United Airlines

United Airlines Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nonstop fast pace.
Reservation Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee), Dearborn, MINovember 4, 2014
United Airlines is a fast pace work environment and when there is bad weather get ready.
Challenging
Supervisor (Current Employee), HoustonNovember 4, 2014
Fast paced ever changing environment. Great people to work with.
Great people but poor job security
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: the money hungry corporation
Challenging work especially in the winter but I worked with great people and we got the job done. Unfortunately our Union sold us down the river and we were outsourced along with 11 other stations with many more to come. Company replaced living wage jobs with poverty wages in order to increase their already record breaking profits.
Airlines are economy driven.
Maintenance Contract Manager - Sales & Marketing (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2014
Working sales and marketing in the airline business is always exciting. Everyday is different due to nature of travel. The economy dictates the nature of the business more so than some other industries. The public will element leisure travel first when the economy slows.
Great perk and benefit where I and my family traveled the world.
Sales & Customer Relations (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: free flight
A day at work is like weather which dictates most of your work day based on it.
Supervisor, DGS (Current Employee), West Columbia SCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: free flights
A typical day at work is when everything is on time. The management is very helpful and the hardest part is having delays. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
United Ramp Operations
Ramp Operations (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2014
Strive to learn more from just basic ramp duties to actual airport operations. Detail and important duties to insure safe flights in and out of Indianapolis International Airport. From pilot communication, manifest, and fuel request.
Great atmosphere, Good Job.
Associate (Current Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 30, 2014
My typical day was in a routine,Management needs a LOT of work, there is a lack of communication between them all. I've learned how to handle very hostile & delicate situations when there is an indifference.
Fun place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2014
Every day is different! What I enjoy the most is meeting new people and providing employment to those who want to work for United Airlines.
They Lied
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 28, 2014
Cons: they lie
united airlines lies not only to myself, but to about 90 others. We were hired and then laid off before probation was over. They used us just for the summer.

I was told that I was being let go due a "reduction in force" Meaning that they were closing stations and people had to go somewhere. And of course EVERYONE was going to move to San Francisco – more... right? I'M sure that United has hired a few people who know how to think and use their heads. I"M sure a couple of them have slipped through the cracks.
I can not recommend Untied to anyone. If they are hiding the truth from employees, I wonder what they are hiding from the customers. – less
stressful
Customer Service Gate Agent (Former Employee), South san franciscoOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free flight benefits
Cons: short breaks
constant stress from management, but it was a good learning experience to learn my great customer service skills
Loved this job
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 27, 2014
Pros: amazing people great benefits
Cons: job security
I loved working here, unfortunately we lost our jobs due to a layoff
Great Star Alliance Airline
Airport Operations Support Desk Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 25, 2014
Working with my co-workers and meeting new passengers was a rewarding experience.
Over worked, low pay
Payroll Benefits Analyst Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free flights (kelly, reene team is amazing and very knowledgeable)
Cons: payroll environment very competive; lack team spirit, sr payroll manager was extremely unprofessional and deceptive
Over worked low pay, management lacked appreciation for talented employees; management over emotional lacked healthy work ethics. Although culturally very diversity very few people are genuine....
good company to work for
Project Work (Current Employee), Newark NJOctober 22, 2014
Great work life balance. A very family oriented workplace.
Productive and very professional knowledge and experience
Customer Service Representative/GSC (Former Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 21, 2014
Pros: on time performance bonus every month
Cons: unreliable manager
As an Airline Ground Staff it is a very tough job in the Airline industry. It focuses on safety and security of every flight especially in terms of passenger, baggage, cargo, catering the workplace and the aircraft itself. It has to be well coordinated in each department in regards with the movement of the flight. You have to plan and action accordingly – more... for any possible irregular operations in which your course of action will be measure on how to deal with difficult situation. The most part of my job responsibilities that I enjoyed most is the handling of a delayed or flight cancellations. – less
This was an excellent position and company
Customer Service Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 21, 2014
Pros: the hours, the benefits and the people
Cons: the industry has really changed over the past decade.
The airline industry was an excellent industry to work in. In the begining the industry as a whole gave outstanding customer service. It was something to be very proud of .
Fun place to work loved the atmosphere.
Passenger Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 21, 2014
Good place to work. Very fast paced and equal opportunity place to work.
Productive and busy place to work
Ticket Agent/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk,VaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: over worked not enough agents
although while I was in Newark, NJ working for Continental Airlines I have to honesty say I loved it and had lots of fun. Now that we have merged with United here in Norfolk,Va its not the same
Productive and a good work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaOctober 14, 2014
I worked 10 hour days but with the airlines you never really work a set ten hours because you really don't know what could happen during the day. Everyday was a new story and very busy . I learned a lot of positions while I was at United, I learned the operations department, the gate, and the ticket counter. I worked all around if i could. I was always – more... willing to help out and try something new. – less

About United Airlines

Now taking off: Your career At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that – Read more

United Airlines Photos