United Airlines

United Airlines Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great co workers made it fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: travel, co-workers
Cons: weather
A day a work would involve checking in passengers and helping with any issues they may have. Most of my time is spent loading/unloading airplanes in any kind of weather. I work with a great group of people that almost feel like family.
International and Domestice travel
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: long periods away from home
Experienced in traveling with a diverse group of co-workers as well as passengers. Learned that you cannot always please everyone but certainly accomplish this the best I could. Traveling all over the world and country was quite an experience.
Great Company with Great Travel Benefits
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2014
United is a great company that has a variety of work groups. It is a fast paced environment where you learn about the airline and all of its complexities.
hardwork, but fun
Lead Ramp Agent (Current Employee), baltimoreSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flying free, discounts, seeing new cities
Cons: new management, lazy workers, rude passengers
Typical day starts off with hoping the weather cooperates across the country. I have learned over the years that no day is the same working for an airline. In order to be successful at an airline, you must have dedicated workers who believe in working together for the common cause of getting the planes out safely and on time. Hardest part is working – more... in bad weather, delays and unruly passengers. Most enjoyable is seeing the smiles on passengers face when everything works like clockwork and they're on the way to a great vacation and knowing that they landed safely. The perk of flying free anywhere in the world is great – less
productive workplace
Payroll Processor (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2014
reconciliation of accounts,

process payroll invoices,

and audit daily reports
Vast, challenging operation. Great airport to work at.
Airport Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2014
The operation was non-stop and very busy. A definite disconnect within management. No cohesion between management and union, yet once you put yourself above that and establish a positive relationship with the union staff the employees will support you. Great airport and operational environment to work at. I wish there was more inter-department collaboration – more... in order to foster a team atmosphere among managers. However, the silos still existed at the time. Overall a very positive experience! – less
Loved the benefits.
Customer Service/Reservations Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: late evening hours
Loved the benefits of working for United Airlines. The pay was fine. The work environment is fine. The management is fine. And colleagues were helpful.
Job Evaluation Summary
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexibility, good pay, benefits
Cons: uncertainty in the airline industry
A typical day working as a Customer Service Agent/Ramp Service Agent is all about servicing inbound/outbound flight arrivals by properly parking aircraft, loading/unloading customer baggage and/or freight, cargo or mail, handling terminal operations, and overall customer service. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the changing and unexpected – more... weather elements and having to work outdoors under some of those elements. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility in work schedule because of the ability to day-trade with other co-workers. Handling tasks in an organized fashion within specific time constraints is one important thing I learned. – less
A start
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Was a good introduction to the airline industry. Have strict standards during training.
Loved working with and assisting passengers
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great time-off with work/life balance
Cons: weather or mechanical delays made for extra long days
Enjoyed the team crews. Love the travel and thoroughly enjoy people. Lots of autonomy and flexibility in the workplace. Being a self-starter and understanding time management was vital.
Good Work Culture
Principal Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Oppertunity for growth, flexible hours, sometime free lunches.
Great benefits
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), cleveland ohioAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: outside elements
Has great benefits in dental, medical, vision, and 401k. They also have great flying benefits for family, friends, and for myself
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 27, 2014
I am not going to write a review at this time.I am not going to write a review at this timeI am not going to write a review at this timeI am not going to write a review at this timeI am not going to write a review at this time
same employer
Customer Care (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2014
Pros: same as previous
Cons: same as previous
My employment history is for 21 years and my review is the same for all positions.
Everyday brings different challenges.
Cusstomer Service/Service Director (Current Employee), Dulles, VAAugust 23, 2014
A typical day at work for me involved locating delayed luggage, taking claims and processing the claims for delivery once luggage arrived to the station.
I learned that every situation and day brings different challenges. Some days weather impacted operations, other days we would face a number of challenges with maintenance issues. However, with support – more... and adequate communication and resources we were able to work through the situations as a team.
My co-workers were fun to work with. Everyone had a different personality and attitude toward the job which made each day quite interesting.
The hardest part of the job was when irate customers called you names and said very derogatory words to you while you were trying to assist them. It was also difficult to work behind someone who may have not been as seasoned as many employees with numerous years with the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others and being able to utilize the resources available to me to solve problems. – less
I really loved working at UA
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2014
I loved working at UA, if I could, I would go back in a heartbeat!
ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Pune, MaharashtraAugust 14, 2014
Start Date: 17.03.2008

Project Role: ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT

End Date: 16.02.2009

Team Size: 400

Skills Duration (In Months): VOICE AND DATA: 0011

Description: Worked for the project called United airlines(Voice) in which job role was Ticketing agent used to receive calls from the US where passengers plan their travel and we used to assist them for – more... the same
Responsibilities: Working as Ticketing Agent for International travel for the passengers – less
Great Flight Benefits
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Sterling, VAAugust 13, 2014
Since we were a reservation center and we handled 1/4 of the calls around the world for United Airlines, a typical day included monitoring calls and making sure the wait times for customers we kept as minimal as possible through effective routing of calls to associates who are idling.
Enjoyed working with my team and the associates and staff were great.
Hardest – more... part of the job was not knowing what to expect each day due to weather conditions at airports which could cause cancellations and an extremely high influx of call volumes.
The most enjoyable part was working with my operations team each day and the development and support that my managers gave me. – less
Worlds busiest airport. Period
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great salary and wore many different hats
Cons: mandatory overtime up to 4 hours a shift, distance 38 miles each direction
The most enjoyable part of working at O'Hare International Airport were my interactions with my coworkers and the passengers from all corners of the world.

My days were never typical. I would go to work knowing the technical steps of my job and go on with my day expecting the unexpected.

I worked in the ticket sales office, a lobby check-in agent, – more... an international check-in specialist and a gate/boarding agent. And I appreciated the different areas I could work.

The hardest part of my job was 'irrops', irregular operational days, that could make my eight hour day into a twelve or more, hour day.
Horrible, in-climate weather, security breaches or company-wide technical issues were usually the culprit.

I would be there if I had not been furloughed. – less
Great customer service job that moved to India
Reservations Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good benenfits and great people to work with and for
Cons: job left this area and i did not want ot relocate
As a Reservations Sales and Service Representative, I assisted callers with flight reservations for domestic and international travel. Assisted with cancelations, changes and irregular operations (usually weather issues).

For about 2 1/2 years at United Airlines I was the Facility Services Coordinator. In this role I processed incoming bills, ordered – more... all supplies needed for the operations and maintenance of the 45yr old facility. After 9/11 and bankruptcy, I returned to being a Reservations Sales and Service Representative.

In Jan of 2006 the facility was put up for sale and jobs moved to India, Detroit and Chicago – less

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos