United Airlines

Project Role: ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT

End Date: 16.02.2009

Team Size: 400

Skills Duration (In Months): VOICE AND DATA: 0011

Description: Worked for the project called United airlines(Voice) in which job role was Ticketing agent used to receive calls from the US where passengers plan their travel and we used to assist them for – more... the same
Responsibilities: Working as Ticketing Agent for International travel for the passengers – less
Worlds busiest airport. Period
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great salary and wore many different hats
Cons: mandatory overtime up to 4 hours a shift, distance 38 miles each direction
The most enjoyable part of working at O'Hare International Airport were my interactions with my coworkers and the passengers from all corners of the world.

My days were never typical. I would go to work knowing the technical steps of my job and go on with my day expecting the unexpected.

I worked in the ticket sales office, a lobby check-in agent, – more... an international check-in specialist and a gate/boarding agent. And I appreciated the different areas I could work.

The hardest part of my job was 'irrops', irregular operational days, that could make my eight hour day into a twelve or more, hour day.
Horrible, in-climate weather, security breaches or company-wide technical issues were usually the culprit.

I would be there if I had not been furloughed. – less
Great customer service job that moved to India
Reservations Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good benenfits and great people to work with and for
Cons: job left this area and i did not want ot relocate
As a Reservations Sales and Service Representative, I assisted callers with flight reservations for domestic and international travel. Assisted with cancelations, changes and irregular operations (usually weather issues).

For about 2 1/2 years at United Airlines I was the Facility Services Coordinator. In this role I processed incoming bills, ordered – more... all supplies needed for the operations and maintenance of the 45yr old facility. After 9/11 and bankruptcy, I returned to being a Reservations Sales and Service Representative.

In Jan of 2006 the facility was put up for sale and jobs moved to India, Detroit and Chicago – less
Thoroughly enjoyed my career at United Airlines...very thankful for the opportunity to work there.
retired (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2014
Pros: travel and team work and friends
Cons: i had to work weekends, holidays, shift work
I felt like a was a part of insuring United's continued service to the customers and I learned to work as a team to complete the tasks at hand. Management was always supportive and helpful and gave me
many opportunities for advancement. My co-workers all over the country have remained my friends and I still maintain steadfast relationships with many – more... continuing with the RUAEA (Retired United Airlines Employees Association) of which I am a member and serve as Correspondent for a local chapter in Sun City, AZ. The most enjoyable part of my job at United was meeting new people, helping passengers with travel plans and possible difficulties and the affordability of traveling to different parts of the country as well as the world. The hardest part of my job was during weather conditions and aircraft cancellations, Disappointed passengers were very angry but I maintained a helpful and pleasant demeanor and rebooked their travel plans in a timely manner. – less
Clerical Support
Interline Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: reduction in force
Clerical support for scanning tickets, data entry, research Real Time Flown to reduce number of duplicate passagners and post accurate revenue to department.
one of the best jobs I ever had
Customer Service (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 8, 2014
My carrier job
best co workers
the most enjoyable place
travel benefits
love it
OK
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. LouisAugust 8, 2014
Great perks, flying, benefits are decent…………………………………………………………………………………..
Productive Atmosphere
CORE STAFF (Former Employee), Houston , TXAugust 6, 2014
Flexible work schedule. Management is cool however could use improvement. Relaxing atmosphere.
I enjoyed Working for United Airlines
Ramp Serviceman (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: flying benefits
Cons: only con is subject to get outsource
It was great working for the Airline, Just sorry my station was chosen to be outsourced.. :(
Was a good career when
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg Intl AirportAugust 3, 2014
Busy work.Great bunch of coworkers.Meeting new people.After the merger with Continental,UA went down hill
Job
Ramp/Customer Agent (Former Employee), North charlestonJuly 28, 2014
I learned that you have to work at fast speed and also you have to control your attitude and be very patient. Hardest is not being able to help a customer. Enjoyable thing is making people happy.
Great accomplishment to work for a airline.
Hub Operations Zone Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits and healthcare
Cons: crazy work hours
Great place to me top rated co-works, and finish the day as one family.
Productive and fun work place with workout groups
Accounting/Commercial Receivables UATP Billing (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: flying for free, discounted hotel, dicounted car rentals...etc.
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work, consist of daily duties on managing tons of accounts for UATP, Oracle and SIS systems. Daily Billing, balancing and clearing out accounts. Everyday, we typically learn something new or a new software that United wants us to try out or some new innovative way to make the company better. I believe my department has the best management – more... team; they are relaxed and do not believe in "micromanaging" they believe in team work and United we stand. I love my co-workers; they are awesome and we tend to hang out time to time after work. The hardest part of my job is during close; which is at the end of the month and the first couple of days at the beginning of the months. This is were we have to clear out tons and tons of accounts by the fourth of every month. The fustrating thing is that we can't start clearing those accounts until the third or fourth week of every month. The most enjoyable part of my job, is that it is a relax environment, my co-workers are awesome and I love what I do. We are truly united and the perks are awesome as well. – less
great employees
Fleet Service Agent (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: being outside at the airport
Cons: there is none
best part is working with a great bunch of employees. They are like your second family. Working at the airport you don't have a typical day or schedule. There is always something different happening each day.
huge company - many different positions
Baggage service representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
it is a huge company. no matter what specialty your field was in UA had that position somewhere in their company.
Most amazing career ever
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2014
I absolutely love my career at United Airlines. Safety, security and service is the bottom line of what I provide and in return I get paid to travel and see the world.
wonder place to work
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2014
I really like the culture and what the company is trying to accomplish. over great atmosphere
Dont work for Chelsea
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: chelsea
The rest of the company was a good place to work some departments better than others. Chelsea was the worst. Senior leadership and HR sleep with each other and terminate and write up who ever they want. It is a dictatorship and you either do exactly what they want or they get rid of you.
Nice place to work. Contractors treated differently
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: things move at a snails pace
Good people but a lot of big egos clashing not allowing people to do their work.

Contractors are treated almost second rate. Don't have access to everything neither are they allow to work from home / remotely unless they need to. Everyone's spending more time trying to complain about being busy than they are working.

A lot of empty promises for advancement – more... but none happening. – less
overall good place
Airlines Sale Rep/ Ramp Oper/ Hardware Technician (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment, flexibility, great company
Cons: there was a time when safty was a issue but it was improved.
It was a great place to work lot's to do and had the chance to meet people

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos