United Airlines

United Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They Lied
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2014
Cons: they lie
united airlines lies not only to myself, but to about 90 others. We were hired and then laid off before probation was over. They used us just for the summer.

I was told that I was being let go due a "reduction in force" Meaning that they were closing stations and people had to go somewhere. And of course EVERYONE was going to move to San Francisco – more... right? I'M sure that United has hired a few people who know how to think and use their heads. I"M sure a couple of them have slipped through the cracks.
I can not recommend Untied to anyone. If they are hiding the truth from employees, I wonder what they are hiding from the customers. – less
stressful
Customer Service Gate Agent (Former Employee), South san franciscoOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free flight benefits
Cons: short breaks
constant stress from management, but it was a good learning experience to learn my great customer service skills
Loved this job
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 27, 2014
Pros: amazing people great benefits
Cons: job security
I loved working here, unfortunately we lost our jobs due to a layoff
Great Star Alliance Airline
Airport Operations Support Desk Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 25, 2014
Working with my co-workers and meeting new passengers was a rewarding experience.
Over worked, low pay
Payroll Benefits Analyst Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free flights (kelly, reene team is amazing and very knowledgeable)
Cons: payroll environment very competive; lack team spirit, sr payroll manager was extremely unprofessional and deceptive
Over worked low pay, management lacked appreciation for talented employees; management over emotional lacked healthy work ethics. Although culturally very diversity very few people are genuine....
good company to work for
Project Work (Current Employee), Newark NJOctober 22, 2014
Great work life balance. A very family oriented workplace.
Productive and very professional knowledge and experience
Customer Service Representative/GSC (Former Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 21, 2014
Pros: on time performance bonus every month
Cons: unreliable manager
As an Airline Ground Staff it is a very tough job in the Airline industry. It focuses on safety and security of every flight especially in terms of passenger, baggage, cargo, catering the workplace and the aircraft itself. It has to be well coordinated in each department in regards with the movement of the flight. You have to plan and action accordingly – more... for any possible irregular operations in which your course of action will be measure on how to deal with difficult situation. The most part of my job responsibilities that I enjoyed most is the handling of a delayed or flight cancellations. – less
This was an excellent position and company
Customer Service Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 21, 2014
Pros: the hours, the benefits and the people
Cons: the industry has really changed over the past decade.
The airline industry was an excellent industry to work in. In the begining the industry as a whole gave outstanding customer service. It was something to be very proud of .
Fun place to work loved the atmosphere.
Passenger Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 21, 2014
Good place to work. Very fast paced and equal opportunity place to work.
Productive and busy place to work
Ticket Agent/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk,VaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: over worked not enough agents
although while I was in Newark, NJ working for Continental Airlines I have to honesty say I loved it and had lots of fun. Now that we have merged with United here in Norfolk,Va its not the same
Productive and a good work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaOctober 14, 2014
I worked 10 hour days but with the airlines you never really work a set ten hours because you really don't know what could happen during the day. Everyday was a new story and very busy . I learned a lot of positions while I was at United, I learned the operations department, the gate, and the ticket counter. I worked all around if i could. I was always – more... willing to help out and try something new. – less
Exciting new adventure with every flight
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee), IAD AIRPORTOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free travel
Loved this job!! Had to quit due to starting a family. Traveled to some exciting places I never dreamed of seeing.
A once Great Company
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: still better wages after top out than most companies
Cons: erosion of benefits, lack of dignity and respect for co workers
United Airlines was a great company to work for, but in the current market, following the merger with Continental Airlines, the new leadership has insisted than an job within the airline industry is no longer considered a job with career expectations. In fact, it has been summarily discouraged by upper level management that anyone of the rank and file – more... should remain with the company more than five years.
Most of the job groups that comprise United's rank and file are union, but from the top it has been made clear that unions are not wanted by the company and the company refuses to abide by the railway labor act at every turn.
The environment has turned from employee input to micro management at every level. Benefits have eroded severely and retirement affords a pittance of what it did ten years ago. – less
Always different every flight
Flight Attendant and International Purser (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: travel and flexibility.wear different hats!
Love my job! The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility and I do love to travel.
Fun People and friendly
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
It was a lot of physical work but working with the right people make the job easy to do.
Great place to work if you love to travel
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: layovers
Cons: benefits, work/life balance
A typical day at work would be on call/reserve. You are waiting to be called in by crew scheduling to work an assignment which could be from 1-4 days. You are traveling internationally or domestically up to 16 hours and then layover at your final destination. I learned most on this job of how to manage time and how important it is. I work with different – more... coworkers every pairing given to me but we all know how to work well with one another and give our passengers the best experience. The hardest part of this job would be the lack of rest and time away from home, the harm it can do to your health and body if you dont take care of yourself. The most enjoyable part of this job was traveling different places around the world and experiencing new things. – less
Everyday was a great day at UAL, no bad days, only some more challenging than others, but all of equal growth and positive development.
Customer Service / Customer Relations (Former Employee), San Juan, PROctober 3, 2014
Pros: great co-workers companionship and willingness to assist.
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed the challenge, and the will committed to help and solve situations at hand which needed be followed up on, and the right applications to comply with what was needed and expected from each and every one as a team.
Great co-workers, great benefits
Reservations Sales Service Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good atmosphere
The day was spent answering phones and assisting call center agents with technical questions and difficult customers. Management was good, usually helpful and co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was answering never-ending calls on bad weather days.
Nice work/life balance provided at HQ location
Manager, Diversity & Inclusion (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
I am a M-F non-operational employee in HR which provides for a nice work/life balance. I've certainly lived out in the operation of our airline at major hubs and enjoyed that experience. I like that my leader and management are focused on providing development opportunities for high preforming talent. I wish we made more money, but who doesn't! I like – more... what I do, enjoy the people I work with, and can't complain. I most enjoy that I get to open hearts and minds every day in my job. – less
Corporate atmosphere detail orient
Internal Support Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, monthly birthday celebrations, and annual profit sharing
Cons: 24 hours operation sometimes mandatory overtime
Orchestrating the our internal customers to complete a difficult task with overcoming solutions dealing with security issues, baggage compliance, ticketing modification, and airport security.

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos