United Airlines

United Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ramp agent/Cargo sales
Cargo Sales / Ramp Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
I started in the office as a cargo sales agent. Managing paperwork,cargo documents and was required to log in entries into the cargorack system.

As the company merged with Continental Airlines I became a ramp agent which was very physical in comparison to the Office work. Guiding in planes, Driving many Air brake trucks, Placing and tagging luggage – more... bags into carts and into Planes.
I actually loved both equally. – less
Challenging and fullfilling
Security Representative (Current Employee), USANovember 18, 2014
Pros: air travel
Cons: travel stand-by
Daily routines are non existent. Multiple areas, personnel and management groups keep the work interesting and fast paced.
well done
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 15, 2014
Pros: travel, meeting people, and the pay
Cons: living out of a suitcase, and many different shifts
Extensive travel and exposure to every type of person and nationality. I learn about different cultures and a great deal about communication, patience and team work. Management was great as they trained and then trusted you to get the job done. Co-workers functioned as a team which made the job easier. hardest part of job was all the different work – more... shifts and living out of a suitcase. The most enjoyable part was seeing so many different parts of the worl and meeting so many people. – less
overall i think i work for a great company but i do have to meet certain financial obligations
Ramp Service Agent team leader (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 13, 2014
i on a given day at united, situations can change at the blink of an eye. whether a last minute gate change or weather delays. in any case , adjustments have to be made and usually, with a great and enthusiastic team , it doesnt result in the negative.we dont just work, we talk about sports, relationships and politics to a lesser extent. i have learned – more... over the years that each person works different and as a leader , one has to make clear of his goals and objectives. the hardest part of the job is working short staffed during harsh weather conditions. however, as a leader , one has to face the reality of the situation. keep in mind no matter what the situation is, we always work safe. the most enjoyable part of the job is making sure the customers are happy , a simple thank you goes a very long way. also the company does gives incentives on a monthly basis and occasional burger burns and pizza day. – less
29 years and counting
Manager Maintenance Training (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: reduced flight fares
I have been with my current company for 29 years. During that time, I have been a res agent, buyer, planner, Continuous Improvement coordinator and most recently a manager for the Maintenance Training group. The years have gone by quickly with always much to learn. I have been able to move through positions always leaving the previous position enhanced.
Chicago CSR
Lead Service Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2014
Fun job if you don't take customer interaction personally. Good benefits, ok pay.
Good exposure technology and Process point of view
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad,IndiaNovember 11, 2014
Got hands on exposure with QTP Automation in this project
Mainframe Testing
Database Testing
Middleware Testing
Variety of testing was vast and Process understanding improved
Test plans and Stratergy walkthrough's
A job where you can advance in
Data entry/processing refunds (Former Employee), Houston TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: learning new things, room for advancement
Cons: contract job and my department was given to india employees
I liked this job and I learned alot. It was a contract job and wish the contract did not end because I would of loved to continue my journey with them.
It was just ok
Customer Service Repersenative (Former Employee), Denver CoNovember 10, 2014
Not alot of room to move up in the company. Management played favorites
not great for advancement
Night Auditor/Guest Services/Bistro (Current Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 10, 2014
They will only hire people off the street or with no knowledge of our industry.
Highly stressed atmosphere with little stability in direction
Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: flight benefits and good medical benefits.
Cons: consistent change in direction given with little to no accountability from the top down.
Enjoyed working with different groups within the airline to get the job done. Co-workers and management all looking over their shoulders and afraid to take responsibility for any action(s). It's an extremely stressful environment with low morale.
Nonstop fast pace.
Reservation Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee), Dearborn, MINovember 4, 2014
United Airlines is a fast pace work environment and when there is bad weather get ready.
Challenging
Supervisor (Current Employee), HoustonNovember 4, 2014
Fast paced ever changing environment. Great people to work with.
Great people but poor job security
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: the money hungry corporation
Challenging work especially in the winter but I worked with great people and we got the job done. Unfortunately our Union sold us down the river and we were outsourced along with 11 other stations with many more to come. Company replaced living wage jobs with poverty wages in order to increase their already record breaking profits.
Airlines are economy driven.
Maintenance Contract Manager - Sales & Marketing (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2014
Working sales and marketing in the airline business is always exciting. Everyday is different due to nature of travel. The economy dictates the nature of the business more so than some other industries. The public will element leisure travel first when the economy slows.
Great perk and benefit where I and my family traveled the world.
Sales & Customer Relations (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: free flight
A day at work is like weather which dictates most of your work day based on it.
Supervisor, DGS (Current Employee), West Columbia SCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: free flights
A typical day at work is when everything is on time. The management is very helpful and the hardest part is having delays. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
United Ramp Operations
Ramp Operations (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2014
Strive to learn more from just basic ramp duties to actual airport operations. Detail and important duties to insure safe flights in and out of Indianapolis International Airport. From pilot communication, manifest, and fuel request.
Great atmosphere, Good Job.
Associate (Current Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 30, 2014
My typical day was in a routine,Management needs a LOT of work, there is a lack of communication between them all. I've learned how to handle very hostile & delicate situations when there is an indifference.
Fun place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2014
Every day is different! What I enjoy the most is meeting new people and providing employment to those who want to work for United Airlines.

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos