
Working at night. Looking for 8am-4:30pm Sat-Sun off.
Interacting with my co-workers.
Terrible Human Resources Department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2014
Cons: loss of employment
I always felt that a company should fully support there employees in relation to an addiction problem.
united review
Baggage Resolution Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2014
great benefits. good company. customer service with passengers, travel agents, and airport operation.
Ramp Agents Life
ramp agent (Former Employee), elizabeth NJJune 23, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: pay and management
Easy job but always made much more difficult with horrible management on the ground. Coworkers always trying to get you in trouble and the pay is low. BUT if you love to travel then this benefit is awesome. However you rarely get to go anywhere because you dont earn enough to do so.
My intern experience
eCommerce Quality Assurance Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: flying benifits
Cons: no insurance beneifits, 8+hour/shift over pay, or holiday pay for interns
Working at United was a unique experience. A typical day meant jumping on a plane and complete IT testing. There was no consistent schedule which could be a disadvantage at times. However, all employees do get free stand-by flying benefits which was the best thing in my life! I was able to learn much about the aviation industry and the dynamic nature – more... of it. As for management, I believe they have much much to work on. Some are simply in the wrong position. – less
cool people!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2014
the hardest part about this job was being on call and not being able to plan your life because you don't really have a set schedule.
Productive and fun work place with a ping pong table
Ramp agent (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 14, 2014
It was a great opportunity for me and I really enjoyed all the employees and management. The job was fast pace and hard but I enjoyed it. You have to be alert at all times and willing to work in all types of weather.

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos