United Airlines

United Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast pace
Airport Sales Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2014
• Support clean, safe, and reliable transportation with excellent customer service through passenger check-in, flight boarding, and booking travel
• Maximize revenue by ensuring customer satisfaction with on-ground travel needs by providing professional and courteous service from the Bush Intercontinental Airport check-in counters and boarding gates. – more... Prevent flight delays by coordinating on-time boarding of crew and passengers. – less
Excellent company to work for
Service Director-Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 2, 2014
Pros: free travel after retirement
Cons: weather dealys
Hectic and fulfilling workday. As service director of customer service it was exciting and eventful on a daily basis; multi-tasking was mandatory. The most enjoyable was achieving daily goals.
I loved my job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, mostly friendly passengers
Cons: extreme micro managing supervisors, dishonest supervisors
A typical day was I could count on working 4 flights a day and atleast one would need volunteers. Either it was oversold, or it was weight restricted. That is the downside to the job, but while some co-workers dreaded it, I actually kind of enjoyed it. My co-workers, and the flight crews were great to work with and was something I looked forward to – more... when going to work. The hardest part was dealing with some of the dishonest managers there, and having them try everything they could to circumvent federal labor laws. – less
Coworkers and job were great.
Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic (Former Employee), Oakland & San FranciscoJune 2, 2014
Enjoyed all my years at United Airlines until the ESOP and bankruptcy.
Nice environment to work
Reservations and Ticketing Agent (Former Employee), QuitoMay 28, 2014
Pros: the job it self
Cons: it was a temporal job
Working whith kind people it is always a pleasure.
There was no hardest part... I enjoyed all.
A typical Day at Home
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2014
Very hands on. I talk to a lot of my co-workers on the telephone helping them with overbooking flights.
Exciting industry. Fortunate to work through deregulation and observe the growth of the industry. Every day you started over if you were in operations
Staff Information Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2014
Pros: fast paced, variety of opportunity and nearly free travel.
Cons: many different shifts, holiday work.
What I loved about United Airlines was the opportunities. Shortly after leaving the Navy I learned my wife was expecting, I went to work for United as a Kitchen worker. I was able to advance to reservation agent and in 1979 was given an aptitude test and based on the score was brought into the IT Division and trained from the ground up. From there my – more... job experiences were wide spread. I learned how to supervise, work budgets, track and dispense inventory and marketing strategies. Unfortunately the company was sold to a group who were changing the culture. – less
fun workplace
Tech Pub Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 21, 2014
➢ Gathered flight navigation information for the pilots.
➢ Worked closely with the pilots to revised their navigation kits.
➢ Transferred navigation kits to and from planes.
➢ Assist the other Specialists to Create, publish, and distribute operations and maintenance, information, and revisions.
➢ Other responsibilities included scanning, copying, faxing, – more... mailing, and answering phones – less
very busy location
Customer service, ticket, and Gate agent (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: little hours
i pretty much did everything here we learned to work as ticket agents , customer service , cashier and even helping with directions , we all worked as a family , customer usually were alway fair and i usually never had a hard days work here .
Fun place to work
Sr. Ascential DataStage Consultant (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 19, 2014
It is a fun place to work and as well as a place to learn and put you mind and will to get an efficient output.
the best airline to fly
Ticket Agent/Trainer (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2014
Pros: the free travel
Cons: the lay offs.
The only airline I fly domestically!\
They have the best airlines rewards program.

I loved volunteering for the community work we did while working there.

Management were always encouraging
and I loved the traveling.
Invaluable airline merger experience
Sr. Manager, Partner Marketing (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2014
Merging the world's largest frequent flyer program was a wonderful experience.
Flexible workplace but it is in a challenging industry.
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2014
Pros: flextime and great location.
Cons: most it positions are now contractor positions only.
Excellent work/life balance.

Contractors are rarely hired as permanent employees anymore.
good
Food Service Department-Manager (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 13, 2014
Pros: flight benifits
Cons: long hours
Hectic, have to be flexible, problem solve on your feet and willing to give a 100 percent.
Great, safe place to work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: too long between union contracts.
Safety is the most important thing at United. Everyone works as a team. Learned a lot from the training offered to me over the years. The hardest part of the job was losing retirement benefits because of bankruptcy.
Excellent Teams work culture
Supervisor Airport Operations (Former Employee), san franciscoMay 12, 2014
Pros: builds comraderie
everyday is a different challenge always meeting new people
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2014
Pros: work facility
Cons: union shop
Worked in, probably, the best maintenance facility in the world. Great co-workers, some of who have remained good friends to this day.

Pay scale was fantastic.

My first and only airline job.

Loved what I did.

Hated being in the union.
Great company, not a lot of job security.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 9, 2014
Pros: some great managers, competitive salary and benefits.
Cons: there have been headcount reductions every year for the last two years..
There are many very capable and knowledgeable staff member at United. The merger has been a difficult process, but the company is working hard to improve the bottom line.
Very structured, lots of benefits
TBMSD (Former Employee), DTWRRMay 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: cross utilization
Fast paced, ever changing work environment. Predictable schedules, valuable benefits. I enjoyed the fast pace and helping my coworkers while working support. Hardest part would be the long hours, best reward was a job well done at the end of the day.
Was a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: pay, flexability, benefits and coworkers
Cons: having to work on holidays
On any given day my responsibilities were to greet and check-in customers, while meeting any additional needs they would have. also boarded the customers at the gate. Occasionally I had to meet the daily challenges of rebooking customers due to, delays and cancellations. I enjoyed meeting the challenge of finding alternate travel plans for my customers.
One – more... of the most valuable things I learned was to not take things personal and that each person has their own specific needs.
I loved working with my coworkers. In that job, you really depend on each other to get the work done. We were a dysfunctional, functional family.
The hardest part of the job was having to depend on weather conditions and air traffic, for the reliability of in coming aircrafts.
Also being open 24/7. That meant having to work on holidays and being away fro family.
I really enjoyed building relationships with the weekly commuters that I saw every week.
I also worked part-time. – less

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos